Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 06:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Bullets are even easier to make than the gun itself.

Hang around the tire shop and get all the lead you could ever need.
Charcoal, urine and cow patties.....
Sulfur makes it all burn fast and smokeless..... BOOM!
Tumble your fine powder with graphite..... and elevated humidity, does not effect the burn rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 12:21 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
The AR-15 is clearly the deadliest, most powerful weapon ever invented by man. So if someone makes it a 'boogie man,' they would be justified. Only the 475 Limbaugh might be more powerful, but does not hold as many bullets in its clip.

I read most of the article, and do not understand why they could not prosecute this guy. The issue of 'upper' vs. 'lower' did come up in another thread. From what expert posters said, the upper is totally unregulated under the law. That is not right! You pass a background check for a gun with a particular level of power. If you wish to 'upper' that level, you should have to go through another background check.
I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. If the former...I just don't even know how to reply to such an uneducated statement.

Edit: You just said "Limbaugh". Do you mean the "LINEbaugh"? The Linebaugh is a revolver. What "clip"? You mean "cartridge"? The AR15 doesn't use a "clip", it uses a magazine.

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Old 10-13-2019, 12:23 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. If the former...I just don't even know how to reply to such an uneducated statement.
There's no way he's serious.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:45 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,114,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hang around the tire shop and get all the lead you could ever need.
Charcoal, urine and cow patties.....
Sulfur makes it all burn fast and smokeless..... BOOM!
Tumble your fine powder with graphite..... and elevated humidity, does not effect the burn rate.
Or buy potasium nitrate is giant bags for cheap ...

Old 10-13-2019, 12:49 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
There's no way he's serious.
He believes in "assault trap doors" too.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:52 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
OMG. LOL. So many indicators this person has no clue what he is talking about. None. "Upper that level". HAHAHAHHAHA. Wow.
It's true, I saw it playing Call Of Duty.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:53 PM

10,454 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I always thought the AR-15 boogie man was kind if funny. To some it's the source of all evil but you are less likely to be killed by an AR-15 in America than by a knife in the UK.
Heck, all the times I have been nearly killed in my life, have been because of reckless drivers behind the wheel of a car. Sure don't see no congressman demanding more stringent rules and regulations to operate a vehicle. Heck, around my parts, most people don't even have a legal license or insurance, and still drive around illegally. This is in plain view of everyone. If the police are failing to address this problem that causes thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of death and misery a year, what makes people think they will be able to get control of guns?

Old 10-13-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is very interesting and of course it opens up a hornets nest of 3d printing parts and those skilled in metal working building guns or in this case parts for guns.

It certainly shows that no matter the laws that are on the books that someone that is bent on mass murder will find a way to kill.

I can't help but think about the similarities with say a deranged person using a gun to kill or turning to a truck. I wonder if anyone would bat an eye if that deranged person bought some parts and put them on his truck that would improve the suspension so when he jumped the curb he would stay in control to run down the crowd. Or maybe he added some more horsepower to the motor with parts bought online so he could go faster in his murder spree?

The AR15 is one of the most popular sporting rifles in the country and there are millions of them out there. I don't think one guy making some parts is "flooding the market" it is actually circumventing existing law.
As the articles states the law was poorly written and to prosecute this guy means a higher court would have to throw it out based on the way the law was written. Which would have meant a serious run on 80% lowers since that means it would be a legal, untraceable firearm in all States.

That is how I interpret it. I could be wrong.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Or buy potasium nitrate is giant bags for cheap ...
I'm surprised we haven't seen this yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjW6hQdjqA

Old 10-13-2019, 01:09 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,114,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm surprised we haven't seen this yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UjW6hQdjqA
Its not really effective. A sniper will take you out quick. These sorts of weapons are for destroying infrastructure and really only good as a first strike weapon and as part of a squad.

The first key piece of tech is new armor materials that will resist sniper rifle rounds without taking much damage. Once you have that then its a game changer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies