Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 09:43 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times

Advertisements

Durham investigation is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 10:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Cool Please settle down Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
a) You're using Wikipedia as a viable non-prejudicial source...?
So, it's not Breitbart. Expand your horizons.

Quote:
b) The above listed 'opinions' are completely false, at least as far as they relate to anyone I know. Being right-wing does not make someone an authoritarian. Exactly the opposite is closer to the truth.
Feel free to refute the scientific studies that were cited. But use data, not your narrow opinion and personal biases.

Quote:
We don't like, nor do we trust, our government for the most part. Trump is a useful tool for us right now because he fulfills many of our desires for the direction in which we want this country to head
Well, you're partially correct. tRump IS a simple tool.

Quote:
(oh, BTW you're spelling it wrong, should be a capital T and small R :-)
Kinda grates on ya.

Carry on.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:15 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times
I will....you too.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
To facts.

A number of former aides and Republican official spoke to Politico about why Trump always reaches for conspiracy theories in trying to get himself out of trouble. They say it’s because conspiracy theories are easier than having to stick to facts and logic in his own defense. And frankly, what else does he usually have?

I just think he keeps up the game,” a former senior administration official said. “It is much easier to have a conspiracy theory than have to deal with the facts. He and facts have a severe dislike for each other. He and facts don’t get along. If you are not going to get along with facts and you have an administration known for lying, then everything becomes a conspiracy theory.”…

“It is just easier to blame it on some nefarious organization and individuals rather than doing the job you are going to do. If I can blame you, why would I take responsibility?” [Former RNC Chairman Michael] Steele added.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispat...cts-and-logic/

I think a better question is, why can’t his base see this?
Because many people believe in conspiracy theories these days. I mean look at flat earthers who believe that the government says the world is an oblaite spehroid to keep us stupid and buying things. Look at those that think the government was in on killing thousands, injuring many more and exposing many more to cancer from the 9/11 attacks. People believe what they want and many Trump supporters believe the same conspiracies he does.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:28 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Is that your goal? It seems counterproductive to me. That is usually the first thing that draws my eye to it when I get to your posts, even before reading the post. Then I proceed to scroll right past it to the next post without reading it.

So I end up missing most of what you have to add to the conversation. If that is your goal, then well done!

Old 10-27-2019, 11:17 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Is that your goal? It seems counterproductive to me. That is usually the first thing that draws my eye to it when I get to your posts, even before reading the post. Then I proceed to scroll right past it to the next post without reading it.

So I end up missing most of what you have to add to the conversation. If that is your goal, then well done!
His shtick wore out in 2015. Amuses himself I imagine.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Just dealing with a grammar Nazi.

But somehow you find that upsetting.

Quote:
My goal is to amuse and stimulate.

Not everyone will appreciate the sparkling wit.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
His shtick wore out in 2015. Amuses himself I imagine.

Trumplings...

Always trying to make it all about ME.

It's an obsession.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:41 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Amusing quickly turns to tiresome and then you are ignored.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:46 PM

46,279 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Trumplings...

Always trying to make it all about ME.

It's an obsession.

And in the post right above this one you say...

Quote:

My goal is to amuse and stimulate.

Not everyone will appreciate the sparkling wit.

You don't but if it makes you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies