Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 02:06 PM

3,028 posts, read 4,983,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
In 13 years of school, if the only time a black kid sees 'himself' in a text book is when we talk about slavery.....it kind of creates this sense that they don't exist except for within that context.

And we can't imagine how that feels because as white people -- we see ourselves in EVERYTHING.
I'm not White and I've never 'seen' myself in anything growing up. I can tell you how it felt: it wasn't an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 02:18 PM

52,457 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
ad hominem--logical fallacy. We had a thread on this with link to the actual Seattle Public School district write-up of this policy. It was closed for (as usual) inexplicable reasons. Maybe some snowflakes were offended.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...h-seattle.html
yep. just look at this drivel

https://www.k12.wa.us/sites/default/...0Framework.pdf

●SWBAT engage in dialogue and debate (speaking and listening) by justifying their mathematical thinking.
●SWBAT extract mathematical concepts in stories and problems that aren’t traditionally seen as mathematical.
●SWBAT see the mathematical value in making mistakes both as individuals and as a community.
SWBAT explain how math and technology and/or science are connected and how technology and/or science have been and continues to be used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color.
SWBAT critique systems of power that deny access to mathematical knowledge to people and communities of color.
SWBAT identify the inherent inequities of the standardized testing system used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color.
●SWBAT explain how math has been used to exploit natural resources
SWBAT explain how math dictates economic oppression.

[SWBAT = 'students will be able to'. should just replace it with MOONBAT].

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Why are Asians able to excel when there are zero Asian references in Math or Western Lit?
it's quite mysterious, no?..

Old 10-22-2019, 02:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,528,391 times
Quote:
SWBAT explain how math dictates economic oppression.
So does not teaching math.

EVERYTHING these liberal dopes say and do results in more struggle for minorities.

I swear their sole intention is to keep them oppressed while masquerading as fighting for their rights.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:28 PM

15,722 posts, read 6,430,342 times
I suppose if you are utterly pathetic at math, it can feel oppressive. But otherwise, the only connection it might have with race is the wording of story problems. Pure math at its finest is highly abstract and essentially free of culturalisms.* If you don't believe me, you could always ask John Urschel.

* Except, I suppose, for the occasional use of Greek letters.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:28 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,050,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Math Ethnic Studies

Why do people put up with this leftwing ideological nonsense?

Old 10-22-2019, 02:30 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,050,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Why are Asians able to excel when there are zero Asian references in Math or Western Lit?

I wonder if cognitive differences among racial groups has anything to do with it?

Old 10-22-2019, 02:39 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,288,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

EVERYTHING these liberal dopes say and do results in more struggle for minorities.

I swear their sole intention is to keep them oppressed while masquerading as fighting for their rights.
With all the game that's run in the ghetto it was always a treat for us impoverished darkies to see the white liberal come rolling in selling his wares (government programs, "outreach programs", "non-profits").

I always thought to myself: No wonder the white man has all the money. None of the gangsters around here operate at this level of thievery and deceit.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:44 PM

947 posts, read 1,396,486 times
Inquiring minds want to know: Before advanced math class starts, will Seattle students get a trigger warning or will it be a trigonometry warning? And when they study geometry, will all those triangles and rectangles contain a safe space? And given the last three letters in the word algebra, isn't that a sexist term?

Old 10-22-2019, 02:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,528,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
With all the game that's run in the ghetto it was always a treat for us impoverished darkies to see the white liberal come rolling in selling his wares (government programs, "outreach programs", "non-profits").

I always thought to myself: No wonder the white man has all the money. None of the gangsters around here operate at this level of thievery and deceit.

Ha!! Too street smart to buy the liberals pap, eh? Glad to hear it.

Minorities should just do the opposite of what these dopes are saying should be acceptable / accepted and they'll be successful.

Math is racist? Learn math.

The English language is based on the way white people speak? Learn the English language.

It's perfectly fine to make up names for your children that nobody can pronounce, let alone spell? Don't do that.

It's okay to have several children you can't feed and nobody should judge? Don't do that either.

It's not rocket science....

Old 10-22-2019, 02:47 PM

52,457 posts, read 34,191,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

meanwhile, they will learn absolutely nothing useful. like actual mathematics skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies