Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 10:47 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
imagine being so self centered that you think that other people shouldnt be allowed to travel via plane because sometimes a baby annoys you. you who can just sit there and listen to music, watch a movie, eat, read, etc. and relax while a mother is probably struggling to maintain her sanity while trying to keep her baby calm on a plane. what an obnoxious self centered snowflake you need to be to complain about that.

i remember one time my daughter was being difficult and my wife was struggling to keep her calm, i noticed some old idiot give some unpleasant looks back at her. i could see he was actually thinking of saying something and his wife told him not to. if he would have; my wife would have exploded on him. its so ridiculous and pathetic to be so dumb and selfish.
Why is it such a huge problem to arrange one flight per 2-3 days kids-free? Or at least an area in the aircraft, with premium seats without kids? Some people are already extremely nervous because of the flight, and a screaming-kicking kid brings it to a total boiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 10:51 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Why is it such a huge problem to arrange one flight per 2-3 days kids-free? Or at least an area in the aircraft, with premium seats without kids? Some people are already extremely nervous because of the flight, and a screaming-kicking kid brings it to a total boiling.
god that sounds so ridiculous. needing to create separate flights or areas just because some people are incredibly grumpy.

they should just bring their own noise canceling headphones if it bothers them so much.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:53 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
IDK, contact the airlines, they may be very interested in getting more money that way. *shrug* I have zero problem with kid-free flights or restaurants etc.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:57 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Yeap. Problem is their parents who are totally inconsiderate arrogant selfish pigs.
Look at that venomous language. Selfish pigs?

You don't sound rational.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:59 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I would rather sit next to baby, crying all the way, then some of these posters.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-29-2019, 11:02 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
IDK, contact the airlines, they may be very interested in getting more money that way. *shrug* I have zero problem with kid-free flights or restaurants etc.
They are interested. But its the government that prohibits it because of "discrimination".

Old 10-29-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
They are interested. But its the government that prohibits it because of "discrimination".
Babies are not a group under discrimination laws.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:14 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Just asked two sales guys who fly every week how many times they've had to listen to a crying baby on board. One said never and the other said once but it was only for the first 15 minutes of the flight.

HUGE problem, it appears.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Just asked two sales guys who fly every week how many times they've had to listen to a crying baby on board. One said never and the other said once but it was only for the first 15 minutes of the flight.

HUGE problem, it appears.

My sister air travels about 2 weeks out of the month.... never heard her complain. Of course she is nice person and would probably be back there helping.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:47 AM

1,503 posts, read 607,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Look at that venomous language. Selfish pigs?

You don't sound rational.
It's not a "venomous", it's a qualification. I've been taught to not create problems for people around me, and I'm very good at it. It's only rational to expect same from others, don't you think? Unfortunately, most people behave completely opposite. Everyone should experience consequences of their actions, but most people act like they are entitled to offset those consequences onto others.

It's not about just babies on flights. It's about all human interactions.

Just been in a restaurant yesterday. Usually it's normal quiet place, but yesterday there were two group of people celebrating birthdays - one 25, another 26. Nope, they were no babies, but they were screaming so loud that I got a headache. How would you call them? That's right, selfish ignorant pigs.

The neighbor that puts piles of trash on his front yard such that all the smell going to your house. How would you call him? That's right, selfish ignorant pig.

The idiot that thinks he is Schumacher and cuts in front of your car having 0.0001 inch distance. How would you call him? That's right, selfish ignorant pig.

I can go on and on, but most people are just like that. And it's the only language that can describe them.

There are always multiple ways of doing things, and yes, ways that do not create problems for others are usually harder and/or more costly. Yet civilized people chose those ways, since they follow that golden rule. Others cannot be qualified as humans, so yes, they are arrogant selfish pigs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies