Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 AM

638 posts, read 240,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Just stop. He wasn’t doing the right thing. Not at all. EVERYTHING that he did was wrong.
What a stupid comment, the fact that the guy went into an unknowing situation with the intention to help says a lot about the person, nothing has been reported to this point that says anything about this man indicates it was a trend with him..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
I missed where that was established. Got a link?
The 8 year old boy said she pointed a gun at the window and was then shot..

And I am by no means placing any blame on her..

Old 10-16-2019, 08:54 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
What a stupid comment, the fact that the guy went into an unknowing situation with the intention to help says a lot about the person, nothing has been reported to this point that says anything about this man indicates it was a trend with him..
The intention to help, eh? Then why did he gun down a law abiding citizen in her own home?

Old 10-16-2019, 08:54 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't have a link, but it's in this thread somewhere.

The 8 year old nephew said they heard noises in the backyard, and he wanted to investigate but she wouldn't let him - she herself got the gun from her purse and went to the window to investigate.

It's in this thread.

That doesn't mean the officer saw a gun.

Quote:
There's no indication Dean could see the gun, and his bodycam video showed the view through the window obstructed by the reflection from his flashlight. The arrest warrant also cites Dean's partner as saying she could only see Jefferson's face through the window.

The Ft Worth interim Chief of Police further said:

Quote:
Kraus said the gun found in the room "made sense" if Jefferson was alarmed to hear someone walking around outside her bedroom window.

And:

Quote:
Kraus said there was "absolutely no excuse" for the shooting

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/3983345002/

Why are people here making excuses for the shooting when the chief of police himself says there is "absolutely no excuse?"

Old 10-16-2019, 08:55 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
The 8 year old boy said she pointed a gun at the window and was then shot..

And I am by no means placing any blame on her..
And if the cop saw her pointing a gun at the window why did he shout "show me your hands"?

Old 10-16-2019, 09:03 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
And that has been my point the whole time, but the early on keyboard heroes that wanted him lynched up are hopefully realizing.. Once the facts come out and the "we hate the police" mentality subsides, there will be many people and societal issues to blame for this..

These officers showed up to a house just knowing that the front door was open, they likely suspected a crime was being committed inside that house and acted as such.. and next thing the officer knows he has a gun being pointed at him and responded..

What did the dispatcher tell him?? What was their training in these situations? What had they seen or heard when they initially arrived? Had there been recent crimes in that area??

And the officer did resign, which is basically admitting he made mistakes.. but when all the facts come out, I bet we have plenty of blame to dish out in other directions..
They had zero reporting, indication, evidence or probable cause to suspect a crime was being committed. For all they knew, the homeowner went out to get something out of the car and hadn't shut the door yet...…….maybe she was down the block opposite the direction they came from walking the dog and left the door open...….a million benign reasons the door could be open.

If there was any reason to believe a crime was in process based on what they saw or heard it would have been trotted out by now just like the scary crime stats for the neighborhood. They didn't waste anytime sharing that she had a gun did they?

Old 10-16-2019, 09:05 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And if the cop saw her pointing a gun at the window why did he shout "show me your hands"?
Exactly. Why didn't he shout "Gun" to alert his partner?

Old 10-16-2019, 09:06 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I think all security should be private, but given the system in place now; if there is to be such a thing as a "wellness check" govt police should knock on the door and identify themselves, just as you would expect a neighbor, bible salesman, friend, etc.

Just to clarify: you don't think any of the aforementioned groups should be able to walk onto your property with guns drawn and bark commands, do you?

Again security should be private. You sign up with a service, there is a contract with terms and both party's are aware of an obligation to each other. There is accountability and repercussions.
So no, cops shouldn't enter private property without permission. When a cop commits a crime they are usually held blameless or punished at the victims (and everyone elses) expense.

Just so we're clear: you think govt police should be able to do things that you and I cannot do without being punished for them
In this instance specifically; enter without permission, make threats, point guns, commit murder
Remember Grade 3, day 86, right before recess in the indoctrination center?

"Public monopolies of certain industries are necessary for the common good. Collateral damage may result and will be accepted for the homeostasis of the collective."

Then they sent us out to recess. I refused to accept the paradigm, clearly understanding its immoral and illogical nature, and was held back for further instruction ergo my name, "No_Recess".

Old 10-16-2019, 09:10 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Why are people here making excuses for the shooting when the chief of police himself says there is "absolutely no excuse?"
That is a great question.
One that has no sensible answer.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The intention to help, eh? Then why did he gun down a law abiding citizen in her own home?
Which was caused by a mistake and apparently the other officers made too, now perhaps the dispatcher as well..It might make him a bad or poorly trained cop, doesn't make him a bad person..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies