Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 07:25 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I watch The View and would never worry about what they said on the View.

Seriously -- what does it matter. They have the same job Tucker Carlson, Don Lemon and Rachel Maddow have.......

Why would you pay them any mind -- lol
No they aren't even journalists

Old 10-21-2019, 07:26 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
What does it tell you about Tulsi Gabbard that her support is coming primarily from Republicans and Russian troll farms rather than Democrats? Answer: people recognize that her candidacy is better for Republicans and Russians than it is for the Democrats.

Meanwhile, Russian TV presenters close to Putin are open touting her candidacy. Again, what does this tell you?

Old 10-21-2019, 07:27 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
George Washington, Russian asset:

-- Farewell Address to the Nation, 1796
Phenomenal, Mr. Washington phrased it better than I could ever dream of doing.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:27 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's always been the American way hasn't it -- or that's what it seems to outsiders (yes I'm an American now but only for 11 years --- and came to it late in life)
Depends upon the depth in which on reads history and then compares to other countries and their ABILITY to translate intent to action being a key consideration.

Frankly, almost every country has a dismal track record on intent....with the difference being who actually had the power to act successfully upon such intent.

This is not a defense for the US or any other country, just a sad realization if you learn enough and really look around.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:29 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
What does it tell you about Tulsi Gabbard that her support is coming primarily from Republicans and Russian troll farms rather than Democrats? Answer: people recognize that her candidacy is better for Republicans and Russians than it is for the Democrats.

Meanwhile, Russian TV presenters close to Putin are open touting her candidacy. Again, what does this tell you?
I'm not a republican nor am I from a Russian troll farm.

Look at the issues at hand and the powers that want to control the debate, not just some imaginary messenger you have created.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:30 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm not a republican nor am I from a Russian troll farm.

Look at the issues at hand and the powers that want to control the debate, not just some imaginary messenger you have created.
Consider the source and move on.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:33 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post

Yes, that certainly explains everything. Even democrats can now in an instant morph into Russia agents if they get cross with the establishment.

Kinda makes the whole Russian agent thing seem....oh contrived?

But never mind, we can't trust a racist such as yourself.

You don't recall? The Clintons and their supporters were called racist repeatedly in 2008 and here the racists are again defending her.

I mean personally I thought it was stupid political hacking but I guess you have shown me in your infinite wisdom that if everyone can be a Russian troll or agent then well gee golly....I suppose you can be a racist Hillary defender.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:42 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
No they aren't even journalists
No one I listed is a journalist

Old 10-21-2019, 07:43 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Kinda makes the whole Russian agent thing seem....oh contrived?
Gabbard's been given multiple opportunities to criticize Assad for using chemical weapons and for bombing hospitals. She won't do it. Kinda like how Trump won't criticize Putin either.

Does that make them Russian agents? I don't know, I'd like more evidence. But both of them have odd alignments with Russian interests that need... more explanation, and in Trump's case, more investigation.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:43 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times
The View is establishment propaganda just like anything else on the mainstream airwaves. 99.9% of people that religiously watch The View suck up the drivel and thirst for more. The best depiction of The View that I have seen came from this satirical clip from Mad TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8-RGQUAdno
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies