Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 02:32 PM

3,804 posts, read 4,018,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I don't think there's a single democrat anywhere who wants Hillary to run again. It is 100% Trumpling fantasy.
She probably will.......she just can't help herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 02:33 PM

38,981 posts, read 50,929,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I'm no fan of how Trump carries himself either, but I don't think those three states would have went to just any ol' republican.
Trump definitely got a strong turnout and cut into the Dems territory, but had Dems come out in anything like the numbers they did for Obama in those states, Clinton would be president today. That is instructive. The Dems need someone who can excite their voters yet not turn off the mainstream too much. I don't know if any of them on that debate stage fit the bill.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:15 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,648,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
it is because Trump won, not that Clinton lost.

What you and many others seem to not understand is that these statements are the same thing.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:20 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,688,291 times
Clinton wasn't my first choice, but she won the primary and Trump was obviously not going to get my vote, so... that's about it. If she ran again and got the nomination, I'd end up voting for her over Trump again, but I hope she doesn't.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:26 PM

10,435 posts, read 7,537,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
That being the case, then why are they still carrying such a grudge because Hillary lost that election?
Bob.
I don't see the grudge you speak of, Bob. OTOH, the fact that Trump actually lost the popular vote still seems to be bothering him. He'd really like that to not happen again.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:34 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,734,281 times
Quote:
Most, if not all dems are really pissed that Hillary lost in 2016.
That being the case, why didn't they insist she run to see if the outcome would be different for 2020?
Most dems stated the election was stolen out from under her.
Many in that party feel she ran a bad campaign, and has to much baggage to enter the 2020 race.
That being the case, then why are they still carrying such a grudge because Hillary lost that election?
If she is now , so unimportant to the dems, why don't they just forget the election of 2016, and get over all this hatred?

Name me one dem that is not angry about the 2016 election, and has no hate and disgust for the current resident in the white house.

It's like a football game, when one play is questioned, and in the instant playback, it looks like the play should have been scuttled, and replayed.
The dems are crying foul,but won't have a replay to even the score.

Bob.
I was not angry about the 2016 outcome and was willing to give Trump a chance but then it became apparent that he was totally incompetent. My desire to have Trump removed has nothing to do with 2016, it has to do with restoring this country to being respected by the world. I will even take Pence over Trump and in fact that is who will be our President once Trump is impeached.

As far as why Hillary doesn't run in 2020 - ask her. She never threw her hat in the ring. If she did run, I would consider her as a candidate just as I consider all the others. Hillary holds no special place for me or any other Democrat that I know so I would not anoint her as the nominee for 2020. The only thing I can say is that I would prefer Hillary over Warren but not over Buttigieg.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:38 PM

25,406 posts, read 9,693,565 times
Quote:
Most, if not all dems are really pissed that Hillary lost in 2016.
That being the case, why didn't they insist she run to see if the outcome would be different for 2020?
Most dems stated the election was stolen out from under her.
Many in that party feel she ran a bad campaign, and has to much baggage to enter the 2020 race.
If she is now , so unimportant to the dems, why don't they just forget the election of 2016, and get over all this hatred?

Name me one dem that is not angry about the 2016 election, and has no hate and disgust for the current resident in the white house.

It's like a football game, when one play is questioned, and in the instant playback, it looks like the play should have been scuttled, and replayed.
The dems are crying foul,but won't have a replay to even the score.

Bob.
I have no idea who the Dem candidate will be. I just know they'll have my vote. Definitely don't want it to be Hillary. I had no idea in 2016 that things would ever get this bad. Like many I thought, yeah, we have the three co-equal branches of government. Then slowly but surely I watched while the GOP leadership sat around with their thumbs up their asses, and allowed Trump to spit all over the Constitution. FINALLY, the Dems got a clue and started this impeachment inquiry. I had almost lost all hope.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:40 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I'm pretty certain it's not Trump supporters complaining about the 2016 election other than to point out the fact they won the election when faced with the daily bombardment of anti-Trump rhetoric.
Perhaps it's not the run-of-the-mill democrats complaining, but somebody seriously needs to inform the national press and the entire entertainment industry that you guys have moved on.
Oh, please, we all know Trump won because that's all his supporters can talk about here. If you criticize Trump for any reason, it's because you are "butthurt" that Clinton lost. If you spend any time here you will have seen that response again and again and again.

The media is reporting on this train wreck of a presidency. They, too, are not focusing on 2016, they are focusing on the current resident of the White House what he is doing in office. I can see how that would make Trump supporters angry, as the news coming out of this administration is one bad thing after another, and a majority of the population now wants him removed from office. But don't blame the media for that, blame the idiot president who got us here.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:41 PM

25,406 posts, read 9,693,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Clinton wasn't my first choice, but she won the primary and Trump was obviously not going to get my vote, so... that's about it. If she ran again and got the nomination, I'd end up voting for her over Trump again, but I hope she doesn't.
I don't think she would get the nomination this time around.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:43 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,720,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
What you and many others seem to not understand is that these statements are the same thing.
Not really. Most dems would have just as much disdain for Trump if he had beaten Sanders.

It seems like many righties want to have it both ways. They point out how few people buy Clinton's books or go to her speeches, then claim that the left as a whole is in love with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies