Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 11:43 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Because it's so one-sided which would become abundantly clear if it were actually written down in black and white with all its TBD blank spaces included. Ask any divorced man who's learned the hard way.

Smart men don't get married in the U.S. or Europe until they're too old for it to matter anymore.
How is it one sided.
You are really vague. You suggest a written contract, what would it say?

Old 10-25-2019, 11:48 AM

2,264 posts, read 971,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How is it one sided.
You are really vague. You suggest a written contract, what would it say?
Hand waving . . . .

Old 10-25-2019, 11:52 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,239,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Except women don't want to escape. Even when they leave, they ultimately go back.
Ignorance helps no one.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...she-just-leave
https://www.domesticshelters.org/art...she-just-leave
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/8-ste...why-_b_9143360

Old 10-25-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

That's sound advice, but nothing in this world is black and white. People change and nothing can prepare you for that. A person who is mentally or physically healthy at age 25 may not be mentally or physically healthy at age 40 or 50. I could cite you a dozen examples of a "stable" and/or "responsible" spouse coming home one day and declaring s/he doesn't want to be married anymore, or a spouse becoming violent in an previously harmonious relationship. It's happened to friends after one year of marriage, and after 20 or more years of marriage.
Well of course but if you begin on equal footing if the marriage goes south and divorce is eminent one wont being paying years of alimony, both will have invested in assets, both will have contributed to parenting so shared custody-no CS. I'm not saying it will guarantee no divorce or that circumstances wont change.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Hand waving . . . .
when you cant answer a simple question about a concept you initiated we know we are being scammed.
You keep saying marriage is one sided and there should be a clear written contract but you can't say how marriage is one sided or what that contract should stipulate.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
when you cant answer a simple question about a concept you initiated we know we are being scammed.
You keep saying marriage is one sided and there should be a clear written contract but you can't say how marriage is one sided or what that contract should stipulate.
Frantic arm waving . . . .

Asking what should be in a contract isn't a serious question. It's an evasion.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Frantic arm waving . . . .

Asking what should be in a contract isn't a serious question. It's an evasion.
Talk about evasion. You are the one touting there should be a marriage contract written out clearly in black and white because marriage is one sided?
So what is this marriage contract?
Put up or shut up.

Let me guess. If a woman files for divorce the man gets everything and she is out in the cold.

You do realize people do write marriage contracts they are called a prenuptial.

Old 10-25-2019, 12:49 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Maybe the common Latin/Mediterranean heritage
Maybe. But this kind of behavior happens in other places. Domestic violence is a big problem in Russia as well.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:06 PM

CAR DEALER: Do you love this car or not?

CUSTOMER; Yes.

CAR DEALER; Then why do you want a sales contract?

CUSTOMER: So I know what all the terms and legalities are.

CAR DEALER: Everybody knows what the terms and legalities are. You're just being difficult.

CUSTOMER: I'm not being difficult. I just want all the terms in black and white so there aren't any nasty surprises down the road.

CAR DEALER: You tell me what should be in the contract then.

CUSTOMER: All the important terms and conditions. What happens in the case of a default on the loan or if the car has problems while under warranty. Things like that. Contracts are written up all the time. I'm not a lawyer but it's not like I'm asking for the moon here.

CAR DEALER: We don't do banalities like sales contracts. We can perform a nice little ceremony though where we promise that we'll both be happy with your new car purchase until death do us part.

Old 10-25-2019, 01:13 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
You keep claiming marriage is some sort of business deal, but it is not. It may still be in rural India, but not in the West where people get married because they love each other and believe they will be happy together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies