Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 01:25 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWinterSnow View Post
Fake impeachment is dead DOA in the Senate.

Yawn
I don't doubt that his senatorial stooges will find him innocent no matter what, Yawn. But every Trumper's wife is going to vote democrat this time and lie to hubby about it. Because of the real impeachment head slaps that Nancy is dishing out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 01:26 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Sorry, it isn't " news". It is part of a political action , part of propaganda and selective " reporting" by the media to fit their agenda. Leaks are cowardly displays of weakness and fear of the truth.
It's news. Period. I get that you don't like it. That doesn't change reality.

Quote:
What " should be" is what is best for the people. When you lose sight of that objective the lines of discretion become blurred.
Cool story. When was the last time Congress regularly acted on what was "best for the people", do you reckon?

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi is not the " House of Representatives ? Why? Simple. Because you do not have to be a member of the House to be a Speaker. That's in the Constitution. You can be a Dog Catcher or a Manager of an Ice Cream shop. She does not have the power of the House of Reprenattives, she only " speaks " FOR them.
Correct, and when they elected her Speaker, they endowed her with certain powers regarding the House of Reps. She is not violating any of the rules of the House of Reps. Sorry.

Quote:
We don't know what the " majority " of the House on this issue is without a vote.
I didn't claim we did. Why? Because what the majority of the House wants doesn't matter - yet.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:29 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm not the one who posted the rapist logic. Where do you even get this stuff?
No, you were the one defending it, which is why I told you that if you were comfortable using that kind of logic then you should go for it. I never said that you had already done so.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:31 PM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
you think it's proper to exclude the Republicans in the House from participating in the impeachment process, until after the fact? This is not supposed to be a politically partisan affair.

Prior impeachment precedent has indeed treated impeachment of our president as a very serious undertaking, and they treated it with due process. Pelosi has tossed out two hundred years of precedent, and has tuned everything on its head.

The hyper-partisanship commenced immediately after Trump was elected, when elected Democratic Party House members were already calling for Trump to be impeached.
Newt Gingrich is the father of hyper-partisanship and Moscow Mitch has been carrying the torch ever since. "Our goal is to make him a one term president". Blowjob impeachments, robbed Supreme court picks, robbed judicial appointments up and down the board, shutting down the country over minor funding issues. Obstruction is the Republican party's middle name.

The Donald turned two hundred years of presidential demeanor on it's ear (which is what you guys wanted?). He's being dealt with in kind.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:32 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
There is no need for a formal vote for the impeachment inquiry that’s already started.

Thanks for playing, though.
Why would you defend Pelosi? She's been "emasculated" and brought to her knees by our President.

Her days as Speaker are few, as the Party wants a winner in this position.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:35 PM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Why would you defend Pelosi? She's been "emasculated" and brought to her knees by our President.

Her days as Speaker are few, as the Party wants a winner in this position.
You're using that "" word, I think it doesn't mean what you think it means.

She made an absolute fool of him. He reeks of Nancy fear and she can smell it.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:38 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
You're using that "" word, I think it doesn't mean what you think it means.

She made an absolute fool of him. He reeks of Nancy fear and she can smell it.
She threw a tantrum and then stormed off to cry to the media while the adults stayed behind and had a productive meeting

How does that make him the fool?

I mean he's usually the fool, but Pelosi managed to come off even more simple minded and foolish somehow. He tossed one accurate insult her way and it caused her to fold....

Old 10-17-2019, 01:45 PM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
She threw a tantrum and then stormed off to cry to the media while the adults stayed behind and had a productive meeting

How does that make him the fool?

I mean he's usually the fool, but Pelosi managed to come off even more simple minded and foolish somehow. He tossed one accurate insult her way and it caused her to fold....
He threw a tantrum, called her insulting silly names and she walked off. Just like I do with children throwing tantrums. That's clear as day and it makes him a fool.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:46 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,076 times
Revenge for Merrick Garland I say. Fight fire with fire. I said it before in this thread, but this was very Republican of the Democrats and I absolutely love it.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Nervous Nancy will 'retire' when Repubs take back the House in 2020. Too humiliating to be demoted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies