Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 01:07 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
If you enacted laws going after the people that employ them, they why would they come if they can't find employment, homes, etc.\

Who are you to judge her or any other poster on here? She has just as much right to be here as you do.
Just as much of a right to post, and just as much of a right to her own opinions and life experiences.
Stop with the violence man.

And if that poster is a female then even more is suspect and likely ridiculous.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:08 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You should do a search....this has been talked about already....

And I'm sure that all those illegals who will attempt to cross the fence, have all the skills of a rock climber.....
Especially all the pregnant ones who Crazee Cat Lady prefers to give free health care to at the expense of American children.

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I built apartments buildings and walked along a 2x4 top plate 30+ feet up carrying on end of a truss or a 20 foot 2x10. No problem at all. I also did chimney and roof work and climbed up ladders 28 feet with 70 lb bundles of shingles on my back.

Oh, and Fentanyl is mostly sent by packages services from China and elsewhere. It's made in Canada and the USA also. Simple chemistry.

It's foolish to think for a second that stopping 100% of border crossings would make a dent in Americans thirst for drugs. Where the customers exist, the supply will always continue. Besides, as you know, Big Pharma is by far the largest sellers of opiates in the world.

So, you mean you are like the rock climbers, experienced at doing it....and all coming over the border will have the exact same experience that you and the rock climbers have.....

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Hire more Border Patrol, enact actual legislation that would discourage illegal immigration/illegal entry.
Use Modern Technology -camera's, robots, drones...Go after the people encouraging the illegal immigration, the people who employ them, the people who rent homes to them, improve on E-verify.
I am just saying the obvious, walls can be climbed over, tunneled under...many illegal immigrants obtain the Visa come here on an airplane and just overstay their Visa. If you have the Wall, what is stopping them from getting on ships and coming here that way? What about the truck they found at that Walmart that had dozens of illegal immigrants huddled in the back, where they had went through the border crossing...so they can also sneak through...
(Basically if you went after the employers, and people who rent to them, it should end...they would not come, if they could not have jobs, homes.)

Personally, I am against anyone spending more budget money, on anything at this particular moment...either Democrat or Republican. I think there should be a law enacted where Congress has to stay within's its budget, and reduce our deficit within the next 5- 10 years. After that stay within budget, and don't spend more money than what you have. That is asking
for disaster.

If Trump could somehow find funding for the wall (did I hear him mention that Mexico would pay for it)...well have at it then.
I just don't think the American tax payer should be stuck with the bill/debt.
If politicians can come up with money without saddling the American taxpayer, I am a lot more open to their ideas.
I think we need to work on lowering health care cost, and improving our infrastructure, but even then I think we need a clear plan to pay for it, without worsening our Deficit.

Hiring more Border Patrol would be more expensive than the wall, duh. They have to be paid a wage, benefits, etc. forever. The wall is a one time expense and it helps the Border Patrol to do their jobs more effectively. The good walls should be used in conjunction with e-verify not in place of it! Not all illegals are coming here to work. Many get paid in cash how does e-verify fix that? Many come for birthright citizenship for their kids and criminals and terrorists aren't looking for jobs. Better to deter as many as we can at the border than to allow them to get in here in the first place where they are much harder to weed out and more
expensive to do so.

The walls aren't to stop visa over stayers, duh. They are for the border jumpers. The visa over stayer problem will just have to be dealt with in a different way Once again, the good walls have not been tunneled under nor climbed over successfully. The Border Patrol would be waiting for them on the other side anyway!

What price to do you want to put on our national security? We need to make that a priority over other issues. Since when can't we conquer healthcare, infrastructures at the same time? Congress deals with all of these problems at the same time. It's a matter of prioritizing on how much we spend on any issue. I can't think of a damned thing that is more important than our national security. Without it we have nothing and nothing else will matter anyway. Here you are crying about spending $25 billion on a good wall but not even blinking and eye that we are spending over $100 billion a year on illegal aliens.

Anyone who arrived here in the inside of a truck did not cross where the good walls are, duh. We also guard our waterways and airspace. Next lame argument..........

Ah, and the ole Mexico is supposed to pay for the wall rhetoric again. How many times do we have to explain how that can be done before you guys stop parroting that?

Old 10-12-2019, 01:14 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Guess all the countries in the world should just tear down their walls and fences then
Civilized places like Europe did this years ago. You are 100% correct.

There was a time when America was the leader and modern. Now it sounds like you approved of the Berlin Wall as being the way to get along.

Fantastic. It's as if people have zero sense of history.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Lol...yeah, and a moat filled with Alligators and sharks with lazers on their heads! Oh, and I forgot soldiers to shoot them in the legs.
Those that Trump was proposing to shoot in the legs were throwing rocks at the Border Patrol. Nice try at only telling half of the story. Our Border Patrol shouldn't be allowed to protect themselves?

Old 10-12-2019, 01:18 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Civilized places like Europe did this years ago. You are 100% correct.
Wait, you don’t think that European and other countries currently have border barriers to keep out illegal immigration?

I think you may want to do some research about this.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
If you enacted laws going after the people that employ them, they why would they come if they can't find employment, homes, etc.\

Who are you to judge her or any other poster on here? She has just as much right to be here as you do.
Just as much of a right to post, and just as much of a right to her own opinions and life experiences.
There already are laws on the books about employers hiring illegal aliens so why would we need a new one? It has to be proven though that an employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens and many times these illegals present very authentic looking fake or stolen documents to work. The only new law we need is to make e-verify mandated across the board but I don't know how that would stop the employers from paying them in cash.

I have no idea what you are talking about in your last paragraph. Where did I deny any poster the right to express their opinions in here?

Last edited by Oldglory; 10-12-2019 at 01:51 PM..

Old 10-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you mean you are like the rock climbers, experienced at doing it....and all coming over the border will have the exact same experience that you and the rock climbers have.....
No, I mean I was answering the question posed about how high 30 feet is - it's much lower than the Mexicans working on scaffolds and roofs and laying block are every single day.

No need talking mechanics to a fine level of detail, but a 12 foot barbed fence with sensors and cameras on it and patrolling drones is more effective then a 30 foot flat black wall with point on top do birds don't poo on it (that's what Trump wants).

AND, actually legislation....like the E-Verify they refuse to pass in Texas or Florida....is even more effective.

Given the choice would you rather pay 100X as much for less because you "like the look" of a solution? Or would you say that solving problems logically is a better way to go?

Humans are pretty smart creatures. No job....no come. Or, put in realistic terms, no jobs....very few come.

Great Guest Worker programs and smart immigration and citizenship laws would round out the scenario.

But, like health care reform, this takes work and abilities. Trump has no reason to do either. He just wants an episode for the Reality TV show to entertain his base.

The "wall" which will never exist in the promised form anyway, will do zero except to increase the income of coyotes who will then build a series of shelters in the "impenetraple" areas and shuttle thousands per week.

Or, we could pass laws and do "super E-Verify". Let's see - which one would be smarter?

Old 10-12-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Wait, you don’t think that European and other countries currently have border barriers to keep out illegal immigration?

I think you may want to do some research about this.
I've crossed between many such countries and just driven across....or taken a train....and/or not passed through any customs, etc.

Haven't you heard that? Surely you know the Ireland situation now...and why they oppose Brexit???

"The Republic of Ireland–United Kingdom border, sometimes referred to as the Irish border, runs for 499 km (310 mi)[1][2] from Lough Foyle in the north of Ireland to Carlingford Lough in the northeast, separating the Republic of Ireland from Northern Ireland.

Border markings are inconspicuous, in common with many inter-state borders in the European Union. As both states share a Common Travel Area and are part of the European Single Market, the border is essentially an open one, allowing free passage of people since 1923 and of goods since 1993. There are approximately 270 public roads that cross the border"

You really didn't know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies