Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 06:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Beto: If he becomes President, police will go door to door confiscating guns

And when asked how he intends to get people to turn in their guns after he makes laws requiring them to, his reply was even more interesting: He assured us that most Americans would "do the right thing" and obey his new laws.

Could there be a clearer admission from a Democrat that he intends to disarm law-abiding Americans?

--------------------------------------------

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...o-turn-guns-in

Beto O'Rourke: Police will 'visit' AR-15 owners who refuse to turn guns in
by John Gage
October 16, 2019 09:46 AM

After insisting American gun owners will "do the right thing" by turning in their firearms under his gun control plan, Beto O'Rourke said police will go door-to-door to confiscate AR-15s if people refuse to hand them over voluntarily.

"There have to be consequences," the Texas Democrat said Wednesday after MSNBC host Joe Scarborough pressed him on how he would get AR-15s out of the hands of Americans unwilling to give them up. "In that case, I think there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm and to make sure that it is purchased, bought back, so that it cannot potentially be used against somebody else."

The question came after Pete Buttigieg slammed the former El Paso congressman for his stance on gun control during Tuesday night's Democratic primary debate. The South Bend, Indiana, mayor accused O'Rourke of having no plan for taking guns of the streets.

O'Rourke had previously stated that he believes "Americans will follow the law" but that there would be "consequences from law enforcement" if they don't. However, he did not clarify until Wednesday that police officers would "visit" people to take their guns away.
King George tried that too @ Concord & Lexington.

How did that workout for him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 06:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
What type of weapons do you mean - all weapons can "do that type of killing". You are talking wishful thinking - no indication/ guarantee that it will have any impact and "those instances will be less" Handguns are used more than rifles and the largest mass shooting in the world (killed 69 in Norway) was with a gun called a Mini-14 Rancher - wood stock normal gun - no features of an AR-15.

You "Gun nuts" that want to ban guns value their made up right to ban a gun over other human's real life right to defend themselves. PS -you are the one making it about children to try and get sympathy, adults are the targets of most illegal gun uses.

That is my daughter Hog gun. She bought when she was 10.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:47 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
So what do you need a gun at your home for? Obviously not self defense. What's the issue?
I hunt. Where do you expect me to store it.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
You know what??? I agree!!! Hell, why can't I drink and drive? I've never hit anyone with my car!
You can, right up to the limit that makes you illegal. What is your point.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:51 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If only you guys had shown as much outrage at the creation of the TSA and DHS or to the Patriot Act, you might have more credibility....
What is wrong with the TSA, or DHS ?
As far as the patriot act, i certainly wasn't happy with it.
Okay, so nice deflection, carry on..

Old 10-16-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
In a way, I am. Because any one of them could snap and go postal
If you aren't a hoplophobe why are you worried about guns. It's the kooks that go postal. Drive through a crowd, set fires etc.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that the only way to show that we care about the people who die is if we are in support of doctors or people with hands and feet being eliminated?

Come on man. Either participate in an adult conversation or don't, but knock off the childish bull****.
Adult conversation? Hard on for guns? How about you first. Drop the childish sex references.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sure it can.
Forced confiscation won't ever happen in the United States, period. It's against the constitution. But a voluntary gun surrender is perfectly legal, and so is a buy-back.

A buy-back could be the possible savior of our firearms industry, too.

With so many used guns on the market, all of them are having a hard time selling new guns, but a buy-back would allow a gun owner to easily get rid of the guns he doesn't want any more easily and legally, and the money would allow him to buy a new gun he does want.

All the gun makers who haven't gone under are now trying to sell their proven sporting arms much harder than the AR-15 or similar rifles now. Those are the guns that they can still make some profit manufacturing.

When it comes to profit, the .22 offers more potential to the manufacturers than the AR-15. Especially if the .22 is a very high-grade gun. The higher the grade, the more the profit is for them, and fathers will still buy a really good .22 for their sons, but not the AR-15 so much anymore.
I can buy back something I sold someone that's it. But I get what you are saying. Offer me 2 grand per AR and I'll gladly give you a bunch of them but not all of them.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:36 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
And so many people have said that any kind of government "gun grab" is just some nutty conspiracy theory!

Well, maybe it won't come to that, but at least a POTUS candidate has strongly implied that he would be in favor of exactly that, to at least some degree.

(However, to be clear, I am against private citizens owning any "gun" capable of killing a dozen or more people in less than 30 seconds, and I have frequently said so.)

Old 10-16-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
And so many people have said that any kind of government "gun grab" is just some nutty conspiracy theory!

Well, maybe it won't come to that, but at least a POTUS candidate has strongly implied that he would be in favor of exactly that, to at least some degree.

(However, to be clear, I am against private citizens owning any "gun" capable of killing a dozen or more people in less than 30 seconds, and I have frequently said so.)
With the response time of LEO being about 8-10 minutes you can pretty much shoot a butt load of people with just about any firearm before they show up. That's just reality. Lever action, pump, revolver. It's been proven time and time again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies