Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 08:52 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Could you accept a public option that would compete with health insurance companies?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 10:34 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
We have made many services monopolies. Look at cable and internet. They are largely regional monopolies.
then why not look at healthcare that way....

6 regions: north east..southeast...midnorth...mid south...north west...and south west

M4A will be a disaster ..... what we should be looking at is UBI.... give the people the FREEDOM to use that UBI for low cost HI, or low cost education, or low cost daycare

think about it.... an INDIVIDUAL gets 1k/month...that could easily take care of HI premium and tuition/student loans

Old 10-23-2019, 10:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Could you accept a public option that would compete with health insurance companies?
no...I have personally dealt with the dept of health horror clinics and the VA....no thank you...keep the government out of my body

Old 10-23-2019, 10:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
The problem with a public option is that because it has taxoayer funds to back it up (like Medicare), the liberals could artificially lower the costs (making up the difference with taxpayer money) to bankrupt private insurance. Then once they've destroyed private competition, they effectively have their single payer.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:47 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
then why not look at healthcare that way....

6 regions: north east..southeast...midnorth...mid south...north west...and south west

M4A will be a disaster ..... what we should be looking at is UBI.... give the people the FREEDOM to use that UBI for low cost HI, or low cost education, or low cost daycare

think about it.... an INDIVIDUAL gets 1k/month...that could easily take care of HI premium and tuition/student loans
The problem with that is that many poor people - not all, but many - are poor because of the poor decisions they've made in life. Who is to say they will use that $1k responsibly? Many have already shown that don't make prudent choices.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:54 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Well this is the way I look at it. The rich will always have great health care. So even if we all were on Medicare the rich will still get the best health care. They can afford the best doctors. No waiting in line for them. In the meantime what happens to the rest of us? I love my health care. I love my doctor. I love that I don't have to wait 4 hours at a doctors office. I am very happy with what I have. I do not want to change.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:21 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The problem with a public option is that because it has taxoayer funds to back it up (like Medicare), the liberals could artificially lower the costs (making up the difference with taxpayer money) to bankrupt private insurance. Then once they've destroyed private competition, they effectively have their single payer.
If private insurance is so great and wonderful, more people would choose it don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies