Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 01:01 PM

1,203 posts, read 667,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There will be no civil war. People are generally too affluent, comfortable, and have too much to lose. If there little bubbles are burst, maybe, but that is a long way off if ever.
ding ding ding. Correct answer. I would also add lazy to that list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 01:29 PM

1,070 posts, read 392,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
And just WHO would you elect other than Trump????
I'd give you a list of 1,000 but I don't have time so I'll just provide one:

any homeless alcoholic drug-using high school dropout whom can't spell his own name.

He'd spend all of his time drinking and using drugs which is far superior to the 99% of wrong terrible inept incompetent things that Trump has done

Old 10-30-2019, 01:34 PM

1,161 posts, read 434,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
Political differences are not just a difference of opinion. Not when the winner gets to force the loser to abide by their rules, at gunpoint and under threat of loss of freedom if necessary. And they don't even have to do it themselves, they sit in the comfort of their homes and send agents of the government to do it for them. Now that is a real p**sy in my opinion.

And I'm not sure how you can call civil war anti-American when that's how this country was founded.

Plenty of people are "threatening" the idea of civil war because the "other side" disagrees with them.

OP said "What do you expect when the radical left is trying to overturn the 2016 election"

So, in 2008 & 2012 the radical right was anti-Obama and claiming voter fraud and calling for his impeachment. In 2016 the radical left is claiming collusion and now Trump is being investigated and may face impeachment. According to OP, this is grounds for "civil war"

The problem with this statement is that the radical right, the radical Trump supporters are a very real thing. If American system decides through trial that Trump should be impeached and removed from office, many of those radicals could be dumb enough to follow his rhetoric and the Civil War nonsense and actually try something. It actually could escalate into some sort of issue just because anti-American sheep who, in this rhetorical case, would be putting party and Trump-Fanboyism over country. And yes, that is incredibly un-American.

Old 10-30-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
How would you evaluate the disciples? None of them were "outstanding" citizens, in fact just the opposite... and Jesus said follow me.

How's that righteous thing working out?
Dave missed my point..

My point is that I'm wondering how very religious people reconcile their 'love' of Trump w Trump's total lack of any semblance of religion other than the Church of Trump whose core belief is "do whatever you want no matter how illegal, how immoral, how many people you screw, as long as it makes you happy and/or $rich"

Mistakes are one thing - core opposite beliefs are totally different

Old 10-30-2019, 01:58 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,867,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Serious Question for ANYONE who would even consider participating in another Civil War.

Before picking up your weapons and go about killing your fellow countrymen, would you stop by a cemetery where soldiers are buried and **** on their graves?
Because, I mean, essentially if you go to ****ing war over a difference of opinion, not only are you a big P**sy, and an anti-American sheep, but you are clearly pissing all over everything who ever fought for this country risked their lives for.

So, would you do it or not?
My below post in no way indicates I'm hoping for violence, quite the contrary I'm hoping the country unifies.

But, you're missing the point. I would argue your post and reasons you state, especially the strawman about the dead solidiers, is EXACTLY why others would justify using force in conflict.

A lot of people I talk to express a sentiment similar to this;
People believe that our republic is being destroyed by power hungry beaurocrats and statists, and that previous generations didn't sacrafice for that, and we owe it to them to be our generations stewards of this great republic and that we can't let their sacrafice be in vain, now we can't be the generation that sees our republic fall.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:10 PM

1,161 posts, read 434,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
My below post in no way indicates I'm hoping for violence, quite the contrary I'm hoping the country unifies.

But, you're missing the point. I would argue your post and reasons you state, especially the strawman about the dead solidiers, is EXACTLY why others would justify using force in conflict.

People believe that our republic is being destroyed by power hungry beaurocrats and statists, and that previous generations didn't sacrafice for that, and we owe it to them to be our generations stewards of this great republic and that we can't let their sacrafice be in vain, now we can't be the generation that sees our republic fall.

I don't think I'm the one missing the point. OP said that he isn't surprised that "7 in 10 say US on the edge of Civil War" because the "radical left" has a problem with Trump as president.

People going to war with one another because of other citizen's freedom of speech and criticism of government is extremely anti-American.

And yes, i'm overstating with the pissing on the soldier's graves part. But I personally say a little prayer and apologize to men & women who have died for this country when I see the way things have turned out. I do not believe that we represent the country they thought they were fighting for. I think if many of them could see into the future and see a country where people are committing mass murders and nothing is being done about it, where many don't have shelter over their heads, some areas you can't drink the water, where partisan politics divides families & communities, etc etc, some of them probably would have just said "what's the use"?

We owe the soldiers who carried this country to be better than we currently are.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:11 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I'm an atheist and I think White American evangelicals are the worst affront to the Christian religion in its entire history. I wouldn't even consider them actual Christians, they are really a new religion which is a syncretism of Racism, American Ultra Nationalism and Protestantism all grossly boiled together.

Its hard to pair the teachings and works of an ancient Canaanite Peacenik with a group of racist, military- worshipping, capitalist, sociopaths and somehow see a connection.
You forgot so many additional talking points. Y'all are slipping. and what about non white evangelicals? what are they?

Old 10-30-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
and what about non white evangelicals? what are they?
All 10 of 'em?

Old 10-30-2019, 02:17 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post

People believe that our republic is being destroyed by power hungry beaurocrats and statists

Well you are on the right track! That's the good news. Where 90% of the people miss the boat is not understanding the bigger picture. So many of us are engineered to think all of our problems stem from Democrat vs. Republican issues and that's where they are misled.

The types of questions you need to research are:

1. Who are these hungry bureaucrats and statists that you describe. Yes they exist but who are they? Big hint: Trump or any POTUS is not the boogeyman. Think bigger. Politicians are just puppets. Who pulls their strings?

2. How do these bureaucrats influence their power over the American people?

3. What are the goals of these bureaucrats that you speak of? Yes they have very finite long range goals.

Most people don't have a clue to these answers and will revert back to robot mode which is: Trump is an evil man. Wrong answer. Again, the answers are much bigger than any President of the US.

So until you can answer these questions, you'll never understand the true nature of power and politics in this country or the world for that matter.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:49 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
All 10 of 'em?
Lol... you know that ain't so. Why make stuff up? Our church family has a campus in a black community.... Belle Glade Florida. In fact, black churches are generally religiously conservative in my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies