Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump read the Constitution?
Yes, he read it. 34 21.12%
No, he didn’t read it. 127 78.88%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2019, 06:19 PM

1,991 posts, read 891,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I really have felt that the two sides differ in the following way. Conservatives believe its most important what a person DOES over what they SAY. Liberals are concerned mostly about what you SAY over what you DO. As long as you say and praise all the liberal causes you are free to do what you wish. Like Al Gore mr. environment who flies in private planes and lives in huge mansions.
What you posted makes no sense as long Trump is the leader of your movement.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:23 PM

33,511 posts, read 18,013,010 times
When you said read it , one can read some of it and can say they read it.. but who can say they read every article , ever word. Have any of you posting read every word ?

https://constitutionus.com/

Old 10-21-2019, 06:25 PM

33,511 posts, read 18,013,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Hate Obama all you want, but the man not only read the Constitution, he probably dreamed about it every night. He was a Constitutional law professor, after all

He read it and used it as toilet paper. He hates America and said he is not impressed with the Constitution. Of course. Obama is a Communist. Obama spoke as a world leader not for the United States which he put down constantly.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:26 PM

17,159 posts, read 12,004,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
When you said read it , one can read some of it and can say they read it.. but who can say they read every article , ever word. Have any of you posting read every word ?

Pretty hard to get through school without reading all of it and having class lectures on each part. Suppose a D student could have squeaked by.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:42 PM

35,382 posts, read 20,756,414 times
Quote:
I know what Obama read.. the same book Hillary read. Rules for Radicals.
You know Obama was an attorney say what you may. He studied the constitution. But the thread is about mrT - let’s stick to that.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:43 PM

8,286 posts, read 3,762,652 times
Quote:

I've read every word. Over and Over. The first time, was quite some time ago, in elementary school. For those of us who received an education in the United States, it was required reading as part of a solid curriculum. Multiple examinations would prove our knowledge of it.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,846,286 times
Quote:
I really have felt that the two sides differ in the following way. Conservatives believe its most important what a person DOES over what they SAY. Liberals are concerned mostly about what you SAY over what you DO. As long as you say and praise all the liberal causes you are free to do what you wish. Like Al Gore mr. environment who flies in private planes and lives in huge mansions.

Have you read/heard what Trump has said?

And you feel that what he has said has integrity?

If you truly believe what a politician says is important...do you believe they need to speak the truth or just say what you want to hear?

If I say to you that the world is flat -- and that's what you want to believe you think that is a statement of integrity?

Old 10-21-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I've read every word. Over and Over. The first time, was quite some time ago, in elementary school. For those of us who received an education in the United States, it was required reading as part of a solid curriculum. Multiple examinations would prove our knowledge of it.
My son is 31 years old -- became a citizen at 29. CAnadian who moved here when he was 10.

He can discuss The Constitution and its amendments better than 99.9 per cent of his American peers.

I appreciate you have read it
I appreciate you are a lawyer and it is in your DNA (LOL) to appreciate it.

But my son has had some interesting discussions with life long Americans who don't have a clue.

I know this PResident doesn't understand, know and probably hasn't read The Constitution. Today he basically said he didn't. He does'nt understand why he just can't do what he wants. Constitution be damned

Old 10-21-2019, 06:53 PM

2,264 posts, read 961,308 times
You don't really need to know what the Constitution says if you're a proponent of the "Living Constitution."

Quote:
While the arguments for the Living Constitution vary, they can generally be broken into two categories. First, the pragmatist view contends that interpreting the Constitution in accordance with its original meaning or intent is sometimes unacceptable as a policy matter, and thus that an evolving interpretation is necessary. The second, relating to intent, contends that the constitutional framers specifically wrote the Constitution in broad and flexible terms to create such a dynamic, "living" document. Opponents of the idea often argue that the Constitution should be changed through the amendment process, and that allowing judges to determine an ever-changing meaning of the constitution undermines democracy, etc.
All you need is a judicial Ouija board so you can contact its spirit and divine its intent.

Last edited by mathlete; 10-21-2019 at 07:01 PM..

Old 10-21-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
This is absolutely the best spin on Trump EVER. You win. Apply for a job at The White House

Tell me what Trump has done that you think is so amazing.

Please don't tell me the stock market but he has done nothing for it. It thrives in spite of him and might have done way more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.