Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 03:53 PM

2,180 posts, read 639,843 times

Advertisements

I don't think Americans would vote for a gay president yet. But, who knows. (I actually think the largely black democratic bases in southern states will block his nomination anyway).

Mayor Pete would actually rank at or very near the top of world leaders by measures of intellect, education, family stability.

I'm not sure that him being gay would matter too much to other world leaders, since he did actually serve in the military. Compare his military experience to that of the last few presidents. The Europeans certainly wouldn't care. The Chinese and Russians might snicker, and nobody else is really important enough for an opinion.

Personally, if he's going to be a ***** on immigration, though, and embraces identity politics, I won't vote for him. Maybe if a Republican Congress is a sure-thing. The far left agenda is too pervasive in the Democratic platform right now for me to trust them.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:54 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times
Not a democrat but yes, it would be a true sign of awesomeness if we had a gay president.

The fact that he even has a shot at all shows the progress we've made as a nation.

People are gay, GTF over it.

Big difference between gay guys like Pete and the ones who are at gay bars 7 nights a week.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:56 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Not a democrat but yes, it would be a true sign of awesomeness if we had a gay president.

The fact that he even has a shot at all shows the progress we've made as a nation.

People are gay, GTF over it.

Big difference between gay guys like Pete and the ones who are at gay bars 7 nights a week.
As opposed to the straight ones at the bars 7 nights a week?

Old 10-21-2019, 03:58 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
OP - Where's the poll that your thread title mentions?

As for Mayor Pete, who he sleeps with is no concern of mine - his stated positions are the issue.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:59 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,650,631 times
While the Republicans seem to try to get as far to right of Genghis Khan and Benito Mussolini as they can, we have been only offered Democrats that in previous era would been considered moderate Republicans.

So sorry Democrats, you want my vote, you nominate a true progressive. Otherwise live with more Trump. I am not voting for more "moderate" do-nothings that dont represent me in slightest. We havent been offered a true progressive in decades. Just ever more moderates in hopes of attracting Republicans, while Republicans move ever further right. They simply wont vote for a Democrat, even if he did exactly what they want, so why worry about appeasing them? They sure arent trying to appease progressives. Let them waste away in their far right authoritarian corner.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:01 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
To have the first Gay couple. I’m sure Pete is a nice guy but god forbid if he ever won the presidency. The world would really Think America has become dysfunctional!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/4025797002/
The irony is killing me. A Trump supporter who is worried that "the world would really Think America has become dysfunctional." We have a president who abandons allies such as the Kurds and consistently insults the allies he doesn't abandon like Angela Merkel in Germany or Emmanuel Macron in France. Trump tweets that he is "in love" with Korea's ruthless dictator Kim Jong Un and stands before the world and states that he believes Russia's Vladimir Putin over our own law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Everyday that Trump is in office he gives Americans yet one more thing to cringe about.

Buttigieg is highly intelligent, has many great ideas, and has served in the military in Iraq. So what if he's gay? BFD. If Mayor Pete wins the nomination, he will make mincemeat of President Bone Spurs in short order. I for one hope that Buttigieg wins and wins bigly!

Old 10-21-2019, 04:02 PM

1,768 posts, read 714,883 times
I don't care about who he sleeps with.
His policies suck.
He acts like he is on a moral high horse. These are the type of people to watch out for.....who cares if it is unconstitutional - it's the right thing to do!!!!

Even FDR (maybe the most popular democrat president ever) got rebuked strongly when he tried to pack the courts - and this guy wants to do it to "fix" the supreme court.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:03 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Buttigieg is highly intelligent, has many great ideas, and has served in the military in Iraq. So what if he's gay? BFD. If Mayor Pete wins the nomination, he will make mincemeat of President Bone Spurs in short order. I for one hope that Buttigieg wins and wins bigly!
That's what matters to Republicans.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:04 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,236 times
Quote:
We have a president who abandons allies such as the Kurds
Since you’re so brave Rambo why don’t you volunteer to help the Kurds instead of sending sons and daughters of other families!

Old 10-21-2019, 04:05 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
As opposed to the straight ones at the bars 7 nights a week?
I'm gay. Trust me, there is a HUGGGGGGE difference between normal guys like Pete, and myself and my husband, and the frollicky trash that has to make spectacles of themselves. The people who have lives and careers and don't care about what filth drag queen is performing on Friday night lol.

Gay people in general aren't great people, it's just how it is. Many are backstabbers, liars, drug addicts, you name it.

I have zero gay people in my life other than my husband, by choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies