Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 06:30 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The difference of course being that the people running this nonsense are the cockroaches themselves.... that's why they feel so much more comfortable doing things in the dark rather than the proper way.
I am rubber you are glue...that's really all you got?

The right seems to be exceptionally childish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 06:31 AM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Liz Cheney says it best.

Pelosi and Schift do not own the Impeachment process. The Full House is tasked to determine if the President is to be impeached. Not by Committee, Not in secret.

The House can't re-write the Constitution. Art. I, Sec. 2 is very clear: The House of Representatives...shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

It doesn't say the Speaker, it says the House. The only way to gauge the House's will, as a body, is via voting.

Watch the video.

https://twitter.com/RepLizCheney/sta...21889135386624
It's an impossibility that he will get impeached without a vote from the full house. Can't happen. Investigations without a vote can happen and are happening. If the right doesn't like it, that means it is exactly the right thing to do. Kudos Nancy. About time.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:33 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Says you. The evidence to come out of his own mouth was very damning and it really seems to be piling up. In the end the truth will out. Meanwhile president big boy will have to deal. I love seeing the ******* squirm.

Says the PHONE CALL TRANSCRIPTS which Trump released immediately. Read them, not the Media's lies about them.

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Says you. The evidence to come out of his own mouth was very damning and it really seems to be piling up. In the end the truth will out. Meanwhile president big boy will have to deal. I love seeing the ******* squirm.
The evidence being the transcript of the phone call indicates that he did nothing wrong. I think Democrats were banking on him not releasing that so they could very away with lying about what was in the phone call without anyone being able to prove otherwise.... but now that it's out anyone can see that there's no wrongdoing at all.

Obviously that won't stop some from still suggesting otherwise, but that's just how partisan politics works

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Liz Cheney says it best.

Pelosi and Schift do not own the Impeachment process. The Full House is tasked to determine if the President is to be impeached. Not by Committee, Not in secret.

The House can't re-write the Constitution. Art. I, Sec. 2 is very clear: The House of Representatives...shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

It doesn't say the Speaker, it says the House. The only way to gauge the House's will, as a body, is via voting.

Watch the video.

https://twitter.com/RepLizCheney/sta...21889135386624
Ah, complaining about the speaker. While Moscow Mitch sits on 250 bills passed in the House.

The Speaker of the House gets to determine what goes on the floor (Ex. Lying Ryan ).

The House is doing a good job. None of the politician's from either party are doing the deposing.

That is being done by Staff.

The GOP members are not able to show Trump they are kissing his butt on c-span and it is driving them nuts.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:34 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
B..b..but if the investigation is done in private, how will we spin up smear machines on all the witnesses!? And how will we coordinate all our t..t..testimony!? If they wont let us coordinate our testimony people will know we are l...l...lying!

Old 10-17-2019, 06:34 AM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Says the PHONE CALL TRANSCRIPTS which Trump released immediately. Read them, not the Media's lies about them.
I did. That you thought it was ok is very telling.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:35 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrats won't bring a vote for articles of impeachment as Trump has done nothing wrong and they know it. All a vote would do would be to further open up BIDEN to his illegal activity with Ukraine.
The Republicans in Congress had 2 years to investigate Biden. The Republicans in the Senate can still do so. I doubt the Democrats fear that giving Republicans subpoena power would suddenly prompt an investigation that could have been done at any time over the past 3+ years anyway. I suspect Democrats think empowering Republicans would simply prompt them to obstruct, delay, and deflect from oversight. They are probably right, given that Republicans spent 2 years obstructing, delaying and deflecting from oversight when they had the majority in the House.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:35 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
I did. That you thought it was ok is very telling.

What specifically in the transcript that Trump said was illegal, and/or unethical to warrant impeachment?

Old 10-17-2019, 06:36 AM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
B..b..but if the investigation is done in private, how will we spin up smear machines on all the witnesses!? And how will we coordinate all our t..t..testimony!? If they wont let us coordinate our testimony people will know we are l...l...lying!
Yup, they figured out how to handle his disinformation and lying machine. I'm proud of em. For once, the lowly beaten upon DNC has come up with a smart plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies