Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2019, 03:53 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times

Advertisements

Don't know why people would argue about Trump on this thread when the topic is civil war.

He may lose the next election, he may have four more years, but either way he is out after that. Anything he does or the Democrats do can be reversed by elections or court cases. There might be short term repercussions by who is in charge but our system is set up so someone in power can't do whatever they want even Beto can say he will come to your door to get your gun but in truth he can't.

Now when the checks and balances of our system break down we can revisit this thread and seriously talk about the possibility of civil war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 03:56 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I'd like to split into two countries. I think I already said this. The place is way too big to manage, way too many people to be able to agree on most things. There are certain states that are red and don't want to be part of the country when it comes to pitching in and sharing so we can have health care for all. They don't want to share anything but they sure will take when others are willing to give.

Ideally, I'd just like New England to join with Canada. We agree on just about everything, we share a history and we nearly share a climate. We're geographically close too. We have a lot more in common with Canada than with a lot of the American south. I think the west coast is too liberal for New England. We are more moderate in comparison with places like California and the other west coast states. I like those states, but we are more like Canada. (And we all make good maple syrup, lol.

Old 10-25-2019, 03:56 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

Now when the checks and balances of our system break down we can revisit this thread and seriously talk about the possibility of civil war.

Right now, the Christian Right is doing everything it can to break down our checks and balances so it can impose it's will by force. What you speak of is currently a very real threat.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:41 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'd like to split into two countries. I think I already said this. The place is way too big to manage, way too many people to be able to agree on most things. There are certain states that are red and don't want to be part of the country when it comes to pitching in and sharing so we can have health care for all. They don't want to share anything but they sure will take when others are willing to give.

Ideally, I'd just like New England to join with Canada. We agree on just about everything, we share a history and we nearly share a climate. We're geographically close too. We have a lot more in common with Canada than with a lot of the American south. I think the west coast is too liberal for New England. We are more moderate in comparison with places like California and the other west coast states. I like those states, but we are more like Canada. (And we all make good maple syrup, lol.
This is becoming a "see something say something" thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwOJlOI1nU

Old 10-25-2019, 04:45 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Right now, the Christian Right is doing everything it can to break down our checks and balances so it can impose it's will by force. What you speak of is currently a very real threat.
You really need to stop projecting your family issues on the rest of the American population. Most of us don't give a damn who you sleep with.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:49 PM

473 posts, read 237,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I have watched videos on what would happen if there was a civil war. We all know who would win. The ones that are armed. Thats why the liberals want to take guns.
If a civil war happens the Republicans will win because we are the most armed and the better armed. Most military Generals and troops would be on our side.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:49 PM

1,110 posts, read 896,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

It would be nice if we could have virtual state citizenship, with those blue state folks living in the red states paying blue taxes (higher of course) but getting blue benefits in return. Same goes for Canada. If things get even worse for Democrats, we could be "virtual Canucks" in place.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:54 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Shores View Post
If a civil war happens the Republicans will win because we are the most armed and the better armed. Most of military Generals and troops would be on our side.
This is the kind of foolishness and dim-witted assumptions that will land you folks in prison or squashed like a bug a couple hours into your precious civil war.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:08 PM

473 posts, read 237,145 times
If a civil war happens Miami would declare its independence as Greater Miami Shores with President Lincoln Diaz-Balart and Vice President Ileana Ros-Lehtinen lol.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:14 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
I would be fine if the SE seceded from the union. I am tired of my tax dollars going there anyway. They can have their own Christian theocracy and no healthcare and basically live like a 3rd world country if they want, and pay for it all themselves.

And you all can keep Moscow Mitch too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies