Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 02:47 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,155,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
We already incentivize the wrong people to have children in the U.S. by PAYING THEM. The people we want having kids aren't because they have bought into a self serving, selfish lifestyle based on materialism. That's their choice and their RIGHT. Part of it is due to lack of faith in a higher power, and I am not even a religious person, but that has been the shift.
That is a strange statement. The people you WANT having kids are self-serving, selfish materialist who lost their faith in a higher power?

So that leaves unselfish, god serving, religious people having kids but THOSE are not the people you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 03:02 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,465,198 times
A person who thinks that women have babies in order to collect a bigger welfare check is a person who has never changed a diaper or a hundred other things that need to be done to raise a child. When our children were young my wife and I both had jobs that required shift work so I`ve walked the walk.

Old 10-29-2019, 03:32 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,155,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A person who thinks that women have babies in order to collect a bigger welfare check is a person who has never changed a diaper or a hundred other things that need to be done to raise a child. When our children were young my wife and I both had jobs that required shift work so I`ve walked the walk.
I have met two girls around 10 years old who take care of their younger siblings. That includes changing diapers. Both mothers are single and receive help in some way. One of the girls recently asked a relative of mine if she could be adopted because she was tired of taking care of babies.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:21 PM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not ignoring anything, I quoted from a source that had verifiable data. I'm not sure how you can criticize that and then post stuff from any one of the websites with a right wing slant on the news.

In any case, I have family in Sweden and they said this is very much overblown, just as with gang violence in the US this activity is usually restricted to areas where gang members reside, It's a problem but it does not infer that Sweden is unsafe. But there are a few Swedish posters in these forums, maybe ask their opinion?

I guess it depends on their perspective and ideology correct?

If we were Swedes and discussing America, you could say all the people and family you know in America thinks Hillary is the most honest and qualified politician in the history of human kind. But obviously there is just as many who thought she was one of the most dishonest and worst.

I know very little about Sweden, but even if the problem is not as bad as some claim, allowing immigrants in that will not assimilate and that are causing crime, serves what purpose?

`

Old 11-06-2019, 04:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
The family is the building block of society
When it’s gone so are we

Old 11-06-2019, 05:36 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

If we were Swedes and discussing America, you could say all the people and family you know in America thinks Hillary is the most honest and qualified politician in the history of human kind. But obviously there is just as many who thought she was one of the most dishonest and worst.

I know very little about Sweden, but even if the problem is not as bad as some claim, allowing immigrants in that will not assimilate and that are causing crime, serves what purpose?

`
It does depend on a person's perspective and it also, depends on if someone is blowing smoke up ones skirt, just so they can yell, fire. As that is what happened in Cologne Germany.

If one foreigner in a country does something wrong, commits a crime, then it becomes a war on 'all foreigners' of that culture, in that country is guilty of same crime or worse. Then that leads to native country people rioting in the streets ...

So that leads to the peacekeepers, to keep the peace, not telling no one nothing out of fear of the repercussions when they inform the people.

Immigrants and refugees are looking for a place to lay their weary heads and they don't want to cause any trouble ... but trouble will find them no matter where they go, because of people's prejudices.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:33 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
It does depend on a person's perspective and it also, depends on if someone is blowing smoke up ones skirt, just so they can yell, fire. As that is what happened in Cologne Germany.

If one foreigner in a country does something wrong, commits a crime, then it becomes a war on 'all foreigners' of that culture, in that country is guilty of same crime or worse. Then that leads to native country people rioting in the streets ...

So that leads to the peacekeepers, to keep the peace, not telling no one nothing out of fear of the repercussions when they inform the people.

Immigrants and refugees are looking for a place to lay their weary heads and they don't want to cause any trouble ... but trouble will find them no matter where they go, because of people's prejudices.

Since you chose to respond to Vector1's post, would you care to take a stab at the question he asked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

`
Aside from letting yourself feel good for being big-hearted, what purpose does it serve to allow immigrants from a radically different culture, who hold values dramatically different from your own, into your country?

Old 11-06-2019, 07:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
[quote=Ellis Bell;56578102]It does depend on a person's perspective and it also, depends on if someone is blowing smoke up ones skirt, just so they can yell, fire. As that is what happened in Cologne Germany.

Immigrants and refugees are looking for a place to lay their weary heads and they don't want to cause any trouble ... but trouble will find them no matter where they go, because of people's prejudices.[/QUOTE
I think not
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xd4r1PNCWCg1iYQt7

Old 11-07-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Since you chose to respond to Vector1's post, would you care to take a stab at the question he asked?

Aside from letting yourself feel good for being big-hearted, what purpose does it serve to allow immigrants from a radically different culture, who hold values dramatically different from your own, into your country?
Give one a hug and learn something.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Got eight minutes and 17 seconds to spare?

America is Not the Greatest Country in the World Anymore "The Newsroom"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies