Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 07:19 AM

7,419 posts, read 2,724,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Sorry killer, presidential impeachment inquiries have always started with a House authorization vote to give them legitimacy.... it's easily proven history.

I get that you probably put no critical thought into the talking points you are given, so I don't blame you for the hilariously ignorant stance you've taken.

I just ask that you not freak out to much when Trump is re-elected and the Republicans take back the house. Just make your peace with it now.
Oh dear, you do not understand the impeachment process, just as Trump and his other spokespeople do not.

Trump's and your precedent claims amount to a political ploy, not a legal one.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-16-2019 at 07:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 07:21 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,291,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Looks like it's moving closer to no more Democrats, Trump wins again and maybe even receives an honorary third term from Pence, the next president in line after Trump.

Finally, all Dems/libs will be moving out of the country or will be sent to wherever they choose.

Weak Dems saw this coming but could do nothing about it because they own nothing of economic value, and economic power rules over all.
I want some of what you're smoking!

Old 10-16-2019, 07:22 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,114,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Do the Democrats really believe they can impeach a President based on a single phone call that he made to a foreign leader? What a phone call it must have been!

This whole thing is absurd on its face.
All it takes is lying about a consensual blow job, so yeah. What a blow job it must have been!

Old 10-16-2019, 07:25 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,291,963 times
Quote:
Occasionally, sure.... but given that she should be in prison now if not for corruption saving her, I'm not sure that's the person you want to try and defend.

The point though was that when in the same position, Republicans chose to do things the right way by having an open and honest inquiry that was authorized by Congress.

Democrats are going with an unauthorized and secretive process unfairly excluding those not in their party from being fully involved or even being present sometimes.

It's pretty clear that they have no interest in legitimacy.
Wasn't it you talking about innocence before proven guilty? It's a legitimately elected House doing it's legitimate job as written in the Constitution. There's no cause whatsoever to say otherwise. It's pipe dreams or sedition.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:28 AM

8,972 posts, read 2,580,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Except for in the Clinton and Nixon impeachments, there had already been EXTENSIVE investigations prior to the House Authorization vote - in one case, a Special Counsel investigation - which cannot be said about this scenario.

Right?

So that's the excuse for making it an unauthorized, secretive, and fundamentally one sided process breaking with precedent?

Sorry guy, doesn't fly, especially after they just got done investigating Trump for 3 years only to turn up nothing they can use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Oh dear, you do not understand the impeachment process, just as Trump and his other spokespeople do not.

Trump's and your precedent claims amount to a political ploy, not a legal one.
So, in your mind precedent is a political ploy? Lol yikes, I can't even imagine being that ate up.

I tell you how it's always been handled in the past, something you were seemingly ignorant of, and you say I'm the one who doesn't understand? Okay kiddo.

There's no valid reason why the process should be unauthorized, secretive, and one sided if the goal is to have a legitimate inquiry. You know this.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Wasn't it you talking about innocence before proven guilty? It's a legitimately elected House doing it's legitimate job as written in the Constitution. There's no cause whatsoever to say otherwise. It's pipe dreams or sedition.
No, it's not the House, they don't have the backing and legitimacy of the House because they decided to go the unauthorized route. They could get that if they wanted to, but they are afraid of what might happen in a legitimate process.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:32 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,607,238 times
Quote:
No, it's not the House, they don't have the backing and legitimacy of the House because they decided to go the unauthorized route. They could get that if they wanted to, but they are afraid of what might happen in a legitimate process.
The "legitimate process" is what the Constitution requires, not what Trump and bobbythegreat say it is on social media.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:36 AM

7,448 posts, read 2,846,664 times
Quote:
So that's the excuse for making it an unauthorized, secretive, and fundamentally one sided process breaking with precedent?

Sorry guy, doesn't fly, especially after they just got done investigating Trump for 3 years only to turn up nothing they can use.

So, in your mind precedent is a political ploy? Lol yikes, I can't even imagine being that ate up.

I tell you how it's always been handled in the past, something you were seemingly ignorant of, and you say I'm the one who doesn't understand? Okay kiddo.

There's no valid reason why the process should be unauthorized, secretive, and one sided if the goal is to have a legitimate inquiry. You know this.
Yo, it isn't our fault you guys don't understand how any of this works.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The "legitimate process" is what the Constitution requires, not what Trump and bobbythegreat say it is on social media.
The legitimate process is the process add it has always been done, with the authorization of the House.

Any impeachment inquiry without authorization lacks the legitimacy of the House.... it's why they've always done it that way in the past.

The only reason to skip that and go with an unauthorized, secretive, and one sided process is to ensure that a specific outcome is reached despite what these evidence might suggest and that certain people who could get caught up in this if it was handled legitimately are protected.

You know this I'm sure but you'll stick to your talking points anyway.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:40 AM

37,335 posts, read 19,317,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
It's over, dude. Move along.
Note quite yet. Witnesses testifying today and tomorrow, and more being lined up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies