Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will republicans vote to remove Trump?
Yes, they will. 12 8.22%
No, they will not. 115 78.77%
I have no idea! 19 13.01%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 11:08 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Uh, since this is yet another hoax and coup attempt ...
Post fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 11:17 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
No they will not. They are party over law and order.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:26 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
If the Republicans put Country over Party they'll not vote to impeach over this nonsense. Democrats are putting Party over Country(kind of normal for them) by pushing forward with this nonsense.

That said, I don't know... anything is possible. CNN may even tell the truth once before this over.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:33 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Ultimately, I have no idea. I did vote No they won't., or whatever that choice was. The reason is that impeachment is first and foremost a political play. I seriously doubt, because it s political that enough Republicans would vote guilty, just as I doubt that Dems will be 100% for guilt.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Ultimately, I have no idea. I did vote No they won't., or whatever that choice was. The reason is that impeachment is first and foremost a political play. I seriously doubt, because it s political that enough Republicans would vote guilty, just as I doubt that Dems will be 100% for guilt.
I don't know about that. Lindsay Graham, whose head has been so far up Trump's ass it's a wonder he can draw breath, has started hedging his bets and saying that he actually could vote for removal if the right evidence is presented. The Democrats continue to interview major players in this impeachment inquiry and more and more evidence is coming out, which Graham certainly is aware of.

If suck-up Graham is starting to make noises about changing his mind, Trump could be in big trouble.

Old 10-21-2019, 12:06 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I don't know about that. Lindsay Graham, whose head has been so far up Trump's ass it's a wonder he can draw breath, has started hedging his bets and saying that he actually could vote for removal if the right evidence is presented. The Democrats continue to interview major players in this impeachment inquiry and more and more evidence is coming out, which Graham certainly is aware of.

If suck-up Graham is starting to make noises about changing his mind, Trump could be in big trouble.
Suck-up Graham may be privy to the private polling.

I agree that it could be a bad sign for Trump should Graham rediscover his spine.

Old 10-21-2019, 12:09 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
0%
That's 97% in democrat-speak, considering Hillary Rodham Clinton had a 98% chance of winning the 2016 United States of American Presidential Election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Uh, since this is yet another hoax and coup attempt, there is no chance whatsoever that they will remove Trump. Ultimately, this is already affecting Biden, and Trump is taking his sweet time exposing that the "whistle-blower" had previous ties with Schiff, because this is only helping him. He is laughing at the dems.

As funny as all of this is, I am a bit tired of it. If dems had anything at all, they would be beginning the process. Waiting only gives Trump a chance to raise money and get his narrative out there. So its time to call "put up or shut up."
Post fail.
Correction...

Thread fail... POLL Fail!

Or as they say on Wallstreet...

Readem and weep!

91-8

Old 10-21-2019, 12:36 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Removed for what? Talk about trolling!
We know WHY he must be removed - Al Green (rep from Texas) told us. "We have to remove Trump because he will be re-elected in 2020".

As for Chris Wallace and his "well connected Republican source" - we probably know who that is also.
Pierre Deflecto (a.k.a Mitt Romney)
https://twitter.com/greta/status/1186044574269132802

Will the Senate vote to Impeach a President who is up for re-election?
Are they really willing to do that over a phony Super Secret NO VOTE 'impeachment' against over 60 Million people who actually DID VOTE?

I'm pretty doubtful

Old 10-21-2019, 01:04 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
We know WHY he must be removed - Al Green (rep from Texas) told us. "We have to remove Trump because he will be re-elected in 2020".

As for Chris Wallace and his "well connected Republican source" - we probably know who that is also.
Pierre Deflecto (a.k.a Mitt Romney)
https://twitter.com/greta/status/1186044574269132802

Will the Senate vote to Impeach a President who is up for re-election?
Are they really willing to do that over a phony Super Secret NO VOTE 'impeachment' against over 60 Million people who actually DID VOTE?

I'm pretty doubtful
If the Senate finds the evidence of high Crimes and misdemeanors, they have no choice but to vote for impeachment.
The constitution say's it's their job to perform congressional oversight of the executive branch.

Hamilton’s Federalist 65 and Federalist 66 constitute the single most complete and insightful discussion of the constitutional power of impeachment we have.

Old 10-21-2019, 01:14 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If the Senate finds the evidence of high Crimes and misdemeanors, they have no choice but to vote for impeachment.
The constitution say's it's their job to perform congressional oversight of the executive branch.

Hamilton’s Federalist 65 and Federalist 66 constitute the single most complete and insightful discussion of the constitutional power of impeachment we have.
This is true.

But the founding fathers dreaded the thought that political parties would rise. Neither of the two giant parties we have today even existed then.

The problem is clearly that some people put party loyalty above country. They will vote to protect the party over and against protecting the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies