Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 01:25 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Its not really effective. A sniper will take you out quick. These sorts of weapons are for destroying infrastructure and really only good as a first strike weapon and as part of a squad.

The first key piece of tech is new armor materials that will resist sniper rifle rounds without taking much damage. Once you have that then its a game changer.
In most of the mass shooting situations we've already had, it would be very effective. But ya, body armor has been proven in that bank heist gone wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 01:50 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Humor me...

What is short barrel ammunition?

How is it different from long barrel ammunition?

What is long barrel ammunition?

Why are short barrels mechanically more dangerous and deadly?

Shooting the same round, Which has a higher velocity a short barrel or longer barrel?
Well, ask WalMart. They have literally thousands of engineers, experts, and managers working for them who have come to this determination.

Short barrel ammunition is inherently more dangerous because it can be hidden underneath a long jacket or trench coat. It is designed to slaughter the unsuspecting, and clearly belongs in the hands of police or military only.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. If the former...I just don't even know how to reply to such an uneducated statement.

Edit: You just said "Limbaugh". Do you mean the "LINEbaugh"? The Linebaugh is a revolver. What "clip"? You mean "cartridge"? The AR15 doesn't use a "clip", it uses a magazine.

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?
I don't know, the 475 Limbaugh came up in another thread about magnums. I had never heard of it, but a poster claimed that it was more powerful than even a magnum.

We always get into these debates over technical nomenclature in these threads. "Clip" is the normal term used in common parlance. You can see it in any TV show or movie. These are people paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to choose their words carefully. I will leave it to these experts to determine the differences between these technical terms.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
The AR-15 is clearly the deadliest, most powerful weapon ever invented by man. So if someone makes it a 'boogie man,' they would be justified. Only the 475 Limbaugh might be more powerful, but does not hold as many bullets in its clip.

I read most of the article, and do not understand why they could not prosecute this guy. The issue of 'upper' vs. 'lower' did come up in another thread. From what expert posters said, the upper is totally unregulated under the law. That is not right! You pass a background check for a gun with a particular level of power. If you wish to 'upper' that level, you should have to go through another background check.
My AR-15 can blow holes in the moon.

Old 10-13-2019, 02:12 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
We always get into these debates over technical nomenclature in these threads. "Clip" is the normal term used in common parlance. You can see it in any TV show or movie. These are people paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to choose their words carefully. I will leave it to these experts to determine the differences between these technical terms.
The same people writing shows in which they jump cars 25 feet in the air and have them continue in the chase?

Old 10-13-2019, 02:32 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
I don't know, the 475 Limbaugh came up in another thread about magnums. I had never heard of it, but a poster claimed that it was more powerful than even a magnum.

Your Hollywood “experts” are idiots.

And I was the one who said a .475 Linebaugh is more powerful than any handgun magnum. A .454 Casull is more powerful than any handgun magnum.

And what is “short barrel ammunition”?

Old 10-13-2019, 03:42 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Your Hollywood “experts” are idiots.

And I was the one who said a .475 Linebaugh is more powerful than any handgun magnum. A .454 Casull is more powerful than any handgun magnum.

And what is “short barrel ammunition”?

Maybe they are confused again and really meant an AR15 Chambered in .458 socom

He tried to answer my questions and said Walmart and then said short barrel ammunition is more dangerous because it's more concealable.

The joke, is that a typical AR15 Chambered in .223/5.56 can be built with any combination of barrel lengths from like 8-24". Shorter barrels are classified under pistol builds.

They all fire THE EXACT SAME AMMO.

Ironically, they don't realize longer barrels are more dangerous because they have a higher velocity and will do more damage. As an example a ln m855 round out of a 12" barrel will not penetrate level 3 body armor, but the exact same bullet through a 20 or 24" barrel will penetrate it.

I promise you, concealing a short barrel rifle in a public place would be extremely difficult. I can tell that you've never tried.

When you take the responsibility to conceal carry a pistol you look at things differently. I know I would not be able to conceal a short barrel rifle without looking completely ridiculous and out of place.

It's just another example where this left talking points don't meet with reality.

Old 10-13-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Maybe they are confused again and really meant an AR15 Chambered in .458 socom

He tried to answer my questions and said Walmart and then said short barrel ammunition is more dangerous because it's more concealable.

The joke, is that a typical AR15 Chambered in .223/5.56 can be built with any combination of barrel lengths from like 8-24". Shorter barrels are classified under pistol builds.

They all fire THE EXACT SAME AMMO.

Ironically, they don't realize longer barrels are more dangerous because they have a higher velocity and will do more damage. As an example a ln m855 round out of a 12" barrel will not penetrate level 3 body armor, but the exact same bullet through a 20 or 24" barrel will penetrate it.

I promise you, concealing a short barrel rifle in a public place would be extremely difficult. I can tell that you've never tried.

When you take the responsibility to conceal carry a pistol you look at things differently. I know I would not be able to conceal a short barrel rifle without looking completely ridiculous and out of place.

It's just another example where this left talking points don't meet with reality.

Again, Walmart has literally thousands of experts and engineers working for them. They have moved to ban short barrel ammunition. I provided one link. You can google to find plenty of others.

I sincerely doubt that Walmart would have taken this needed step if there were no such thing as 'short barrel ammunitions.'

Old 10-13-2019, 03:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
The AR-15 is clearly the deadliest, most powerful weapon ever invented by man.
Most "powerful?" I think the Demon is more powerful.

Old 10-13-2019, 03:59 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
Again, Walmart has literally thousands of experts and engineers working for them. They have moved to ban short barrel ammunition. I provided one link. You can google to find plenty of others.

I sincerely doubt that Walmart would have taken this needed step if there were no such thing as 'short barrel ammunitions.'
There isn't.

Walmart employs exactly 0 gun or ammunition engineers and designers where are you getting that nonsense from?

Walmart is caving to political cucks because they are afraid of Twitter mobs.

Shortbarrel ammunition DOES NOT EXIST. An AR15 Chambered in .223/5.56 with a 10", 16", 20" or 24" barrel will all shoot the exact same federal 55gr ammo. Exact same. The only difference is the terminal velocity, range and accuracy will increase with longer barrel length.

Walmart has never been a friend of the gun industry or hobby.

This is worth a read.

https://www.recoilweb.com/why-hornad...go-152737.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies