Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2019, 07:04 AM

45,059 posts, read 26,215,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
The average social security recipient receives 30% more than they put in, the average Medicaid recipient is middle class elderly in long term care. The money from my check is going S. S. medicare Recipients. People who hate government so much should work to end social security medicare, etc.
You're doing it for us by bankrupting them thanks.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:05 AM

13,809 posts, read 5,517,576 times
Quote:
People who hate government so much should work to end social security medicare, etc.
I work to end all of it, top to bottom, including the indentured servitude rackets of entitlements.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:08 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,395,828 times
Quote:
who pays for Medicare? My money that comes out of my check pays for social security, Medicare, Medicaid but you don't see many politicians wanting to do away with social security or medicare
Great post!

Old 10-18-2019, 07:13 AM

13,628 posts, read 20,695,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Why?

We do.

Medicare, Medicaid, VA, SSI, Obamacare/ACA, etc.

What differs is ours is balkanized.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:18 AM

1,086 posts, read 439,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
sure govt dicating waist sizes and BMI, what could go wrong? And maybe we could use a similiar scheme to weed out the evil blonde haired blue eyed people (or brown skinned folks depending on the team in power)
Oh and remember the carb laden USDA food pyramid that all but guaranteed obesity? Yeah those same people are going set the criteria for health care.
FYI this isn't Japan, they can keep their creepy body control scheme over there.
I am all for obesity penalties, I am so sick of paying for peoples poor life choices and dirty habits. The obesity costs to the health care system are estimated to be 157 billion dollars. All because of laziness

Old 10-18-2019, 07:23 AM

45,059 posts, read 26,215,504 times
Quote:
I am all for obesity penalties, I am so sick of paying for peoples poor life choices and dirty habits. The obesity costs to the health care system are estimated to be 157 billion dollars. All because of laziness
Why would you assume all obesity is the result of sloth?
Who defines obese?
Sounds like you hate people who dont look like you.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:24 AM

72,837 posts, read 62,229,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The main reason:

“It’s better to die or go broke from a serious illness than to have some undeserving black or Hispanic person benefit from MY tax dollars.” — typical Republican voter
There are times when I wonder if this is why some people don't want universal health care, or in some cases, public transportation.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:34 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,391,920 times
Quote:
obesity is not 100% because of laziness...for many it is a medical/physical condition

who would set the standards...based on what metric

do we say a petite 5' 100lb female is perfect.. yet a a 5' yet 125lb is obese??
do we say a male who is 6' and 160 is perfect..yet a 6' 185 male is obese?
do we do like the army and have a weight scale, and if you bust the weight you get a tape test??? sorry you are 1% over, higher ins for you??

how about other penalties??

you smoke cigarettes/cigars.... higher cost to you
you do drugs OF ANY KIND...higher cost to you
you do sports...higher cost, because of higher risk
you do extreme adrenaline junkie stuff...higher cost, because of much higher risk

drive a sports car...more likely to get in an accident... higher risk of health care costs... penalty for you

oh wait...lets do genetic testing...... there would be some great penalties

Old 10-18-2019, 07:35 AM

88,672 posts, read 44,417,536 times
Quote:
The average social security recipient receives 30% more than they put in, the average Medicaid recipient is middle class elderly in long term care. The money from my check is going to S. S. medicare recipients. People who hate government so much should work to end social security medicare, etc.
I don't know where you're getting you're info, but you're wrong. MOST people now LOSE money on SS. Only the low-income come out ahead.

Quote:
"As recently as 1985, workers at every income level could retire and expect to get more in benefits than they paid in Social Security taxes, though they didn't do quite as well as their parents and grandparents.

Not anymore.

A married couple retiring last year after both spouses earned average lifetime wages paid about $598,000 in Social Security taxes during their careers. They can expect to collect about $556,000 in benefits, if the man lives to 82 and the woman lives to 85, according to a 2011 study by the Urban Institute, a Washington think tank.

Social Security benefits are progressive, so most low-income workers retiring today still will get slightly more in benefits than they paid in taxes. Most high-income workers started getting less in benefits than they paid in taxes in the 1990s, according to data from the Social Security Administration."
Social Security is a LOSING deal for most workers - Associated Press

There is no cap on the Medicare tax, so higher-income earners will not recoup in Medicare benefits the amount they've paid in Medicare tax.

Benefiting some by penalizing others is unconstitutional. It violates the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause. SS and Medicare benefits SHOULD be directly proportionate to one's contributions to each program. This would be simple to do as the Fed Gov keeps records of what each taxpayer has paid over their lifetime.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:38 AM

88,672 posts, read 44,417,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You're doing it for us by bankrupting them thanks.
Exactly. They're not sustainable and will implode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies