Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 05:31 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It appears that the House inquiry continues and there will be no vote.

Time to stop whining and get a grip on reality.
Everyone knew the illegitimate inquiry would continue, that's not news.

Everyone knows eventually the sham "investigation"will conclude and the House will vote to impeach.

Everyone knows then that the Senate will acquit and Trump will win re-election fairly easily in part due to the sham impeachment.

Honestly the whole thing is a bit boring due to how predictable it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 05:32 AM

5,340 posts, read 4,427,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes the hypocrisy is rather stunning, after Grassley didn't allow a vote on Garland they now want a vote on impeachment because its traditional. Pretty laughable.

Interesting that 7 of the freshmen congressmen that had careers in military and intelligence do not want a vote on impeachment. They were the ones that pushed for the inquiry but don't seem to want to go beyond this step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The DOJ memo from 1973 is only upheld by "tradition", since it has no basis in law. Neither does the Impeachment Inquiry depend on anything in the law. The House has carte blanche to prosecute an inquiry as they see fit.

From the way subpoenas are being issued and witnesses called and coming to testify, I'd say an inquiry is under way at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Tradition you say? You mean like nominating Supreme Court justices? Or presidential candidates releasing their tax returns? Suddenly Republicans are worried about TRADITIONS?

I mean, did you actually type that with a straight face? Oh my, my sides are killing me here.
Yes, I did type that with a straight face. Did you bother to read it, I mean at all? I actually agree with what you all are saying. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of those that pick and choose which laws, traditions, or the Constitution says or doesn't say. If one wants consistency, you must be...... wait for it....... consistent.
So, let's try this again:
Quote:
Actually, that is not correct. The entire House of Representatives voted on the inquiry phase in both the Clinton and Nixon impeachment attempts. Now, while it is true that it is not in the Constitution that it be conducted in this manner, it has been the tradition since the Seventies and we all know how many feel about traditions being upheld. *coughTAXEScough*
Note the bolded. I even mentioned the taxes but, too many are too hell bent in attacking those that that you perceive have differing views than you do. I deal in facts, like I did in the above quote. I don't care where facts lead us. I'm not in this for sport, like many are.

Oh, and BTW, I am not a Republican, regardless of what anyone chooses to believe, nor am I a Democrat. Neither of those parties hold fast to the Constitution. They all manipulate everything to suit their needs at the moment and to hell with the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:34 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
According to Gallup polling, 52% of Americans support Trump's impeachment and removal.

"Approval of Congress is now at 25%. That is up from 18% in September, prior to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announcing the impeachment inquiry."

Trump's approval rating currently stands at 39%.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/267491/...ing-trump.aspx

So for those who value polling information, and you can bet Pelosi does, things are looking up since the House started fulfilling its Constitutional responsibility.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:39 AM

Vote or no vote, this inquiry is moving forward and got to wonder if Trump's acquittal in the Senate is a done deal.

Got to wonder how many Republican Senators will line up to protect Trump who just handed the Kurds, Syria's warm water ports, and American military bases in Syria over to Putin.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:42 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Got to wonder if Trump's acquittal in the Senate is a done deal.

Got to wonder how many Republican Senators will line up to protect Trump who just handed the Kurds, Syria's warm water ports, and American military bases in Syria over to Putin.
The better question is how many Democrats will do the right thing and break with their party by voting to acquit given that there won't be any real charges and that for some of them their political careers depend on it.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:56 AM

By last count, Trump had racked up at least 82 impeachable offenses.

Jonathan Chait: The (Full) Case for Impeaching Trump

When the inquiry moves over to the House Judiciary Committee, there will likely be plenty of options, backed by testimony and documents, to move forward.

With polls showing over 50% of Americans favor impeachment and removal, hard to see how this won't be moving forward.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:04 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
By last count, Trump had racked up at least 82 impeachable offenses.

Jonathan Chait: The (Full) Case for Impeaching Trump

When the inquiry moves over to the House Judiciary Committee, there will likely be plenty of options, backed by testimony and documents, to move forward.

With polls showing over 50% of Americans favor impeachment and removal, hard to see how this won't be moving forward.
Yawn

Old 10-16-2019, 06:05 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
i'm not following the impeachment inquiry news. I see this charade by Pelosi and schiff as part of the 3 year ongoing attempt by democrats in congress to delegitimize the 2016 election of trump and negate the choice of the american voters in the Electoral college.

if the democrats in the house were serious about alleged crimes committed by the president, the elected democrats would go on the record and vote for that inquiry.

If the American people don't like how trump has handled policy in office, he will be defeated by the voters in 2020. congress does not have the authority to decide who should be president. that is up to the voters. their attempts to impeach this president from the time he set foot in the oval office January 2017, mueller investigation and now Ukraine, reflect just how undemocratic the democrats are. democrats in the house don't respect the rules of elections which is pretty frightening.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-16-2019 at 06:53 AM..

Old 10-16-2019, 06:07 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCougar View Post
Actually, it was 3 weeks ago that they began the impeachment inquiry.
So the collusion delusion is a figment of your imagination?

Old 10-16-2019, 06:08 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
i'm not following the impeachment inquiry news.
So you are intentionally not informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I see this charade by Pelosi and schiff as part of the 3 year ongoing attempt by democrats in congress to discredit the 2016 election of trump and negate the choice of the american voters in the Electoral college.

if the democrats in the house were serious about alleged crimes committed by the president, the elected democrats would go on the record and vote for that inquiry.

If the American people don't like how trump has handled policy in office, he will be defeated by the voters in 2020. congress does not have the authority to decide who should be president. that is up to the voters. their attempts to impeach this president from the time he set foot in the oval office January 2017, mueller investigation and now Ukraine, reflect just how undemocratic the democrats are. democrats in the house don't respect the rules of elections which is pretty frightening.
Why should your opinion carry any weight, since as you said above, you are willfully ignorant on the topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies