Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2019, 06:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

arizona-gop-senator-im-being-threatened-for-trying-to-expose-foster-care-systems-links-to-child-sex-trafficking-ring/

Threatened For Trying To Expose Foster Care System’s Links To Child Sex Trafficking Ring
Arizona Sen. David Farnsworth (R-Mesa) accused a fellow colleague of threatening his life for refusing to stop investigating a possible link between missing children in the state’s foster care system and organized sex trafficking.

Turn a blind eye... Nothing to see here folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 06:27 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
https://www.azmirror.com/2019/10/04/...exual-slavery/

I'm not sure what you are suggesting by your thread title. kIt appears that this representative has no actual proof that this is what is going on. He is concerned about the number of foster kids that can't be accounted for, and good for him. But many of these might be runaways, etc. There is apparently nothing to affirmatively indicate foster kids are being sold into slavery.

But to my original point. This does not mean that foster care in general is "the road to sex trafficking." The foster care system needs more resources to be able to perform proper oversight, there is no question. I can think of horror stories from every state in which I have lived where some foster kids have ended up in horrible situations. But the thread title seems to suggest that the entire point of fostrer care is to work as a conduit for sex trafficking, which just isn't the case at all. Like so many unfortunatr situations (bad cops, bad lawyers, etc.) one can't point to a couple of bad apples to prove all the apples are rotten. A lot of foster familes do great work for the right reasons.

And, just as important, what is the alternative? What would you do with kids "in the system?" HOuse them in warehouses under government employee oversight?

Old 10-22-2019, 06:53 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Here’s another link that mentions this legislator has long been associated with conspiracy theories, which may be why Alex Jones chose to focus on this dispute.

https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2019...nators-131533/

Then again, Jones has had a thing for sex trafficking since promoting the lie that was pizzagate.

This legislator however made clear he does not believe the department of child services engages in trafficking and thinks more should be done to allow children to remain with their bio parents.

Perhaps it might be beneficial for him to look at the reasons why a bio parent loses custody to the system, neglect, physical abuse, sexual abuse, addiction, mental illness and incarceration.

Old 10-22-2019, 07:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Statistics are clear; children in foster care are much, much more likely to be sex trafficked.

It's the causation relationship that's not clear at all.

Often when children come into foster care, they've ALREADY been trafficked.

Also, children in foster care run away at a much greater rate than children not in foster care - which often ends in their being trafficked.

Children in foster care are also much more likely to be "looking for love in all the wrong places" so they end up being part of the sex industry.

I would not ever fault CPS for children being sexually trafficked. It's all the peripherals that cause the children to be in foster care to begin with that make them so very vulnerable, before, or during their involvement with state provided care.

Old 10-22-2019, 08:50 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post

I'm not sure what you are suggesting by your thread title. kIt appears that this representative has no actual proof that this is what is going on. He is concerned about the number of foster kids that can't be accounted for, and good for him. But many of these might be runaways, etc. There is apparently nothing to affirmatively indicate foster kids are being sold into slavery.

But to my original point. This does not mean that foster care in general is "the road to sex trafficking." The foster care system needs more resources to be able to perform proper oversight, there is no question. I can think of horror stories from every state in which I have lived where some foster kids have ended up in horrible situations. But the thread title seems to suggest that the entire point of fostrer care is to work as a conduit for sex trafficking, which just isn't the case at all. Like so many unfortunatr situations (bad cops, bad lawyers, etc.) one can't point to a couple of bad apples to prove all the apples are rotten. A lot of foster familes do great work for the right reasons.

And, just as important, what is the alternative? What would you do with kids "in the system?" HOuse them in warehouses under government employee oversight?
But then why will the fellow Senator threaten this Senator, and say her husband will make him stop? That is a pretty odd thing to do in any circumstance.

Old 10-22-2019, 08:53 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post

You can always put them in cages.. then lose track of them.. oh wait..

Old 10-22-2019, 09:39 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
The late Senator, Nancy Schaefer and her husband were murdered in their own home in Georgia 2010 (IIRC) for publically stating this very same thing.

There are ...people... out there that deliberately use CPS as a medium for the sale or purchase of children for sexual use.

The government's own statistics indicate that a child is on average 16 (yes, sixteen) times more likely to suffer sexual abuse at a group home or in foster care than in any other family situation.

CPS is trash juice!

Old 10-22-2019, 10:01 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
This would not surprise me one bit! This is a dirty, evil corrupt industry supplying the HUGE demand for child sex slaves/workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies