Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 07:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Wow.
A 36" round pipe welded to the top, is way more difficult to hand climb over, than steel plates. Earth magnets are on sale in Mexico.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:20 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sorry, skippy, that's why I sad the link was from 2018 (FY)...we are now in FY2020...

You figure it out if you have that ability.....

Trump has lied, not the first time I'll say that, nor the last.....because he is doing what he was elected to do, to me, means nothing of what you think or how you feel about him. Sorry if I've hurt you feelings, skippy....
Post the link that says they've been built. Shouldn't be hard to do, being almost 2 years later and all, dippy.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:25 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Post the link that says they've been built.

No no, a typical leftist comment....You prove they have not been built......you've said they have not....you prove me wrong....

Old 10-12-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
No no, a typical leftist comment....You prove they have not been built......you've said they have not....you prove me wrong....

Never mind, not that you'll believe them anyway:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...ew-border-wall

Quote:
The Defense Department had earlier approved $2.5 billion toward more than 100 miles of barrier construction requested by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the El Paso, Texas, and Yuma and Tucson, Ariz. sectors. In an unanticipated development — particularly at the Pentagon — the project was more affordable than initially planned.

https://time.com/5663795/defense-dep...-wall-funding/

Old 10-12-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Post the link that says they've been built. Shouldn't be hard to do, being almost 2 years later and all, dippy.
Quote:
From your link: "So far this year, only replacement barrier has been built, not the wall Trump promised on the 2016 campaign trail."

Old 10-12-2019, 07:41 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Did he climb it carrying his 5 year old daughter? Wife in tow?

100 pounds of cocaine?

The Wall is getting built. Border patrol says it works. Border Patrol wants it.
I have no idea why Lefty wants to debate this. It's happening even if every one of them finds someone to climb it.
1 the wall is good in certain areas - but if there a will there is a way. I saw a news clip of what some Cubans endured on the way to Panama - where they were returned back to Cuba. The wall will never compare to the Darien, and yet they still cross it and many other countries, with all types of hazards and violence to find freedom. I am happy I never had to deal with that, but what makes people throw themselves into shark infested waters on some crazy raft or cross poisonous snakes and wild life in unforgiving jungles?? The people will not scale the wall - the coyotes will find the way to get them across and make their booty.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
From your link: "So far this year, only replacement barrier has been built, not the wall Trump promised on the 2016 campaign trail."

The headline on link one:
CBP Completes Construction of 50 miles of New Border Wall

Now, run along skippy.....

Old 10-12-2019, 07:53 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
People who have the gullibility for fall, hook, line and sinker for Trump's numerous lies is also a terrible as well as foolish thing to have.
Well...you fell hook, line and sinker for Obama's and Hillary's lies.

Or are you one who believes that Obama and Hillary never told a single lie?

You have allowed Trump to live in your head 24/7 and rent free to boot. That's a shame.

I strongly disliked Obama thus I paid as little attention to him as possible. Plus I wasn't in this forum every single day whining about him.

Instead, I got on with my day-to-day life. As an American, he was my president. It didn't matter whether or not I liked him.

Do I like everything Trump says and does? No. I wish he would lay off Twitter, for example. Do I believe every single thing he says? No. That said, he has tried to keep his campaign promises and it's refreshing to actually have a president who makes an effort to do so

Old 10-12-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
The headline on link one:
CBP Completes Construction of 50 miles of New Border Wall

Now, run along skippy.....
LOL, they REPLACED a wall that already existed! Not a beautiful, new wall that Mexico would pay for where none previously existed. A huge fail. Sorry, son but you've been hoodwinked.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:58 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
If we develop a system to allow us to control and contain the 2/3 that come in on airplanes it will probably let us get most of the ones who cross the border.

Disengenuous. Illegals are not coming in on planes. The ones coming in on planes have been approved and are legal when they come in. We could cut the overstays in half with a travel ban on Mexico and Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies