Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 11:01 AM

638 posts, read 240,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You don't even know if he saw the gun...….that's a huge leap.
He couldn't have seen the gun from less than 6 feet away??? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 11:02 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
So typical in todays society, you haven't seen all of the evidence but you believe he will be convicted???? Did you also think Darren Wilson would be convicted too????
Since I wont be on the jury, I don't see what your problem is with me having an opinion. If something comes out that exonerates the former officer, I can always change my opinion and it still will have zero impact on the outcome of his case.

No, I didn't think Wilson would be convicted.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I don't know what he saw and neither do you.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:12 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Which was caused by a mistake and apparently the other officers made too, now perhaps the dispatcher as well..It might make him a bad or poorly trained cop, doesn't make him a bad person..
Stop calling this a mistake. He chose to ignore policy and the result was that he ended up killing an innocent person. That's not a mistake. That's willfully ignoring policies that are put in place for a reason.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:18 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't think cops are worried about the average person. They're worried about just one who may be off his rocker.

You wouldn't find a cop in Chicago who would say they let their guard down and weren't hyper aware in certain districts just because the average person isn't going to kill him.

Being "hyper aware" does not dictate how you actually treat people, however.

I'm "hyper aware" myself these days, and also armed. But you don't see me getting spooked and drawing my gun at every passerby--even where we live on the "bad" side of I-75 in Plano, among "all those Hispanics."

A solution would be policing like Sheriff Andy (keeping the peace) rather than like Deputy Fife (enforcing the law).

If a police officer is called by a resident to investigate a crash in the back yard, does the officer act like he's there to investigate the crash in the back yard, or does he poke around looking for a reason to arrest the resident who called for help?

Does the police officer know who are the long-term residents in the neighborhood? Why not? Why are they not policing in a way that they know the long-term residents and can give those people the confidence that the police are trying to provide the peaceful lives that they all want?

Old 10-16-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Fact of society... aren't all of the worst neighborhoods the black ones?
The point is that the fear many white people have of black neighborhoods is irrational in many cases.

There are degrees of bad neighborhoods. Look how quick the locals were to come in and tell us what a horrible neighborhood this was and that you were basically risking your life by going there.

And, yet we see the neighbors on tv and they are just normal people living their lives.

No thugs, gang members, etc hanging on the streets. No bullets flying. Probably not much crime happening other than property crime or break-ins of houses when the owners are gone like happens in many places black or white.

Cause like I said before if there was violent crime or home invasions going on there all the time the FWPD would have let that be known for sure.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:20 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:

A person in a house is elevated at about three feet above someone on the ground. From "less than six feet away," a gun held at waist level by the person in the house in front of a normal-height window would not be visible to someone outside.

There is also the reported factor of the flashlight casting a glare on the window (the other police officer reports being able to see only the woman's face).

And--you don't seem to get this even though you've been told several times--whether the officer saw the gun or not is utterly irrelevant. The police chief himself has said that it "made sense" for the woman to have been armed.

Old 10-16-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Stop calling this a mistake. He chose to ignore policy and the result was that he ended up killing an innocent person. That's not a mistake. That's willfully ignoring policies that are put in place for a reason.
Says the keyboard jockey!!!!!

Old 10-16-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A person in a house is elevated at about three feet above someone on the ground. From "less than six feet away," a gun held at waist level by the person in the house in front of a normal-height window would not be visible to someone outside.

There is also the reported factor of the flashlight casting a glare on the window (the other police officer reports being able to see only the woman's face).
Do you think her stance would have made him think she had a gun?

Old 10-16-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Obviously he seen her or he wouldn't have fired at her.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies