Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 06:48 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Clearly they're trying to divert attention from the Trump impeachment.

But I say, let 'em have at it.
That's exactly what this is. Even the Trump crowd knows it LOL.

But as you said, let 'em have at it. I just ask the OP to bump this thread and get back to us when something actually comes of it.

Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 07:31 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Well, it is what it is.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:36 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Let us see what happens.

Say, will the targets of this new criminal investigation be allowed to have attorneys appear in front of the grand jury to question any witnesses? Will the grand jury proceedings be public, transparent?

No and no. That is not how investigations work. Same for the House investigation in closed committee.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:44 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,579 times
Rug roh. Look at the timing Scooby! I see a clue.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:47 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
You have it backwards. Don't you remember Hillary saying "if he gets elected, we're all going to hang", .
I actually don't remember that. I do remember Trump promising to "lock her up", which he never did because after years of investigations and inquiries she has been totally exonerated:

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...-emails-051380

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/u...-benghazi.html

Old 10-25-2019, 08:48 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Let us see what happens.

Say, will the targets of this new criminal investigation be allowed to have attorneys appear in front of the grand jury to question any witnesses? Will the grand jury proceedings be public, transparent?

No and no. That is not how investigations work. Same for the House investigation in closed committee.
Grand Juries issue Subpoenas ..... Adam Schiff and the House Dems issue unenforceable Letters that have zero to do with any court and can't be enforced by any court (or argued against) - But you already knew that.

What's your best guess Legal Eagle -- Will Barr & Durham convene a Regular Grand Jury OR a Special Grand Jury? (I'm assuming you know the differences and the Statues).

Old 10-25-2019, 08:51 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Oh dang! Bust out the popcorn!

The Mueller hoax has come full circle.

Brennan, Clapper, Comey and some of the Mueller team gotta be sweating heavily and sh*tting their pants about now.

This is gonna be fascinating as hell to watch go down.
Mueller pointedly said that his investigation did not exonerate Trump. No one has ever appeared smart repeating things that come out of the president`s mouth.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exonerate

Old 10-25-2019, 09:05 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Obama is going to be serving some serious jail time. He'll have company too to play checkers with.
Although the biggest scandal in history, bozo will not go to jail.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:11 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
William Barr opening an investigation into his own agency, we are truly in crazy land. I always thought facts were required to open a criminal investigation, this is new to me.
The Mueller Report could be called "his own Agency" - that's not what AG Barr and later Durham are investigating. The FISA Court is NOT "his own Agency" and neither is the CIA and Foreign actors in Ukraine , Italy, Australia and the UK.

How can any of this be "new" to you? - you might need to looks at better news sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
sorry Goodnight, the facts have been there for months for all to see. your refusal to see them is your issue.

the fact is Obama administration people ran spy ops against the Trump campaign. they did so for the purpose of manufacturing evidence that didn't exist. period. that is very very illegal.
IF proven (and the paper trails are long) then it would be very Illegal - that's the point of looking at the Origins of "Russia-Russia-Russia a.k.a. The Dirty Dossier. One thing I'm sure of - former President Obama (even if implicated) will never see a Court of Law.

The Mueller Team took the Dirty Dossier as FACT and never looked at the origins of it.
That was a problem for AG Barr, so he announced in the hearing on Mueller that he was going to look at the Origins ... which begin with the FISA Courts. AG Horowitz was already looking at the FISA Courts and Origins, but he doesn't have the same powers as the Attorney General of the United States.

I actually expect the first bomb to drop will be in the Court where the Flynn case is.
New filings yesterday and they are NOT pretty for the Mueller Team.

Keep in mind that the Durham/Barr investigations came long before the Kangaroo Court of Impeachment based on an Anonymous "whistleblower" who freely admits Bias and 2nd/3rd hand information.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:14 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Grand Juries issue Subpoenas ..... Adam Schiff and the House Dems issue unenforceable Letters that have zero to do with any court and can't be enforced by any court (or argued against) - But you already knew that.

What's your best guess Legal Eagle -- Will Barr & Durham convene a Regular Grand Jury OR a Special Grand Jury? (I'm assuming you know the differences and the Statues).
Congressional subpoenas are legally enforceable, and federal criminal statue permits them to seek consent from U.S. Attorney of D.C. to bring criminal charges for failure to comply. This puts private citizens like Rudy Giuliani at greater risk than say, a federal official, against whom the U.S. Attorney is unlikely to sign off on an investigation.

This article gives a good primer.
Explainer: How powerful are Congress subpoenas, contempt citations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies