Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 01:48 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, you were the one defending it, which is why I told you that if you were comfortable using that kind of logic then you should go for it. I never said that you had already done so.
I wasn't defending anything. YOU'RE the one who posted the rapist logic and I said it didn't make sense. And now you tell me that I'M defending it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
The polls" say" what the pollster's intend them to say.

They aren't factual material.

They purely exist for political purposes and to support propaganda.

They aren't the " only way" . The " only way "is an election, free and fair. The results of an election are the facts of the matter.

Democrats were unhappy with the facts of the last Presidential election. We have witnessed their behavior ever since. It has been to take away the votes of the people , by any means possible besides a free and fair election.
That was an awful lot of words to say "You're right. I don't know any more than you do."

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
He threw a tantrum, called her insulting silly names and she walked off. Just like I do with children throwing tantrums. That's clear as day and it makes him a fool.
Bull crap she stood up waging her little finger and stormed out; SHE'S the one who threw a tantrum!

Old 10-17-2019, 01:50 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Bull crap she stood up waging her little finger and stormed out; SHE'S the one who threw a tantrum!
She doesn't throw tantrums. Trump's tantrums are on display constantly. I do understand why she left the meeting though since it's very disrespectful to name-call like he does.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Absolutely.

From CNN
"Sondland said he wasn't aware until "much later" that Giuliani's agenda might have included an effort to "prompt the Ukrainians" to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter and to involve the Ukrainians in the President's campaign, according to his opening statement, which was obtained by CNN in advance of the deposition."

" in advance"

You have to love those Democrats, taking us on a path to a Banana Republic.
What a disgrace.
That statement is in direct opposition to what two other people have testified. They said Sondland was one of the movers and shakers in the whole affair.

Now we have a situation that will have to be further researched to find out who is telling the truth. Sondland may have jumped under a bus to get out of the way of a falling piano with that one.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:52 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
She doesn't throw tantrums. Trump's tantrums are on display constantly. I do understand why she left the meeting though since it's very disrespectful to name-call like he does.
Well she sure did in this incident! It was planned!

Old 10-17-2019, 01:54 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

accurate description...what is she, 12?

Old 10-17-2019, 01:54 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
He threw a tantrum, called her insulting silly names and she walked off. Just like I do with children throwing tantrums. That's clear as day and it makes him a fool.
That's not a tantrum, that's just putting her in her place. Jumping up and getting upset about it before storming off to cry to the media on the other hand.... yeah that's a tantrum.

Again, the adults stayed behind and had a productive meeting while Pelosi and her gimp were having their hysterical press conference.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Absolutely what a rapist would say, "She consented by not stopping me, she'd have fought harder if she didn't want it"
False analogy. Rape is not a matter of votes.

A majority voting in the House to stop the Impeachment Inquiry would stop it. They have no such intentions.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:59 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Oh and lo and behold, here is today's press conference with Mulvaney admitting that strategic funds to Ukraine were withheld, at least in part, to pressure Ukraine to start investigating Democrats in 2016.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video...ion/vi-AAIW4Ah

So much for "no quid pro quo."
In 2016, Obama was President, but I presume you're talking about investigating what Democrats did in 2016 -- which is something that very definitely needs to be investigated. So that's not a problem. Nor is quid pro quo. As Mulvaney said, it's done all the time in relationships between governments and all kinds of other relationships. It's the primary way that governments interact. So that's not a problem, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies