Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2019, 05:44 PM

10,441 posts, read 4,029,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Cops typically vote Republican, and all cities are Democrat run. The D/R divide is a rural&suburban vs urban divide more than a Blue State Red State divide
Where is your proof of this? I ask because it seems to me in Florida, it's the cops that are against our Republican governor,and tend to support democrat politicians over the republican ones.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:49 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Of course I don't think everyone that is there is white. However, white identity politics was a strong motivator for many to vote him in. I do think we should fix our immigration system and do something about illegal immigration, I just don't think a wall is the right idea. Also if your idea of addressing the elephant in the room is selling fear and using not so subtle racist dogwhistles then we have a different interpretation of how he got elected. The fact that he has POC at his rallies doesn't negate the fact that white identity politics played a major role in his victory.
We need the wall. For the umpteenth time, the wall that Bill Clinton had built along the San Diego/Tijuana border has drastically cut down on illegal crossings and crime.

"Selling fear"? "Racist dogwhistiles[sic]"? Gimme a break!

I'm of Hispanic descent and I voted for Trump and will vote for him again. Unless you've seen up close and personal your neighborhood and schools get destroyed by illegal immigration, then you don't have a clue when it comes to the deleterious effects. It may also surprise you that illegal immigration angers legal immigrants. Our former next door neighbors were naturalized US citizens and they were happy to see Trump win. And, believe it or not, they are POC.

Tell me where Trump has ever mentioned "white identity"?

Old 10-25-2019, 05:55 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,137,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I find it kind of shocking that, if it were up to white Americans, every President during the last 50 years would have been a Republican. I didn't realize it had been that long.

Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama would have never gotten elected. The only reason they became President was because of the votes of minorities. It seems that whites have essentially abandoned the Democrat party at the national Presidential level and don't believe that Democrats represent their interests.

Is this the biggest cultural and political divide that we have in our nation today?
Statistically - and you actually provide no statistics - it would mostly just mean that the GOP is overwhelmingly white. We knew that already.

You maybe be right - or it might be that the real divide is between those for whom money trumps everything, versus those who value other things, like civil liberties, women's rights, education, etc.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:57 PM

18,715 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Quote:
I find it kind of shocking that, if it were up to white Americans, every President during the last 50 years would have been a Republican. I didn't realize it had been that long.

Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama would have never gotten elected. The only reason they became President was because of the votes of minorities. It seems that whites have essentially abandoned the Democrat party at the national Presidential level and don't believe that Democrats represent their interests.

Is this the biggest cultural and political divide that we have in our nation today?
Democrat politicians give whites a lot less free stuff, and make them out to be victims far less than they do minorities.

Minorities figure (correctly) that they can lose a lot more free stuff they have come to depend on if Democrats aren't elected. And they can lose the chance to be regarded as victims or underprivileged, thus losing the incentive for govt to give them more free stuff, if Democrats aren't elected. So they vote for Democrats more than whites do.

Whites, on the other hand, know that they are the ones whose tax money is going to pay for all the free stuff, while they don't get nearly as much free stuff back themselves. Many of them even realize (correctly) their money isn't being taxed for legitimate purposes (running government), but is being stolen and frittered away on free stuff that doesn't help the country at all, and merely buys votes for Democrat politicians.

Who can blame whites for not voting for Democrats?

Old 10-25-2019, 07:32 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
ROFL!!!!! My husband is white, half my family is white, etc. I went to schools with almost all whites (never experienced any racism).

I said nothing against whites, I said something against the whites who post racist stuff like the OP and those who reflect similar outlooks.

Again, I care nothing about melanin content, I judge people on things like who they are as an individual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You stereotyped. Your husband and anything else has nothing to do with your bias/racism.
ROFL!!! sound like "I have black friends"
Was just thinking the same thing. If a white person says "My wife is black" or "I have many black friends", they still get told that doesn't mean anything at all. So, as far as I'm concerned, the same holds true the other way around. If that doesn't work for one race, it doesn't work for any of them.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:36 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times
Quote:

Lol, all the while ignoring how the overwhelming majority of blacks vote Democrat.

Is this the biggest cultural and political divide we have?

Old 10-25-2019, 08:10 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Was just thinking the same thing. If a white person says "My wife is black" or "I have many black friends", they still get told that doesn't mean anything at all. So, as far as I'm concerned, the same holds true the other way around. If that doesn't work for one race, it doesn't work for any of them.

Yeah, but AM white.

I'm as much white as Mexican. Half Mexican, 1/4 Swedish and 1/4 English.

Or so I'm told.

I live in a state that doesn't have very many Mexicans at all, and Caucasians are a minority, and I do fine with all groups.

And his claims that I'm racist is bull pucky.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2019, 08:36 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,925,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
How can people believe that race is irrelevant? Do you not see the world? Race is the number one factor in just about everything. Inteligence, crime, discipline, athletic ability, health are all predicated on someone’s race. Check any metric you want and the results will fall along racial lines. Like at the worlds nations - see any patterns? It is not a social construct it is fact based on 30,000 of species evolution.

I just don’t understand how otherwise intelligent people can deny the plainly obvious.
Your post, assuming you are white, is proof that white people can be just as ignorant and unintelligent as anyone. Really sad that beliefs like this still exist in this day and age.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:36 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,235,741 times
I don't care.

Because who others vote for is none of my business, nor is it your business, it is their business.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:02 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,216,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
We need the wall. For the umpteenth time, the wall that Bill Clinton had built along the San Diego/Tijuana border has drastically cut down on illegal crossings and crime.

"Selling fear"? "Racist dogwhistiles[sic]"? Gimme a break!

I'm of Hispanic descent and I voted for Trump and will vote for him again. Unless you've seen up close and personal your neighborhood and schools get destroyed by illegal immigration, then you don't have a clue when it comes to the deleterious effects. It may also surprise you that illegal immigration angers legal immigrants. Our former next door neighbors were naturalized US citizens and they were happy to see Trump win. And, believe it or not, they are POC.

Tell me where Trump has ever mentioned "white identity"?
Do you understand what I mean by white identity politics. I don't mean he comes straight out and says white identity. He uses rhetoric to get a segment of the white population by saying that if we don't vote for a strong leader like him we will lose our country to outsiders. You know people came down on Obama pretty hard because he was known to deport a lot of people, so it is not like he was sitting on his hands. You do realize it hasn't only been Hispanics who he has used fear based rhetoric for. I also live in an area that has a significant population of Salvadoran people, I know there were quite a bit of visa overstayers in my area from 90s. They do however contribute to the economy and my neighborhood hasn't been destroyed. I understand there are some issues with strain on schools though. I agree that wall on the San Diego/ Tijuana border is key. Those are two major population zones, the rest of it is a boondoggle and it is not popular in much of the border areas in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies