Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2019, 04:16 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Moving to an utterly failed state isn't something that I would do.
But ymmv.
They live a plush, carefree life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 04:40 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Good thing we have the wall to protect us from the evil, dangerous Mexicans. Oh wait. . .
Mexicans are waiting for you, under your bed. Sweet dreams.

Old 10-19-2019, 07:41 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yet Mexico offered these migrants from Central America jobs on their way to invade the USA. No one has a right to a job by breaking our immigration laws and taking them from our own citizens by working for less and committing felony ID theft or tax evasion. I suggest you don't make false accusations of me. I'm not ok with any visa over stayers but the fact is that most of them are from Latino countries combined and they are usually the poor who end up being a burden to our country just like those who came here illegally.

As I also said, at least we know something about the visa over stayers while we know nothing about the border jumpers. Many of them are criminals and those from known terrorist countries to.
It wasn't an accusation, I said "it seems..."

It was a comment on your previous comment "Those people are a burden to us not the Canadians." Nevermind that Canadians who overstay are more than twice as Mexicans.

Central Americans were not offered jobs, they were offered temporary permit to stay at Mexico's poorest state.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:07 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
It wasn't an accusation, I said "it seems..."

It was a comment on your previous comment "Those people are a burden to us not the Canadians." Nevermind that Canadians who overstay are more than twice as Mexicans.

Central Americans were not offered jobs, they were offered temporary permit to stay at Mexico's poorest state.
And I told you that all Latino countries combined are the largest visa over stayers. You seem to want to be pulling the race card here by harping about white Canadians all the time (yes most are white). I also stated that it's not the Canadians who have been a financial burden to us either. But any rate all visa over stayers need to be caught and sent home.

No, these asylum seekers were also offered jobs in Mexico.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...seeking-asylum

Old 10-19-2019, 08:13 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Mexicans are waiting for you, under your bed. Sweet dreams.
I have a Latina waiting for me ON my bed

Seriously. Get into some Hispanic culture. It’s pretty bomb. Good parties, sexy women, lots of alcohol and always more good food than you can actually eat. Highly family oriented. Generous to family and friends, and I’ll tell you that they take care of their families and extended families in a way which would negate a welfare state in a lot of ways. Generational households and such.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
And I told you that all Latino countries combined are the largest visa over stayers. You seem to want to be pulling the race card here by harping about white Canadians all the time (yes most are white). I also stated that it's not the Canadians who have been a financial burden to us either. But any rate all visa over stayers need to be caught and sent home.

No, these asylum seekers were also offered jobs in Mexico.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...seeking-asylum
Many Hondurans did applied for asylum in Mexico, most didn't because the offer was to stay in Mexico's two poorest state.

The reason I am insisting on Canada is because Canada has a poplulation of 37 millions, Latin America has 20 countries and 13(American and European) territories with almost 700 millions, Brazil is the largest one. Your comparison is ridiculous.

Old 10-20-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Many Hondurans did applied for asylum in Mexico, most didn't because the offer was to stay in Mexico's two poorest state.

The reason I am insisting on Canada is because Canada has a poplulation of 37 millions, Latin America has 20 countries and 13(American and European) territories with almost 700 millions, Brazil is the largest one. Your comparison is ridiculous.
No, yours is. Do I have to explain it all to you again? Yeah, the Hondurans and most of the others had their eye on the U.S. freebies that Mexico wouldn't offer them. Wanting a job is not reason to claim asylum in the U.S. either.

Old 10-20-2019, 03:29 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I have a Latina waiting for me ON my bed

Seriously. Get into some Hispanic culture. It’s pretty bomb. Good parties, sexy women, lots of alcohol and always more good food than you can actually eat. Highly family oriented. Generous to family and friends, and I’ll tell you that they take care of their families and extended families in a way which would negate a welfare state in a lot of ways. Generational households and such.
Filipina in my bed. Everything else you described is about the same.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
No, yours is. Do I have to explain it all to you again? Yeah, the Hondurans and most of the others had their eye on the U.S. freebies that Mexico wouldn't offer them. Wanting a job is not reason to claim asylum in the U.S. either.
I am not making any comparison at all, you are making a very ridiculous one by comparing one country to Central American, the Caribbean and South America as one whole.

I am not defending Illegal immigrants either, whether they are tourists or sneaking through the border with whatever excuse. My point is that there are all sort of people illegal in the US not just poor people from Central America and Mexico. For example, students visa overstays are huge.

Mexico has free universities and healthcare. Poor people want to move to the US to send money back to their families. This is a side effect of current financial and trade policy, this is the part you cannot begin to understand. So you can just spread non sense.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I am not making any comparison at all, you are making a very ridiculous one by comparing one country to Central American, the Caribbean and South America as one whole.

I am not defending Illegal immigrants either, whether they are tourists or sneaking through the border with whatever excuse. My point is that there are all sort of people illegal in the US not just poor people from Central America and Mexico. For example, students visa overstays are huge.

Mexico has free universities and healthcare. Poor people want to move to the US to send money back to their families. This is a side effect of current financial and trade policy, this is the part you cannot begin to understand. So you can just spread non sense.
I am comparing sheer numbers by ethnic group so no I'm not being ridiculous. Latino countries combined also make up the largest number of visa over stayers. Most Canadians here illegally are visa over stayers not border jumpers where we have no idea who they are or what their intents are. Most Canadians aren't here stealing jobs from Americans either. If you can't tell the difference then I can't help you. I never said that there weren't all sorts of people here illegally in the U.S. either. I never said that it was only poor people from south of our border either. I only said the vast majority of them are and that's just a fact! In fact Latinos make up 80% of the illegals in our country.

I suggest you stop blaming the U.S. as justification for illegal aliens from south of our border to come here also. They have been coming here for decades now. Why didn't they accept a job in Mexico that was offered to them so they could send money back to their families? Americans have families to feed also and how are they to do that when illegal aliens take their jobs by working for less? You are the one spreading nonsense looking for everyone to blame but the illegals themselves. By the way, understanding something does not equate to accepting it or objecting to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies