Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 07:51 AM

34,134 posts, read 18,393,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Winner.

/golfclap

That is the beginning, middle and end of the story. Drawing toxins into your body is bad, m'kay. Don't do bad stuff to your body, m'kay.
Totally agree. However, I think the Media is over hyping the risks if people use quality vaping oil. It can also be a useful tool in getting people off of VERY harmful cigarettes. The trick is to then wean yourself off of vaping once you stop smoking cigs.

I have friends that got off of cigs five year ago with vaping. The problem is, five years later they're still vaping. Yes they've cut the nicotine content way down, but still. They can't go a moment without the damn thing, and are constantly buying juice as God forbid they go a minute without it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 08:29 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,755,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I'd look at big tobacco, they surely have lost a lot of money here.
Actually at least two are involves with vape including blu and Juul. However many believe they are as big as you'd think... Some even think they are in the vape business to crush it. Let me say if your business strategy is to enter a business area just to take it down, maybe you shouldn't be making business strategy...

Old 11-14-2019, 08:31 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,240,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
As I said, we largely know all the toxins in cigarettes and many people still think you don't actually die from smoking unless you talk an explosion or you light yourself on fire with it. Both are rather rare mind you. The issue with the vape illnesses is we finally realize what oil could do it, but because we now had to look at it, we realize that vape isn't all that safer, especially with the knock off copycat packages. I suggest tracking down last night's NBC Nightly News, they ran a pretty good story on these style vape juices and what is in them and how close to being real the packaging looks.
As a product its significantly safer than smoking.

Which part of more people die every year in the bath from drowning than have ever died from vaping? By bath I mean bathtub, not swimming pool, or ocean, or whatever other form of water you imagine. Do you think taking a bath is safe?

I'm not going to convince you, because you've decided regardless of the evidence. However the fact is that vaping is safer than smoking by orders of magnitude even with the contaminants we're seeing in US juices and cartridges.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:54 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,979,829 times
Obama administration did nothing to stop big tobacco and others from adding flavors or oils added to the mix ... another sad Obummer legacy.

Old 11-14-2019, 10:34 AM

18,437 posts, read 9,062,540 times
What is making people sick from vaping? Probably vaping.

Old 11-14-2019, 10:43 AM

30,585 posts, read 24,968,193 times
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-show-n1081791

This was on the news last night. Illicit vapes are tainted. They are dangerous. The OTC vapes might not hurt you, but if you increase the heat, you can do damage to yourself.

Read the article.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
As a product its significantly safer than smoking.

Which part of more people die every year in the bath from drowning than have ever died from vaping? By bath I mean bathtub, not swimming pool, or ocean, or whatever other form of water you imagine. Do you think taking a bath is safe?

I'm not going to convince you, because you've decided regardless of the evidence. However the fact is that vaping is safer than smoking by orders of magnitude even with the contaminants we're seeing in US juices and cartridges.
I am not saying cigarettes are safer. If we talk cartridges and juice from reputable brands, they likely are especially if they don't use Vitamin E and the user don't turn up the heat for a better cloud. But, the issue is the knockoffs are a problem. I don't know why that part is what you have missed. I haven't said anything about reputable brand because I figured if you saw me talking only about the knockoffs, you would get I was only talking about them. I assumed wrong... The above post shows what I was talking about.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:42 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,587,397 times
IMHO, this is the direct result of Pot still being illegal Federally but legal in some places.

This creates a very large amount of weed which is "legal" and then can be bought and turned into oil by uncertified companies and sold for vape pens.

Thousands of people sick and dying? Legalize it now and stop the black market for anything except bud - and even that needs a basic certification if anyone except the grower is going to use it.

While they are at it, save 10's of thousands of others by legalizing light opiates so Fentayl and worse aren't all over the street.

But will the Admin do this? Probably right after "better cheaper health care for all" and "the new gun background checks". Meaning NEVER. American lives simply don't matter in the scheme of things.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
IMHO, this is the direct result of Pot still being illegal Federally but legal in some places.

This creates a very large amount of weed which is "legal" and then can be bought and turned into oil by uncertified companies and sold for vape pens.

Thousands of people sick and dying? Legalize it now and stop the black market for anything except bud - and even that needs a basic certification if anyone except the grower is going to use it.

While they are at it, save 10's of thousands of others by legalizing light opiates so Fentayl and worse aren't all over the street.

But will the Admin do this? Probably right after "better cheaper health care for all" and "the new gun background checks". Meaning NEVER. American lives simply don't matter in the scheme of things.
Some of it, but they found the culprit was the Vitamin E oil that is heated up and liquified, inhaled and then deposits in the lung. The THC wasn't found in all the vape oil tested, the Vitamin E was.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:03 PM

2,495 posts, read 858,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Promises, promises.... Massachusetts alone loses $300 million per year to black-market broadleaf tobacco:

"Police storage units are brimming with illicit tobacco as state police continue to crack down on the black market in an attempt to recover some of the $300 million tax revenue lost every year."
https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/04...arket-tobacco/

Tobacco fields are a lot harder to conceal than marijuana operations.

Meanwhile the weed price wars result in record numbers of pot growing operations in California. And now the concern is pesticides that are banned in the U.S. are showing up in the CA wildlife food chain because they're being used in illegal grows (in a state where rec. consumption is legal, and that consumption was glorified for years before):

"Illegal Pot Operations In Public Forests Are Poisoning Wildlife And Water"
https://www.kpbs.org/news/2019/nov/1...c-forests-are/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies