Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 04:48 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Ever since I had LASIK surgery, about 15 years ago, I have been 20/20. I think I might need reading glasses pretty soon though, especially when reading in low light.

Thanks for your concern though, Don.
To quote an old Eagles song, "You can see the stars and still not see the light !"

Last edited by don1945; 10-23-2019 at 05:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 04:50 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Again, you and your ilk whined about what bush did for 8 years....which made obama o.k.....think about it...
Stow your canned BS. I did no such thing.

Old 10-23-2019, 04:50 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
To quote an old Eagles song, "You can see the stars but still not see the light !"
“Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places, if you look at it right.”

-Robert Hunter (The Grateful Dead)

Old 10-23-2019, 04:53 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We lived through this for 8 years with obama....suck it up buttercup.....
What did you live through?

Old 10-23-2019, 04:57 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Oh what is Cenk gonna do if Trump wins again? Are they going to cry over at TYT?

Old 10-23-2019, 04:58 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
True Republicans saw through Donald Trump, and realized he was simply pretending to be a Republican to con the less informed, angrier elements within the party. They realize his values are not their values, and that he has caused immense damage to their beloved party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoc7E12q8A

If any segment of our population is able to remove this wart from our government, it will be influential Republicans, like the ones in this video. My hat is off to them for having the courage and integrity to speak out !
Yes—those people are like the “left behind” remnants after the 2nd Coming
They are outside the norms of the current GOP because they are lucid and they do recognize Trump’s danger and his criminal behavior
But they don’t cut any sway with their GOP representatives in Congress any more than I do as a Democratic voter...
The first guy is from Richardson TX—in Dallas metro—
I am in FTW area
There are GOP voters in my neighborhood who think Trump is a bozo
But there are way more who refuse to vote anything but the GOP ticket
And those people likely do too—and keep the legislature GOP and a certain subset of Congressional and Senate reps GOP
Until they are willing to vote for a different PARTY — not just another person for POTUS—Trump stays in power
The GOP reps are afraid of losing their primaries to those even further to the right—
So they have to support Trump
Cruz was almost nipped by Beto
Cornyn likely will win reelection even if Trump goes even more down the drain
Until GOP voters move away from their party entirely the structure will still stand—immoral and definitely not supportive of the rule of law as it applies to presidential conduct

Old 10-23-2019, 04:58 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
A crappy presidency. I'm sure you'll make it.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:00 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
The shame/horror of having a president of African descent—not me but chucksnee—the person you queried—
That is it in a nutshell...

Old 10-23-2019, 05:04 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
To quote an old Eagles song, "You can see the stars but still not see the light !"
Great song for Hillary if she likes the Eagles!

Trump 2020!

Old 10-23-2019, 05:06 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Yes—those people are like the “left behind” remnants after the 2nd Coming
They are outside the norms of the current GOP because they are lucid and they do recognize Trump’s danger and his criminal behavior
But they don’t cut any sway with their GOP representatives in Congress any more than I do as a Democratic voter...
The first guy is from Richardson TX—in Dallas metro—
I am in FTW area
There are GOP voters in my neighborhood who think Trump is a bozo
But there are way more who refuse to vote anything but the GOP ticket
And those people likely do too—and keep the legislature GOP and a certain subset of Congressional and Senate reps GOP
Until they are willing to vote for a different PARTY — not just another person for POTUS—Trump stays in power
The GOP reps are afraid of losing their primaries to those even further to the right—
So they have to support Trump
Cruz was almost nipped by Beto
Cornyn likely will win reelection even if Trump goes even more down the drain
Until GOP voters move away from their party entirely the structure will still stand—immoral and definitely not supportive of the rule of law as it applies to presidential conduct
In other words, they are representing their constituents. The horror.

BTW, Trump is often a Bozo. But a Bozo that promotes policies that I am for, is still better than a Bozo like Biden, that promotes policies that I am against. Or even a non-Bozo that promotes policies that I am against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies