Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 11:50 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Are you being sarcastic? If the game were in a conservative town, you think they would have acted like that? They would have shown respect, or at least refrained from behaving like sore-loser children.

The worst thing is.....this is what liberal parents are teaching their children.
You don’t know what liberal parents are teaching their children if you aren’t a liberal

This isn’t about the election——Trump’s acolytes are the ones who can’t get over that
This lack of respect is for a man who shows no respect, no decency, no moral compass
If you want people to respect Trump get him to become worthy of respect
And I imagine that is as far beyond his capability as losing weight...

Old 10-27-2019, 11:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

I repeat my above sentiment, respect is earned and he don't deserve it. Also again, conservatives are no better.
I agree because I remember the GOP member Joe Wilson of the House who called President Obama a liar from the floor of the Congress during his speech to the joint houses in 2009...
For which he was censured...

Old 10-27-2019, 11:53 PM

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Washington is the home of the swamp.
Imagine all the relatives (attending baseball) of all those swamp creatures.
Not a place for an outsider like President Trump to expect applause....
https://twitter.com/MAGAalot/status/1188696046781644800

Old 10-28-2019, 12:22 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Didn't Harris County (where Houston is) vote for Clinton (54%) over Trump (42%) in 2016?

Yes, as did Fort Bend County (adjacent to Harris County). Trump didn't get my vote, but my county (Montgomery, also adjacent to Harris County) was the only county in the country where Trump beat Hillary by more than 100,000 votes. Trump also won all of the rest of the counties of the Greater Houston area (10 counties).

In the Texaplex/Texas Urban Triangle, Clinton won 5 counties....Travis (the largest and one of the two major Austin Metro counties), Bexar (the main San Antonio Metro county), Dallas County (one of the DFW Metro counties), and Fort Bend and Harris (Houston). Trump won the rest of the counties in the Texas Urban Triangle.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:31 AM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
This is the fallacy of a President elected by a minority of the popular vote and taking office through an electoral college majority.

He isn't popular. He never will be popular. He may hold office through a legal technicality, but he will never be a "popularly elected president".
But I think he’s probably going to win because Democrats refuse to give us a good choice. They could have had this in the bag if they’d not gone so far left. The only normal candidates are an old man whose dentures keep falling out and he seems to have some dementia, and a woman who no democrat seems to like because she’s anti-regime change. The rest are scary.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I agree because I remember the GOP member Joe Wilson of the House who called President Obama a liar from the floor of the Congress during his speech to the joint houses in 2009...
For which he was censured...
But he wasn’t wrong.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yes, as did Fort Bend County (adjacent to Harris County). Trump didn't get my vote, but my county (Montgomery, also adjacent to Harris County) was the only county in the country where Trump beat Hillary by more than 100,000 votes. Trump also won all of the rest of the counties of the Greater Houston area (10 counties).

In the Texaplex/Texas Urban Triangle, Clinton won 5 counties....Travis (the largest and one of the two major Austin Metro counties), Bexar (the main San Antonio Metro county), Dallas County (one of the DFW Metro counties), and Fort Bend and Harris (Houston). Trump won the rest of the counties in the Texas Urban Triangle.
I don’t understand why anyone in Harris County wouldn’t vote for him in 2020 if someone like Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren wins the nomination. I hope all the newcomers realize just how much the city depends on the oil business. It’s pretty diversified now, but it is a major industry with a lot of satellite industries that employ lots of people in this town.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:40 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Because you think it is actually meaningful and is and indicator Trump is unpopular all over. Not so.
He is unpopular. The reaction of patriotic citizens to Trump, when he ventures outside of his tightly controlled settings, is frequently embarrassment, dislike and disgust. He is met with protests almost everywhere he goes. Think London, think Pittsburgh, think Puerto Rico, think Dayton, think El Paso and on and on. It is meaningful, Pilot1. It is very meaningful.

Tonight was indicative of the sentiment around the country and the world.
Trump = Boos
José Andrés = loud cheers and applause
Vox populi.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:47 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
You don’t know what liberal parents are teaching their children if you aren’t a liberal

Nope.

Liberals have friends (and family) who aren't liberals with whom they discuss what they teach their children.

Quote:
This isn’t about the election——Trump’s acolytes are the ones who can’t get over that
This lack of respect is for a man who shows no respect, no decency, no moral compass
If you want people to respect Trump get him to become worthy of respect
And I imagine that is as far beyond his capability as losing weight...
I'm not a Republican, and I would never vote for Trump, and I agree that he isn't deserving of respect, and I support marching on the Capitol, posting to Twitter, voting against, etc. as political protests, but I think the protests should be left out of a baseball game. Show disapproval by ignoring an announcement that he is there.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:58 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Free speech—plus those people paid through the nose for their tickets
Trump got his box free plus the food
The Nationals’ owners told the WH not to ask to come/use to the owners’ box because they didn’t want to have to turn down Trump
That is a great slam...
Someone rich enough to own a baseball team in the national capitol doesn’t want to host Trump
At least someone isn’t for sale...
And Trump apparently didn’t even consider bringing his young son with him. Such a conservative family values man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies