Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 02:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Well, since you responded as such I guess you must be one of them there anti-California boneheads fueled by jealousy and warped right-wing brain farts. Did I hurt your feelings? (I hear a tiny violin.) OP spends an enormous amount of time making ridiculous comparisons between California and his favorite hell-hole states...usually North Dakota. By making these comparisons he only shows how pitiful and low-life his preferred places are. Now he's turned on Oklahoma which would just as soon be left out of his personal crusade against California.
Ridiculous is an understatement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 05:45 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Fuel prices are lower in the heartland. That's simply the way it is. On both coasts, in red and blue areas, gas is more expensive.
Funny, I live on the 'coast and I just paid $2.16.
Triple A says otherwise,
https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/

If you are going to make claims, at the least provide credible evidence to back them up.

Old 10-20-2019, 05:52 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump wouldn't even be capable of managing that Dairy Queen. He's destroying this country and you don't care because he hates the same people you do.
"Trump wouldn't even be capable of managing that Dairy Queen."

But he can build and run a BILLION dollar worldwide empire!

And we are called the UN-educated! You can't make this stuff up!

"because he hates the same people you do" The ONLY hate I see is from people like you.

TDS IS a mental illness!

Old 10-20-2019, 05:52 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
San Francisco is an anomaly that may some day soon reach a breaking point. It seems there are two classes of people. Homeless and those that can afford a home with an average $1.4 million median price. It is absurd when you think about it.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:52 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Well, since you responded as such I guess you must be one of them there anti-California boneheads fueled by jealousy and warped right-wing brain farts. Did I hurt your feelings? (I hear a tiny violin.) OP spends an enormous amount of time making ridiculous comparisons between California and his favorite hell-hole states...usually North Dakota. By making these comparisons he only shows how pitiful and low-life his preferred places are. Now he's turned on Oklahoma which would just as soon be left out of his personal crusade against California.
Nah, I'm just pointing out the truth, and you don't like being called on it.

If the OP didn't get under your skin, you would just ignore him...but you don't.

Jealousy has nothing to do with how I feel about California.

I'm not anti California, I'm anti what California has become to some extent...the road they have gone down in a number of ways policy wise, on a local level in some areas, and statewide.

I'm not a right winger, can't stand Trump (and some people don't think Trump is conservative...just that he panders to conservatives) and would never vote for him, and I'm not a Republican.

I'm a 5th generation SF Bay Area native whose roots go back before the Gold Rush. I lived in California for about 50 years, and explored just about everywhere I wanted to explore....much more enjoyable when there was much less traffic and fewer people overall....even considering that some heralded places are still remote and uncrowded.

I moved to the Houston metro for a relationship (that didn't work out). I might move somewhere else eventually to be closer to skiing, but I would never move back to California, and I can afford it. I don't agree with the positions that some levels of government take on certain issues, and with how some tax revenue is spent (more so than with any other state on both of those fronts) and I want as little of the tax revenue generated by me as possible to go to those ends. I still have some things to take care of in California, but I hope to have that wrapped up by next year.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Trump wouldn't even be capable of managing that Dairy Queen."

But he can build and run a BILLION dollar worldwide empire!
Trump inherited quite a bit, and if he had put his inheritance in an index fund, he'd be far wealthier than he is now.

Quote:
And we are called the UN-educated! You can't make this stuff up!

"because he hates the same people you do" The ONLY hate I see is from people like you.

TDS IS a mental illness!
You obviously weren't aware of the simple fact that I pointed out above .

Old 10-20-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Triple A says otherwise,

If you are going to make claims, at the least provide credible evidence to back them up.

Interesting link.

I just filled up (under 2 hours ago) at the Walmart in zip code 77380, and I paid over 20 cents less per gallon than the low end of the average ($2.26 9/10) for Texas (which is in the cheapest tier on that map). I paid $2.03 9/10 per gallon.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:20 AM

30,164 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The poster you responded to lives in Oklahoma City, so has the right to bash it if he doesn't like it

As someone who have lived in San Francisco and has rentals near OKC both have their good and bad points.

But the good thing about America is choice. If you want a high tax euro type of local San Francisco fits that bill. If you want affordable living with nice down to earth residents OKC works.

If you live in Canada or most of Europe you are stuck with one type of government with high taxes and oppressive government control.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
As someone who have lived in San Francisco and has rentals near OKC both have their good and bad points.

But the good thing about America is choice. If you want a high tax euro type of local San Francisco fits that bill. If you want affordable living with nice down to earth residents OKC works.

If you live in Canada or most of Europe you are stuck with one type of government with high taxes and oppressive government control.
And this is why the states should have more power and the Federal government less.

Oh and lovecrowds California OPs are garbage. We need to remember that.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:38 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Triple A says otherwise,
Same price here. It has to do with state gas taxes. I would be paying $2.13 now had Republicans not raise the gas tax by 3 cents.

It was so in the recent past, but I don't think Oklahoma can be held up any more as a good example of a far right Republican ruled state. In 2018, around a dozen incumbent Republican state legislators got thrown out of office, largely due to how poorly they were governing and not listening to constituents. Republicans were totally shocked. As a result, Republicans concluded they better start listening to the will of the voters, especially when it comes to better funding education and legalizing medical marijuana, among other issues. The 2018 election of a governor, a Republican, who never had anything to do with government, was a further reflection of unhappiness with the status quo after having already well experienced Republicans at the state capitol trying to run the state.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 10-20-2019 at 11:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies