Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 11:05 PM

4,652 posts, read 4,528,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
More people voted against Clinton than for her.
Then maybe neither is “normal”. Still, more people voted for Clinton than for Trump, so if you’re going to make the case that voting for one or the other is more “normal” (i.e. “typical”), wouldn’t it be the one that, you know, received more votes?

Old 10-27-2019, 11:06 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times
Trump LOST the POPULAR vote in 2016

More people voted for Clinton than tRump

Quote:

Old 10-27-2019, 11:07 PM

14,380 posts, read 14,207,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The DC Swamp voted over 90% for Hitlary and has been trying to overturn the election and even had one of their assassins shoot some Republican Congressman....shocking that they booed him
This is the fallacy of a President elected by a minority of the popular vote and taking office through an electoral college majority.

He isn't popular. He never will be popular. He may hold office through a legal technicality, but he will never be a "popularly elected president".

Last edited by markg91359; 10-27-2019 at 11:33 PM..

Old 10-27-2019, 11:13 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,713,630 times
So the presidency is reduced to a popularity contest. That pretty much sums up every election since.... 1992, and it’s been pretty much all downhill since.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:13 PM

4,652 posts, read 4,528,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
This is the fallacy of a President elected by a minority of the popular vote and taking office through an electoral college majority.

He isn't popular. He never will be popular. He may hold office through a legal technicality, but he will never be a "popularly elected president.
This gets right to the heart of it. Trump supporters think they’re the majority because Trump won the electoral vote.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:19 PM

19,788 posts, read 12,040,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Clinton got a plurality, the cheeto didn't
No kidding. Where did I imply that he did?

Old 10-27-2019, 11:31 PM

14,709 posts, read 8,036,474 times
Quote:

Trump may have won the electoral vote but Hillary won the popular vote.

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 2.8 million votes. -Time Magazine

Old 10-27-2019, 11:34 PM

2,968 posts, read 1,730,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Trump may have won the electoral vote but Hillary won the popular vote.

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 2.8 million votes. -Time Magazine
Tell us... what did that give the doddering old drunk hag?

Old 10-27-2019, 11:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,823,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Are you being sarcastic? If the game were in a conservative town, you think they would have acted like that? They would have shown respect, or at least refrained from behaving like sore-loser children.

The worst thing is.....this is what liberal parents are teaching their children.
Is Houston a conservative town? I know it is Texas but it is coastal and a city so I'm not as sure. Would he get more cheers, yes. But I'm sure he would still get a resounding chorus of boos. Why, because of what I said in the first post that you couldn't tell if it was serious or sarcastic. By the way, I was serious and using satire you mock the conservatives saying it was because they are librulz.

Let me tell you something. My father is middle of the road. He voted Democrat and Republican in the past. He couldn't however vote.for Trump. Why, because we lived on Long Island. My father saw Trump in the local paper act like he does on Twitter from before I was born on top of not agreeing with his policies. He would gladly boo and yell kick him up. But he is FAR from a librul like the posters said anyone booing Trump must be.

As for teaching children respect, why should any respect a man abusing the highest office. Respect is earned and he don't deserve any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
”They’re all feds!”

“It’s because they’re all libs!”

”It’s poor parenting!”

Man, cognitive dissonance is real, folks.
No kidding. If this was Obama or Clinton, you know the conservatives feigning outrage would cheer this behavior. My view is, if you don't like the President and think they disrespect you, don't show them any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
What an illogical argument. If what you state were really how things worked, nobody would ever be respectful.

Truth is, the fact that this many people were willing to boo the POTUS and that so many are defending such behavior shows how far “progressivism” has lowered our country.
I repeat my above sentiment, respect is earned and he don't deserve it. Also again, conservatives are no better.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,697,706 times
Free speech—plus those people paid through the nose for their tickets
Trump got his box free plus the food
The Nationals’ owners told the WH not to ask to come/use to the owners’ box because they didn’t want to have to turn down Trump
That is a great slam...
Someone rich enough to own a baseball team in the national capitol doesn’t want to host Trump
At least someone isn’t for sale...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.