Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2019, 02:59 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, there is. Why won't deadbeat Canada pay their past-due amount?
Because it is Canaduh, NOT Cana-do.

Old 10-25-2019, 03:02 PM

1,052 posts, read 798,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Really, then maybe you can tell me who Canada's enemies are, because I have no idea....Enlighten me and cure my ignorance.
Canada is a vassal state to the US. It's enemies are the US' enemies.

Old 10-25-2019, 03:18 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprez33 View Post
Canada is a vassal state to the US. It's enemies are the US' enemies.
A vassal state should not vacillate about who its enemies are to date!!!

Old 10-25-2019, 03:41 PM

1,052 posts, read 798,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
A vassal state should not vacillate about who its enemies are to date!!!
You're a poet and don't know it
But your feet sure show it,
They're long fellow

Old 10-25-2019, 04:12 PM

8,136 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
You are correct. Neither Canaduh or the other countries you cited have the guts to stand up against evil, and leave that little task to the can-do Americans. Just like in 1915 and 1941, we saved all your candy-asses from total annihilation. Next time, we should pass and let your little Maple Leaf get chewed up by the bugs of the world. Or, a bald eagle could use it for nest-liner!!

Nevertheless, when you really, really need health care, and are tired of waiting, come on down. Line up right after the Illegal Aliens!!!! Bring cash for better and faster service 'cause our doctors don't work for free!!!
That's seriously funny.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:34 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Problem #3 = Most Americans are covered under an employers plan and are clueless on how much it really costs. They don't understand that medical coverage is part of their compensation package and if costs were lowered they would likely see the excess in their paycheck. I see it so many times here on city data where someone says "I only pay 100 per month on my employer plan".
This is utterly false. So the $12/hr employees at my company that are offered my excellent, inexpensive plan....if they decline insurance their wage doesn't increase.

My salary doesn't increase if I decline insurance. My insurance is $230/mo for myself and my spouse.

What is peoples' problem with employers subsidizing health insurance? Acting like it's some horrible thing?

Why do these liberals have no problem with and condone peoples' tax money subsidizing health insurance, yet when employers do it it's some sort of bad thing?

Oh wait, I can answer that....

Old 10-25-2019, 04:43 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Ask a Republican. They don’t want any benefits if they have to pay an extra penny in taxes. They’re ok with war and helping the wealthy who don’t need the help.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:51 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Ask a Republican. They don’t want any benefits if they have to pay an extra penny in taxes. They’re ok with war and helping the wealthy who don’t need the help.
Ask a Democrat. The want all the benefits and they don't want to pay for them. Instead they just blame Republicans and people who have made it in life, that have money. They're okay with open borders and insuring illegals as long as it's not their money doing it. They love spending money, just not their own.

There's your rhetoric, reversed.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Problem #3 = Most Americans are covered under an employers plan and are clueless on how much it really costs. They don't understand that medical coverage is part of their compensation package and if costs were lowered they would likely see the excess in their paycheck. I see it so many times here on city data where someone says "I only pay 100 per month on my employer plan".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
This is utterly false. So the $12/hr employees at my company that are offered my excellent, inexpensive plan....if they decline insurance their wage doesn't increase.

My salary doesn't increase if I decline insurance. My insurance is $230/mo for myself and my spouse.

What is peoples' problem with employers subsidizing health insurance? Acting like it's some horrible thing?

Why do these liberals have no problem with and condone peoples' tax money subsidizing health insurance, yet when employers do it it's some sort of bad thing?

Oh wait, I can answer that....
You know, I'd like to see a UHC in this country. But the above is one of the poorest arguments for it. Not going to happen.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:39 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Because it is Canaduh, NOT Cana-do.
Yeah we're eternally embarrassed of having to have Americans risk their lives to hide and smuggle six of our diplomats out of Iran while our helicopters were busily can-doing the desert landscape.

We are still smarting over closing our airspace to thousands of our own returning citizens deemed too great a threat to allow to land in their own country but you took them all without question or consideration of risk and sheltered them in your own homes for days until after we got over fear of our own people.

We are eternally glad you guys held off the Germans and had won all those tougher battles like Vimy Ridge while we were working up our courage to join the fray three years late and just barely before it ended.

Same again for WWII, we don't know what we would have done without America joining on day one with your pilots winning the air war over Britain and two full years of vacillation by Canada before we finally committed to hostilities. I mean; it really wasn't our war after all.

Oh, and we mustn't forget how just a few hundred of you held off a raging horde of thousands of Chicoms chasing our retreating backsides through your lines at the battle of Kapyong in Korea. The fact you were begged by us to hold at all costs and you doing just that, with hand to hand fighting, is the very reason why the Chinese retreated and never again threatened the 38th parallel, and arguably the only reason why there's even a South Korea today. We thought we were being magnanimous by awarding you a unit citation, the first foreign unit to be thusly awarded.

We were, after all only retreating for the third time so we have much to thank you for and our pride's intact with the nice shiny helmets marching to and fro to prove it..

We wold also wish to express our admiration for your decision to stay out of Vietnam debacle as having to leave all those Hueys rusting on the seabed over there in our haste to beat feet out of there is an embarrassment we're still smarting over and have spent millions trying to burnish our lacklustre image via Hollywood fantasies. We could have learned a thing or two about idiotic military adventurism from you on that one.

Now as to Iraq what can we say; we insisted on invading on a false premise and in spite of claiming to have the most bestest "can-do" military and spending billions trying to buy allegiance, we are still there to this day having no success whatsoever in quelling that cesspool even though today's recruits weren't even born yet when we lurched into that one.

Oh, and as too those many times you've saddled up and ran to our aid without being asked during any number of natural disasters, sometimes getting there before any of us do, we hope to perform as admirably in return and are just waiting for a hallmark "wiki-wiki" moment.

It'll eventually come, but today we've got abandoning the Peshmerga Kurds to get done with in a similar manner to our earlier Vietnam abandonment.

We missed that course that taught us repeating the same mistake over and over while expecting different results not jibing with our 'legend in our own minds' reality.

I'm sure you understand.

Hey; you're onto something here; this rewriting of actual historical events is way more fun than boring 'on topic' talk about a failing healthcare delivery system in America.

Last edited by BruSan; 10-25-2019 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies