Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2022, 07:31 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,546,726 times

Advertisements

Way to go, Joe. He may be old, but his presidency has done more for Americans than I've seen in quite some time. He's obviously in touch with what this country needs to remain vital and thrive in today's ever changing environment, setting the stage for a better America for all its citizens.

A sweeping climate, health and tax bill, the Inflation Reduction Act represents the largest attempt in U.S. history to combat climate change with a $369 billion package of clean-energy funding covering cars and homes and businesses.

New measures to lower prescription drug costs, including a provision that empowers Medicare to negotiate prices with the pharmaceutical industry, a new $2,000 yearly cap on out-of-pocket costs for prescriptions through Medicare, and a $35 monthly insulin cap for Medicare beneficiaries.

The Electoral Count Reform Act will revise the 1887 Electoral Count Act to make clear the vice president cannot discount electoral votes.

In response to growing public support for action to address mass shootings that have become common in the U.S., The Safer Communities Act — a bipartisan bill led by Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., and John Cornyn, R-Texas — include grants for states to pass “red flag” laws designed to block people who could pose a threat to themselves or others from purchasing or owning a firearm.

An essential step to revitalizing the struggling U.S. manufacturing industry and making a downpayment in the American workforce. The CHIPS and Science Act is both a major piece of legislation and a message that the U.S. doesn’t intend to fall behind China when it comes to global competitiveness. It’s another bipartisan success story for this Congress, representing a rare point of strong consensus between the two parties: that the U.S. must combat China’s rising influence on the world stage.

The Respect for Marriage Act — led by Sen. Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis., the first openly gay American elected to the Senate — forces the federal government to recognize legally performed same-sex marriages and to ensure couples full benefits “regardless of the couple’s sex, race, ethnicity, or national origin.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...2022-rcna61472
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2022, 07:42 PM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times
This is the exact opposite of small and limited government. Our founding fathers are probably spinning in their graves and shouting FJB... And the inflation "reduction" act is basically a meme at this point. People only bring it up when they intend to mock Joe Biden and democrats in general. You probably should think that one through a little more carefully before bringing it up.

It's hard to imagine anyone cheering on the addition of a mountain of debt, unless you just totally and completely hate your great great grandchildren for some reason. Collapsing indebted empires are no fun to be around.

Old 12-25-2022, 07:47 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,042,698 times
I agree. Despite considerable opposition, Biden has accomplished some amazing things that will make American's lives better. In the long run, he will go down as one of the most successful presidents of the past 50 years.

Old 12-25-2022, 07:54 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
A sweeping climate, health and tax bill, the Inflation Reduction Act represents the largest attempt in U.S. history to combat climate change..
Lol...yeah, the inflation reduction act...turned into more pork spending....and you champion it for fighting climate change?

A brilliant late entry for the most absurd post of 2022, well done.

Old 12-25-2022, 07:57 PM

2,000 posts, read 760,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I agree. Despite considerable opposition, Biden has accomplished some amazing things that will make American's lives better. In the long run, he will go down as one of the most successful presidents of the past 50 years.
Despite all that, I was still much, much better off from 2016–2020, than now.

Old 12-25-2022, 08:13 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,042,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Despite all that, I was still much, much better off from 2016–2020, than now.
I am sorry that life circumstances have been unkind to you.

Personally, I am financially somewhat better than 2016-2020, but I am encouraged by the long term payback we will see for Biden's various investments, and I am happy that many people will benefit from so many things, like the cap on insulin prices.

Old 12-25-2022, 08:38 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Way to go, Joe. He may be old, but his presidency has done more for Americans than I've seen in quite some time. He's obviously in touch with what this country needs to remain vital and thrive in today's ever changing environment, setting the stage for a better America for all its citizens.

A sweeping climate, health and tax bill, the Inflation Reduction Act represents the largest attempt in U.S. history to combat climate change with a $369 billion package of clean-energy funding covering cars and homes and businesses.

New measures to lower prescription drug costs, including a provision that empowers Medicare to negotiate prices with the pharmaceutical industry, a new $2,000 yearly cap on out-of-pocket costs for prescriptions through Medicare, and a $35 monthly insulin cap for Medicare beneficiaries.

The Electoral Count Reform Act will revise the 1887 Electoral Count Act to make clear the vice president cannot discount electoral votes.

In response to growing public support for action to address mass shootings that have become common in the U.S., The Safer Communities Act — a bipartisan bill led by Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., and John Cornyn, R-Texas — include grants for states to pass “red flag” laws designed to block people who could pose a threat to themselves or others from purchasing or owning a firearm.

An essential step to revitalizing the struggling U.S. manufacturing industry and making a downpayment in the American workforce. The CHIPS and Science Act is both a major piece of legislation and a message that the U.S. doesn’t intend to fall behind China when it comes to global competitiveness. It’s another bipartisan success story for this Congress, representing a rare point of strong consensus between the two parties: that the U.S. must combat China’s rising influence on the world stage.

The Respect for Marriage Act — led by Sen. Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis., the first openly gay American elected to the Senate — forces the federal government to recognize legally performed same-sex marriages and to ensure couples full benefits “regardless of the couple’s sex, race, ethnicity, or national origin.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...2022-rcna61472
People like Biden's wokeness and all of the nice Christmas gifts he delivered in the $1.7 trillion spending bill. If he can figure out a way to provide free tiny homes for every American in need of a house, and a $40k per year universal basic income for all the drug addicts and the service employees who lost their job to a robot, then he should get reelected for sure.

Old 12-25-2022, 08:45 PM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
People like Biden's wokeness and all of the nice Christmas gifts he delivered in the $1.7 trillion spending bill. If he can figure out a way to provide free tiny homes for every American in need of a house, and a $40k per year universal basic income for all the drug addicts and the service employees who lost their job to a robot, then he should get reelected for sure.

This is the stuff dystopian nightmares are made of...

Old 12-25-2022, 08:58 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,012,965 times
People had a false sense of prosperity in the 1920's, 100 years later it seems some are doomed to repeat that. For the sake of
my retirement fund, I hope that you are completely right while I'm playing Chicken Little.

Old 12-25-2022, 09:55 PM

27,130 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Passing huge spending Bills with a lot of waste, unjustified spending, and pork is not so amazing and certainly not responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies