Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 10:19 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Mark my words, cnn analysts are getting nervous. Brennan, clapper. I just hope this doesn't ruin Obamsa deal with netflix
If he was indeed involved (and I'm sure he was), I hope it totally destroys Obama and his legacy. But unfortunately, it won't. He's still the Annointed One who shall be hallowed and blameless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 10:29 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Congressional subpoenas are legally enforceable, and federal criminal statue permits them to seek consent from U.S. Attorney of D.C. to bring criminal charges for failure to comply. This puts private citizens like Rudy Giuliani at greater risk than say, a federal official, against whom the U.S. Attorney is unlikely to sign off on an investigation.
You can call a cow a horse but it's still a cow.

Kibby is right, Those letters issued by Schiff were not Subpoenas but fake intending to intimidate people into showing up to his inquiries. They have no enforcement penalty which makes them a Subpoena.

Why do you not hear Schiff and crew screaming about enforcing the "Subpoena's" ?

That's because they don't exist. Showing up for his sham show is purely voluntary.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:37 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
William Barr opening an investigation into his own agency, we are truly in crazy land. I always thought facts were required to open a criminal investigation, this is new to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Mueller Report could be called "his own Agency" - that's not what AG Barr and later Durham are investigating. The FISA Court is NOT "his own Agency" and neither is the CIA and Foreign actors in Ukraine , Italy, Australia and the UK.

How can any of this be "new" to you? - you might need to looks at better news sources.

IF proven (and the paper trails are long) then it would be very Illegal - that's the point of looking at the Origins of "Russia-Russia-Russia a.k.a. The Dirty Dossier. One thing I'm sure of - former President Obama (even if implicated) will never see a Court of Law.

The Mueller Team took the Dirty Dossier as FACT and never looked at the origins of it.
That was a problem for AG Barr, so he announced in the hearing on Mueller that he was going to look at the Origins ... which begin with the FISA Courts. AG Horowitz was already looking at the FISA Courts and Origins, but he doesn't have the same powers as the Attorney General of the United States.

I actually expect the first bomb to drop will be in the Court where the Flynn case is.
New filings yesterday and they are NOT pretty for the Mueller Team.

Keep in mind that the Durham/Barr investigations came long before the Kangaroo Court of Impeachment based on an Anonymous "whistleblower" who freely admits Bias and 2nd/3rd hand information.
Could you summarize them or provide a credible link? I've never followed the Russian investigations but still figured this was worth a quick google. Per NPR about an hour ago:

It is unclear what prompted the shift from an administrative review to a formal criminal investigation, when the change took place or what potential crime is under investigation.
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/25/77335...h-interference

Are there any leakers with information on targets and allegations? For example, Rudy Giuliani by name is allegedly subject to an ongoing criminal investigation with information on possible charges and specific details. The other day there was a report he's off looking for a criminal attorney to defend him. Post threads like "Obama is going to jail" don't add much here IMHO.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:50 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205 View Post
Grand jury in the process of being empaneled. That sucking sound you hear are the backsides of a handful of folks in the IC puckering up

(obligatory popcorn gif)

https://mobile.twitter.com/amyfiscus...17961764065281https://mobile.twitter.com/amyfiscus...17961764065281
Performing due diligence I read the article: Looks like not (or not necessarily). "The move gives the prosecutor running it, John H. Durham, the power to subpoena for witness testimony and documents, to convene a grand jury and to file criminal charges." But even so, evidentiary standards must continue to be met.

For example, a “reasonable indication” that a crime has been committed is sufficient basis to open an investigation. But to obtain a subpoena, a much higher standard of "probable cause" must be met - which brings us back to the question of who is the target and what is the alleged crime (per DOJ leaks or other sources)?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/u...stigation.html

Old 10-25-2019, 11:25 AM

25,448 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Oh yeah, they're all in big trouble, lol. What a goof ball Barr is.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
If he was indeed involved (and I'm sure he was), I hope it totally destroys Obama and his legacy. But unfortunately, it won't. He's still the Annointed One who shall be hallowed and blameless.
I wasn't crazy about all of Obama's policies, but he was a helluva lot better than the idiot we have the WH now. And much more respected, to Trump's angst.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:28 AM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Obama is going to be serving some serious jail time. He'll have company too to play checkers with.
Wow. You do have an over active imagination don’t you?

Old 10-25-2019, 11:34 AM

10,070 posts, read 14,449,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Mueller pointedly said that his investigation did not exonerate Trump. No one has ever appeared smart repeating things that come out of the president`s mouth.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exonerate
Well, considering the entire Mueller fiasco and investigation was based on fake, false information, trying to bring down a duly elected US president, I don't think the Mueller clowns & co. deserve much credibility or respect.

Their entire plot & scheme is coming undone, and it is not going to be good for those involved.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Well, considering the entire Mueller fiasco and investigation was based on fake, false information, trying to bring down a duly elected US president, I don't think the Mueller clowns & co. deserve much credibility or respect.

Their entire plot & scheme is coming undone, and it is not going to be good for those involved.
Yep, got Comey and company now! LOL.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:58 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Clearly they're trying to divert attention from the Trump impeachment.

But I say, let 'em have at it.

Lol.....the Trump impeachment was a diversion away from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies