Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 10:41 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Good. Nobody wants your Christian belief chicken sandwich wackiness.

Europeans are pretty smart to these religious platforms.
The only reason people know about their viewpoints is because people who DON'T like them point them out. CFA isn't an in your face company.

And they will serve ANYONE who walks through the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 10:56 AM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The only reason people know about their viewpoints is because people who DON'T like them point them out. CFA isn't an in your face company.

And they will serve ANYONE who walks through the door.
I agree to a certain extent.

Let's take another conservative food chain in comparison.

Domino's Pizza.

No problems (even in the UK)... why?

Because the chain itself doesn't fund nor support politics on either side.

Their founders, using their own personal wealth, absolutely do support conservative platforms including anti-abortion and pro-life platforms. They seem very careful about keeping it discreetly separate from their business dealings. Yes.. their choice (am all for that) but it is a contrast difference between how CFA chooses to fund its political conservative actions.

As someone already pointed out, CFA's success in certain areas is in part of their politics. Take the bad with the good in that business decision.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I agree to a certain extent.

Let's take another conservative food chain in comparison.

Domino's Pizza.

No problems (even in the UK)... why?

Because the chain itself doesn't fund nor support politics on either side.

Their founders, using their own personal wealth, absolutely do support conservative platforms including anti-abortion and pro-life platforms. They seem very careful about keeping it discreetly separate from their business dealings. Yes.. their choice (am all for that) but it is a contrast difference between how CFA chooses to fund its political conservative actions.

As someone already pointed out, CFA's success in certain areas is in part of their politics. Take the bad with the good in that business decision.
CFA is closed on Sundays.

If Domino's was closed on Sundays, I'd expect the same exact response from those who are protesting CFA (to be targeting Domino's).

Old 10-20-2019, 12:04 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
CFA is closed on Sundays.

If Domino's was closed on Sundays, I'd expect the same exact response.
Perhaps....

Up here, there are many businesses that are closed on Sundays as well as whole areas that abide by blue laws. I personally don't have a problem with it... religious reasons or not.

I am not convinced that people assume that being closed on Sundays equates to political/religious activism.... I've never seen it but that, of course, is anecdotal observation. I'm not religious myself but I also don't find religion nor religious people threatening.

Old 10-20-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Perhaps....

Up here, there are many businesses that are closed on Sundays as well as whole areas that abide by blue laws. I personally don't have a problem with it... religious reasons or not.

I am not convinced that people assume that being closed on Sundays equates to political/religious activism.... I've never seen it but that, of course, is anecdotal observation. I'm not religious myself but I also don't find religion nor religious people threatening.
For a major chain to be closed on a Sunday denotes religion.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:05 PM

1,877 posts, read 677,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And you don't know there wasn't. Maybe you should stop talking about things you know nothing about like operating commercial real estate.
You made the unsubstantiated claim that this was because of government restricting freedom of commerce. If you are making that claim you need to provide some evidence to back it up. If you have none then the claim can readily be dismissed.

A mall operator is not going to want to be boycotted and see protests every day because of one chicken restaurant, they would prefer to just end the lease of the chicken restaurant, no cloak and dagger conspiracy explanation required.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:16 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Don’t LGBT folks eat chickin? I thought they were just like straights except for some things.
Funny thing, the first time I was introduced to Chick Fila, was by a gay co-worker. He's gotten some beef for it from some of his peers, but he likes to say, his stomach is more important than his sexual orientation.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:17 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
You made the unsubstantiated claim that this was because of government restricting freedom of commerce. If you are making that claim you need to provide some evidence to back it up. If you have none then the claim can readily be dismissed.

A mall operator is not going to want to be boycotted and see protests every day because of one chicken restaurant, they would prefer to just end the lease of the chicken restaurant, no cloak and dagger conspiracy explanation required.

I may be wrong in this case. So dismiss away! However, I am in this business and yes governments do pressure private businesses to do stuff. I have no evidence of this. Just speculation on my part from 35 years in the industry.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:40 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
The charities Chick-fil-A supports.

https://www.chick-fil-afoundation.or...a-donate-money

Old 10-20-2019, 08:07 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Good. Nobody wants your Christian belief chicken sandwich wackiness.

Europeans are pretty smart to these religious platforms.
This guy is right about those Christian sandwiches. Chick-fil-A is widely known as being the most effective evangelization tool since Saint Paul wrote his epistles. Merely eating their waffle fries is enough to lead a person to repent of his sins and trust in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. Drinking their lemonade is enough to cause one to accept the historic doctrine of the Holy Trinity. And eating one of their chicken sandwiches leads directly to accepting the doctrine of Christ's sinless birth by the Virgin Mary.

And the fact that they are closed on Sundays forces passersby, even agnostics, to immediately go to their nearest church and beg for forgiveness.

At least, this is how the radical leftists seem to see them. Of course, they hate Christianity with a passion, so it stands to reason that anything with even the slightest connection to the faith will inflame their intolerant anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies