Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 12:23 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times

Advertisements

What worries libs is 30 foot walls stop illegals, which means they lose future votes.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:34 PM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If a person can climb an 18ft. tree they can climb a 30ft. tree. The engineer found no need to waste any more time and materials. He`s an engineer.
The border wall is STEEL, not WOOD.

Post fail... thread fail... retired engineer fail.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:36 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
trump knows people will be able to get over the wall. Won't stop him from lying about it.
Really? Then how do you explain how the good walls in place already have cut back illegal entry in those places by 80-90%? (many links provided previously). I guess in a liberal's mind if it doesn't stop them 100% then they are useless?

You conveniently forget that the Border Patrol will be waiting for them on the other side to.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:37 PM

18,433 posts, read 8,268,923 times
guy says he built a 18ft tall replica out of wood....

This AP article from a month ago says the wall is 30ft tall and steel....dunno

https://www.apnews.com/a619922781f441c9adaa494f47001429

This video of "Trump's wall"....not the old wall....show's it's a lot higher than 18 ft

https://nypost.com/2019/08/28/video-...o-border-wall/

Last edited by Corrie22; 10-12-2019 at 12:46 PM..

Old 10-12-2019, 12:39 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,895 times
If people can climb over Trump's border wall, criminals will find loopholes in gun control laws

Old 10-12-2019, 12:42 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
These people who are AGAINST Trump securing the border...
Are the same ones who turn a blind eye to human trafficking. You never hear them talking about the women and children being trafficked BECAUSE of our lax border. A secure border DETERS trafficking.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:45 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I am not saying that we should take down the wall, or abolish border patrol. I am not for Open Borders or Illegal Immigration so don't try to put words into my mouth. I don't think the wall is a good idea though considering the billions of dollars that it will cost, when we already have a record deficit...I think there are better ways to accomplish our Goals...that Wall would take too long to build, so far has proven ineffective (Have you ever read about all the tunnels they have found built under the existing wall that we have?) and honestly, we cannot afford a wall, it would be too expensive.
So you're another one who is just going to ignore the stats on the effectiveness of the good walls? You'd rather continue paying the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us than the $25 billion wall? You're math is kind of off, isn't it? It's not only migrants looking for economic opportunities that are breaching our southern border but criminals and those from know terrorist countries also, thus the wall.

A private firm built some sections of the good walls in record time and at a far less cost. The new good walls are deep and have tunnel sensors built under them. So much for your claims, right? We can't afford a wall for our national and economic security. Huh?

Old 10-12-2019, 12:46 PM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
So the obvious question would be, what is your solution?

Bob.
Hire more Border Patrol, enact actual legislation that would discourage illegal immigration/illegal entry.
Use Modern Technology -camera's, robots, drones...Go after the people encouraging the illegal immigration, the people who employ them, the people who rent homes to them, improve on E-verify.
I am just saying the obvious, walls can be climbed over, tunneled under...many illegal immigrants obtain the Visa come here on an airplane and just overstay their Visa. If you have the Wall, what is stopping them from getting on ships and coming here that way? What about the truck they found at that Walmart that had dozens of illegal immigrants huddled in the back, where they had went through the border crossing...so they can also sneak through...
(Basically if you went after the employers, and people who rent to them, it should end...they would not come, if they could not have jobs, homes.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
We have always had walls, fences and Barricades. If tunnels circumvent walls as your argument suggests, and makes building new walls worthless, then you could just as well as tear down all the walls or let them fall in a state of disrepair. As far as the cost, the current Democrat front runners are all proposing Trillions of dollars in tax increases, so what's a few billion on a wall?

Anyway, Sanctuary States and cities which all the Democrat front runners call for just encourages more and more people to Illegally come here. Of course you don't want walls, but mainly you don't want anything the current Administration wants, whether it make sense or not.
Personally, I am against anyone spending more budget money, on anything at this particular moment...either Democrat or Republican. I think there should be a law enacted where Congress has to stay within's its budget, and reduce our deficit within the next 5- 10 years. After that stay within budget, and don't spend more money than what you have. That is asking
for disaster.

If Trump could somehow find funding for the wall (did I hear him mention that Mexico would pay for it)...well have at it then.
I just don't think the American tax payer should be stuck with the bill/debt.
If politicians can come up with money without saddling the American taxpayer, I am a lot more open to their ideas.
I think we need to work on lowering health care cost, and improving our infrastructure, but even then I think we need a clear plan to pay for it, without worsening our Deficit.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:49 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The border wall is STEEL, not WOOD.

Post fail... thread fail... retired engineer fail.
I seldom agree with you but on this one I couldn't agree more. While I think the wall is a stupid idea, it's even more stupid to attempt to prove it won't work by making a wood replica of a steel wall. I spent my childhood climbing over the wood stockade fences in my neighborhood - no sweat for even a six year old. Steel however is something else.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:53 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
I’d true, then we need to put land mines at the border in addition to a wall. Thanks for posting OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies