Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2019, 06:40 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post

I think that Liberals have good intentions and want to make the world a better place and try to encompass everyone's feelings, however, many of their good intentions have negative outcomes that create a whole new whirlwind of problems. Conservative's on the other hand may not have the softest approach to dealing with issues, however, they do what needs to be done, leaving feelings aside.
There are Moderates in both parties - not only Liberal Democrats or Conservative Republicans. The Moderates make up a large percentage of each party. These Moderates aren't as extreme left or extreme right.

Also in the country we have the growing number of Independent and non-party-affiliated voters which aren't R or D. This is the fastest growing group of voters.

Lots of folks in the middle(moderate) and some lean right or left, but still more in the middle.

For example, I am a moderate Democrat and I don't want illegals to enter the country. However, I am against the wall because it's old technology and can easily be breached. Since most illegals enter for work, the wisest option (and best bang for the buck for taxpayers) is to enact E-Verify nationally and make it better if there are loopholes in it. IMO, this will stop more illegals than a wall and will keep them out, as they won't have jobs. And it will cost the taxpayers less money AND can be implemented much faster than a wall. Moderation.

I also am a moderate Democrat that supports gun ownership. However, I realize that some of these crazies that are doing mass shootings with assault style rifles can be slowed down by implementing some tiny gun control laws that won't stop them all, but will stop some of them. For example, the gun show loophole and put some age limits or other limits on assault rifles.And better controls on the mentally ill who still get their hands on guns/rifles, just like the Parkland Shooter did, legally.

Moderation. Not hard left all the time in beliefs, not hard right all the time in beliefs. Lots of voters like this.

Last edited by sware2cod; 10-24-2019 at 06:57 AM..

Old 10-24-2019, 06:47 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,909,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Growing up I was much more liberal, but as I adventured out into the world on my own, I got a taste for reality and slowly realized that my views were falling more in line with Conservative's. I found that if you base your world knowledge on the nightly news, you have a very skewed vision of the world because they takes bits and pieces of facts to make an alternate reality. If I had not moved out of my home town and seen the world with my own eyes, my guess is that I would still have a Liberal mindset.

I think that Liberals have good intentions and want to make the world a better place and try to encompass everyone's feelings, however, many of their good intentions have negative outcomes that create a whole new whirlwind of problems. Conservative's on the other hand may not have the softest approach to dealing with issues, however, they do what needs to be done, leaving feelings aside.

"Leaving feelings aside" is not a way to run a life or a country.

Old 10-24-2019, 06:51 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
I was liberal when I was young and more so now that I am older. I wish to emulate Jane Fonda...and I don't only mean her social and moral and political activism

Old 10-24-2019, 06:53 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
"Leaving feelings aside" is not a way to run a life or a country.
Exactly, we are humans, not "the Borg"

Old 10-24-2019, 07:32 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont know why people think Churchill actually said this.

When Churchill was 40, He was a Liberal Party member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

- Winston Churchill
Silly quote. Actually conservatives donate more to charity than liberals.

Here is a left-wingers saying that much: https://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/o...21kristof.html

Moreover, 7 of the wealthiest 10 members of Congress are liberals.

So sad that Americas are so stupid we can't even see through the lies we are fed every day - "liberals have a heart, conservatives are heartless" nonsense.

It's just projection. Liberals are actually far less empathetic than conservatives.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:33 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
To you
To the moral people.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:38 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Silly quote. Actually conservatives donate more to charity than liberals.

Here is a left-wingers saying that much: https://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/o...21kristof.html

Moreover, 7 of the wealthiest 10 members of Congress are liberals.

So sad that Americas are so stupid we can't even see through the lies we are fed every day - "liberals have a heart, conservatives are heartless" nonsense.

It's just projection. Liberals are actually far less empathetic than conservatives.
Republicans also pay far more taxes than Democrats.

https://books.google.com/books?dq=de...0taxes&f=false

Old 10-24-2019, 07:39 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
Despite all the hand-ringing about people purportedly becoming more conservative as they get older, the posters who claim to have done so seem to enthusiastically support a populist party, which is about as far from conservatism as you can get. Weird.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:45 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Despite all the hand-ringing about people purportedly becoming more conservative as they get older, the posters who claim to have done so seem to enthusiastically support a the populist party, which is about as far from conservatism as you can get. Weird.

PERFECT ENDING FOR THIS THREAD!

Old 10-24-2019, 07:46 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The R's have gone right, if you can't see it, it means you're far right or migrated that way with them
from where you sit in your camaro, having veered into a ditch hundreds of miles off the road to the left, it may appear that way. but only to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies