Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should short barrel ammunitions be banned?
Yes, ban it in as many states as possible, and at the federal level when we get back the Senate and Pres. Warren. 5 8.33%
just encourage voluntary bans by retailers, similar to what Walmart has done. 3 5.00%
no, do nothing. 49 81.67%
other (please explain below) 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 03:47 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why is it that those that are the loudest in demanding "gun control" are the most utterly ignorant and clueless people concerning anything whatsoever about firearms?
That usually stands, but Travis T isnt that ignorant. He simply enjoys starting the occasional gun thread to get us "guntards" all worked up.

He's trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 03:51 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://armoneyandpolitics.com/walma...ition-handgun/

I can't say I'm normally a fan of Walmart. I'm pro-union, Walmart believes in union-busting. I don't like the proliferation of made-in-China stuff produced at least partly with slave labor. That's virtually Walmart's entire business model. I don't like HFCS. Walmart has shelves full of snacks and drinks loaded with HFCS.

I can say that I am a big fan of their recent decision to stop selling short barrel ammunitions:

I wish they would have simply destroyed existing stock, but I understand that they have shareholders to answer to. What do you think?
I think this is just another disguised troll thread that will endure like many of your others.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:11 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
They can do what they want to do. It's their stores. But anytime a retailer stops selling anything gun related, the gun crowd rightfully points out they can buy the same stuff somewhere else.

We need better background checks.
Walmart's half-hearted gun and ammo business has varied greatly in different regions. In Gaithersburg, Maryland, it's practically nonexistent.

In Greenville, SC, the gun department is manned with full-time knowledgeable people with a good selection of everything.

In Fairfax, VA, there is basic ammo, but you have to ask a passing employee if someone can help with ammo.
Then after a few minutes someone in electronics comes over and calls the guy that has the keys to the ammo cabinet.
He then cautiously opens the particular glass slide where the ammo you want is stored. He hasn't any idea what he is retrieving.

So Walmart has been inconsistent with their gun and ammo sales nationwide. Most will not care about their pacifist policies.

I buy from local Cabela's or online. I support local suppliers when possible.

I don't have a problem with background checks per se. Most of my weapons required checks, except the ones that didn't.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:58 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
I'm seeing more pro 2nd Amendment people "okay with backround checks"

I think ultimately the right to own a gun is going to disappear by way of the backround check and red flag law. Why do I think this? Because they're doing it now, and you've shown them you're okay with it.
The hangmen in DC just need to keep tightening the noose a little tighter. All the while you'll nod your heads in agreement, just like you did with Trumps bump stock ban and right up until they deny you that bird gun or that .22 for your grandkid because of that speeding ticket 5 years ago.
I was recently refused a gun purchase thanks to a NICS check. No reason for the denial was offered and if you ask you'll not get one. Sound reasonable? Gun store clerk says; "happens all the time, its an imperfect automated system" and slides an appeal form over for me to sign. I couldnt help but see the irony in having a framed copy of the constitution hanging on the wall just above the counter while being denied my "2nd amendment right"
The NICS appeal was successful and again no reason given for the reversal. The whole process took just under a month. Sound reasonable?
They're going to pick you off one at a time,and you wont see it coming until its too late. Maybe it already is.
Yeah I know you're the NRA, but you're also naive fools.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:20 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

I think ultimately the right to own a gun is going to disappear by way of the backround check and red flag law. Why do I think this? Because they're doing it now, and you've shown them you're okay with it.
The hangmen in DC just need to keep tightening the noose a little tighter. All the while you'll nod your heads in agreement, just like you did with Trumps bump stock ban and right up until they deny you that bird gun or that .22 for your grandkid because of that speeding ticket 5 years ago.
I was recently refused a gun purchase thanks to a NICS check. No reason for the denial was offered and if you ask you'll not get one. Sound reasonable? Gun store clerk says; "happens all the time, its an imperfect automated system" and slides an appeal form over for me to sign. I couldnt help but see the irony in having a framed copy of the constitution hanging on the wall just above the counter while being denied my "2nd amendment right"
The NICS appeal was successful and again no reason given for the reversal. The whole process took just under a month. Sound reasonable?
They're going to pick you off one at a time,and you wont see it coming until its too late. Maybe it already is.
Post of the year.

This applies in many other subjects, as well. It's why I call some people "cucks".

Frog + pot + water = "Oh, okay, that sounds reasonable...sure, I'll go along with that." Also = 30 years later: "What happened?!"

Old 10-27-2019, 09:21 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Wal mart or any corporation deciding they no longer wish to sell guns is NOT an infringement of second amendment rights, period.

No company or business can be forced to sell something they don't wish to.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:28 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Wal mart or any corporation deciding they no longer wish to sell guns is NOT an infringement of second amendment rights, period.

Absolutely correct.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:24 AM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

A few years back, I went through the check and the info did not come back within 3 days, so they sold me the gun anyway as the law says. The guy at the store said that anyone who had ever been printed before was being delayed. Mine was my military prints 50 years ago. The next time, it went right through.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:32 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Except for insurance companies, right?

Old 10-27-2019, 10:53 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
I don't care. I don't shop at Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies