Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 08:47 PM

1,743 posts, read 992,793 times

Advertisements

Folks ... they're serious!

The Washington Post ran a piece questioning if the GOP can ever accept election results they don’t like after the 2019 elections

Quote:
Yes, the featured image is that of an anti-Trump protest after the 2016 election. Liberals went nuts in the streets. Protests, setting things on fire, and yelling into the clouds—it’s typical behavior from these people who think they’re entitled to win every election. Sorry, real America punched you in the mouth. Since 2016, there have been other Democrats who have simply refused to concede their election losses. Stacey Abrams in Georgia is a prime example, where she thinks voter suppression is what caused her to lose. It had nothing to do with her 50,000+-vote deficit to Republican Gov. Brian Kemp. And she to this day hasn’t conceded. In fact, she has declared that Democrats don’t have to concede elections anymore for reasons that are just too stupid to air out. You can read for it yourself. There’s only so much ‘woke’ nonsense that I can take. I bring this up because The Washington Post ran a piece questioning if the GOP can ever accept election results they don’t like after the 2019 elections:

One occasionally hears liberals muse that even if Trump were to lose next year, he might simply refuse to vacate the White House. This seems a highly unlikely scenario, especially since there may be nothing Trump fears more than public humiliation.
Instead, what is far more likely is that Trump would not have to be physically removed from the Oval Office, but would — starting immediately after Election Day and continuing into his post-presidential life — undertake a campaign to discredit the results.
Article Link:
Is This a Joke? Washington Post Writer Wonders if the GOP can Accept Election Results They Dont Like

Link to the WP article that 'I Think' can be viewed without a subscription:
Can Republicans relearn how to accept political outcomes they don’t like? - The Washington Post

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-18-2019 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 08:52 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Seems like a valid question - with an obvious answer - NO. After all, how many times has Trump (and his minions on this board) claimed that Hillary didn't actually win the popular vote?

A LOT.

And that was when the GOP WON the election (electoral vote).

Ken

Old 11-09-2019, 08:56 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Seems like a valid question - with an obvious answer - NO. After all, how many times has Trump (and his minions on this board) claimed that Hillary didn't actually win the popular vote?

A LOT.

And that was when the GOP WON the election (electoral vote).

Ken
How many times have libs and Hillary claims that 2016 was an unfair/illegitimate election?

A lot!

Old 11-09-2019, 09:01 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
How many times have libs and Hillary claims that 2016 was an unfair/illegitimate election?

A lot!
I don't know anyone who feels that way. The fact is she was a flawed candidate and many disliked her so they took a chance on Trump. Don't count on all these votes for him in the next election though.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:03 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't know anyone who feels that way. The fact is she was a flawed candidate and many disliked her so they took a chance on Trump. Don't count on all these votes for him in the next election though.
Your queen said it herself

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hillar...-human-tornado

Old 11-09-2019, 09:05 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:

A lot!
"Russia, if you are listening...." - D. Trump asking the Russians for aid in winning the election.

It is what it is.

Trump got away with it once, so he's tried again - this time with the Ukrainians. It hasn't worked out so well this time around though - and now impeachment is coming.

Ken

Old 11-09-2019, 09:12 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:

A lot!
Yes—
But asking that of either side is a legitimate question
Look at Bevins refusing to leave w/o a recount—and the vote is not really that close
He is just claiming lots of irregularities happened when they did not
They didn’t—even the GOP head of the state senate said he needs to just accept the message and leave

GA was a hard fought govenor’s race and Abrams could have made it even worse when the results came in but she accepted the loss because to continue to fight was only proving a negative
Ask yourself if Kemp would have done that after he went to so much trouble to be in charge of the election process all the way through so HE could ensure a victory for himself...

I don’t think Trump will ever leave the WH as long as it means he might go to jail
The only way he would go is if he had an iron-clad get out of jail free card
And I think the Dems know giving him that would be the kiss of death for their party
I certainly wouldn’t vote for anyone who had a hand in that
I hated Obama for his refusal to take steps to bring Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and other up on war crimes charges...

Old 11-09-2019, 09:12 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
No one really cares what she has to say.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:13 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think the current crop of Democratic front-runners are even worse than Hillary, and a lot of people agree with me. That should worry you.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:13 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
This is absolutely Poe's law in action. Our friends on the left are to this day still throwing a temper tantrum over the last presidential election because they can't accept that they didn't get the result they wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies