Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2019, 02:41 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
well, this morning on my main media news source - the Today Show - they gave it the "we obtained a copy" . .... maybe even "a copy of part of his opening statement."

I feel truly bad for anyone who would say this about themselves and actually be serious about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 02:42 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I feel truly bad for anyone who would say this about themselves and actually be serious about it.
Welcome back, Waldo. You're always such a ray of sunshine....

Old 10-23-2019, 02:45 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
eh, I'm self-employed and out the door from 8-ish until 8-ish. somebody's got to generate the taxes. I read the WSJ, NYT, and some of the local rag online as well. I didn't say I get my opinion from them, just the news I see.

Old 10-23-2019, 02:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking hey n00b...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Still hanging on to that fantasy are ya'. Good for you. Keep hope alive.
Well, well, well...

You're "new" here but act like we've met before.

Maybe we have.

Old 10-23-2019, 02:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
The Supreme Court did not rule on this exact circumstance.

There is a requirement that in order for a matter to proceed, it must have a majority of yea votes.
Three times voted down.

House Committee Heads who are proceeding in violation of an established practice don't have any discretion. That's' why Schiff is now publically being called out on it.

You think the Repubs went into that room today as a lark ?

So bucko, o for 3
As you already know that isn't needed for the inquiry.

Old 10-23-2019, 03:00 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Breaking into a SCIF would get a normal Joe arrested - perhaps even shot, depending on the SCIF.

Let's remember that the next time one of these clownshoes who participated today brings up Hillary's emails.
Anyone who stormed in there today in this stunt should lose any security clearances they have. And yes, I would say the same if Democrats did the same. They have the whole SCIF setup for a reason.

This tweet thread has a good description of why it was bad they violated protocols. https://twitter.com/MiekeEoyang/stat...572125191?s=19

Old 10-23-2019, 03:55 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Please provide the exact quote from Taylor were he said the Ukrainians knew the aid was dependent on opening investigations.

The Ukrainian president said he was not aware the aid was being withheld.
Well this Fox News and Devin Nunes empty talking point defense lasted less than 24 hours before getting blown to smithereens

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/23/u...peachment.html

Old 10-23-2019, 04:02 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I'm pretty sure Congressional representatives have TS clearances and then some, but nice try. Nobody is getting arrested for hearing information they are cleared to hear. Although the Democrats should have their clearances yanked because all they do is leak classified information.
There are both Dems and Reps in these hearings. Those who stormed the hearings are a bunch of snowflakes trying to make their little commander in chief feel better.

Old 10-23-2019, 04:07 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Anyone who stormed in there today in this stunt should lose any security clearances they have. And yes, I would say the same if Democrats did the same. They have the whole SCIF setup for a reason.

This tweet thread has a good description of why it was bad they violated protocols. https://twitter.com/MiekeEoyang/stat...572125191?s=19

Reps to you.

They don't have clearances, per se, but I agree that they should lose all access to classified material above, say, FOUO, for a period of time at least.

Old 10-23-2019, 04:19 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Reps to you.

They don't have clearances, per se, but I agree that they should lose all access to classified material above, say, FOUO, for a period of time at least.
When I was doing contracting work for the gov, if I had busted into a SCIF I wasn't cleared for during a classified meeting I didn't have access to while tweeting about doing so on my cell phone, I would have most likely gone to jail for some period of time, lost my security clearance permanently, and lost my job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies