Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 06:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And just whose responsibility should these terrorists be? They aint American by and large so we shouldn't be dealing with them Enough of us acting like the world's police and prison cell.
They were guarded by the Kurds, but not any more after Trump betrayed them.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:46 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
You seem a bit misinformed. The captured ISIS terrorists and any relatives they had with them, regardless of their country of origin, were being kept prisoner by the Kurds - the ally we just betrayed.
The only one misinformed is you. Donald Trump specified that he was referring to the European terrorists among the group, not all 11,000 (or however many) terrorists in captivity. That's one.

On that note, to the extent that these European terrorists are citizens of EU member states, they have a right of abode in any EU member state, so I'd argue that this greatly expands where they can be dropped off at. But Trump wasn't making that point, only that countries like France and Germany are the home countries for many of the European terrorists.

Moving on, I'm sick and tired of leftists and warmongering republicans saying we betrayed an ally. Y'all do realize that the kurds have been fighting to separate from Turkey for decades and they have used violence and terrorism to try to achieve their goals? Moreover, the U.S. is also allied with Turkey and, unlike our alliance with the Kurds, is actually treaty obligated (via NATO) to come to the defense of Turkey. Turkey has the stronger claim for U.S. assistance here, no matter the hysterical posts and comments to the contrary

Old 10-16-2019, 06:48 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They were guarded by the Kurds, but not any more after Trump betrayed them.
Ah so the Kurds decided to release thousands of terrorists to "get back" at Trump? What a disgrace and all the more reason to pull the he'll out of there.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:56 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
The only one misinformed is you. Donald Trump specified that he was referring to the European terrorists among the group, not all 11,000 (or however many) terrorists in captivity. That's one.

On that note, to the extent that these European terrorists are citizens of EU member states, they have a right of abode in any EU member state, so I'd argue that this greatly expands where they can be dropped off at. But Trump wasn't making that point, only that countries like France and Germany are the home countries for many of the European terrorists.

Moving on, I'm sick and tired of leftists and warmongering republicans saying we betrayed an ally. Y'all do realize that the kurds have been fighting to separate from Turkey for decades and they have used violence and terrorism to try to achieve their goals? Moreover, the U.S. is also allied with Turkey and, unlike our alliance with the Kurds, is actually treaty obligated (via NATO) to come to the defense of Turkey. Turkey has the stronger claim for U.S. assistance here, no matter the hysterical posts and comments to the contrary
So what is his plan for the other 9,000 ISIS fighters.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So what is his plan for the other 9,000 ISIS fighters.
He walked away from all 11 000 of them. No plan. Maybe he'll leave Gitmo too. Who knows.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:02 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
And just whose responsibility should these terrorists be? They aint American by and large so we shouldn't be dealing with them Enough of us acting like the world's police and prison cell. Once again, our president talks sense and leftists become unhinged, increasingly unreasonable and suffering from TDS. I've come to the point where if leftists are upset about something our president is doing, the president is probably doing something right.
very true.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:02 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
RELEASE ISIS PRISONERS*

*From the bomb bay doors of a flying B52 over Afghanistan.
from 25,000 feet.
Quote:
“I called them and said, ‘You got to take back your fighters’. They said, ‘Nope, we don’t want them’.” He continued: “I called them again. I said, ‘You have to take them back or I’m going to let them go right on your damn border’. But they wouldn’t do it. They didn’t want them back. We have thousands of them. We had some really bad ones.” The US leader stressed that America “doesn’t want” to look after Europe’s jihadists adding: “We’re not bringing them to Guantanamo. We’re not bringing them to our prisons. In many cases, they’re [European] citizens."

Old 10-16-2019, 08:41 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
FTW Just pull us out of everything everywhere....Not an American life worth any of those places....Let the Russkis die for those crap holes.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies