Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 08:23 PM

40,932 posts, read 48,901,953 times

Advertisements

I wonder what it feels like to be President Zelensky:

Zelensky: There was no pressure.

Democrats: Yes, there was.

Zelensky: I didn't feel any pressure.

Democrats: Yes, you did.

Zelensky: I was ON THE CALL. How do you know how I felt?

Democrats: We heard about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 08:31 PM

18,636 posts, read 7,484,649 times
What is the purpose of this vote tomorrow? They're not going to vote on putting together an Impeachment Committee. All they will do is vote that they want to "look at" impeaching President Trump.

But they've been "looking at" impeaching him for nearly three years now. The first talk of impeachment from Dems, started immediately after the election, months before he even took office and did anything as President. The Dems went out of their minds, and have stayed that way ever since.

So this vote is simply to declare something they declared years ago? No further change?

Except, if the vote turns out to be NO, does that mean that they will now STOP looking at impeachment?

BTW, will each Representative's vote be recorded and published? Or will they chicken out and hide? Simply keying "Yes" or "No" on the keyboard each Representative has, so we simply get the full tally on a screen that doesn't display their names?

What is the purpose of this vote?

Old 10-30-2019, 09:11 PM

51,580 posts, read 25,547,985 times
The purpose is to call Trump's bluff.

It's already been clearly established that the process is legal and following the rules Republicans approved in 2015.

But rather than go through months of wrangling over Trump blocking witnesses and documents, Pelosi is calling his bluff.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:13 PM

51,580 posts, read 25,547,985 times
Well, now.

https://twitter.com/rafsanchez/statu...82955619983360

Old 10-30-2019, 10:33 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,968,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
They realized Trump is actually achieving some pretty incredible milestones, with the latest defeat of ISIS, and sleazy Schiff is panicking and pushing the full throttle button to move impeachment for nothing ahead.

Russia hoax was an epic flop, with a criminal investigation knocking down the door of the Mueller & Co. mob.

The Schiff Ukraine hoax is falling completely apart, but I'm sure the Democrats have got him this time.

A house impeachment will still lead to him being re-elected, so the Democrats better think up a new hoax fast.
No one believes Isis has been defeated except DJT. No one.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:59 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,238,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Feel free to vote him out next year. I said the same thing about Obama in 2011.
I will - if he lasts that long.
And I actually WANT Trump to "last that long". I want and expect the House to impeach him and the GOP-controlled Senate to save his bacon. I want those GOP Senators to be on record of saving Trump DESPITE the evidence that he's guilty as sin so that the "stench of Trump" infects the entire GOP come election time.

Ken

Old 10-30-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Robert Mueller disagrees.
And yet Mueller refused to find Trump didn't obstruct justice.
Sounds to me like you are either completely clueless or simply lying.

Ken

Old 10-30-2019, 11:24 PM

929 posts, read 395,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I will - if he lasts that long.
And I actually WANT Trump to "last that long". I want and expect the House to impeach him and the GOP-controlled Senate to save his bacon. I want those GOP Senators to be on record of saving Trump DESPITE the evidence that he's guilty as sin so that the "stench of Trump" infects the entire GOP come election time.

Ken
Did Ukraine get their freebies from the American People by way of $400M in aid? Hell YES

Did Ukraine investigate anything President Trump ask them to investigate? Hell NO

So in the end nothing happened, zero, zilch, nada.

Did Hunter Biden received millions of dollars from Ukraine and China? Hell YES

Did Hunter Biden profit off of his dad's name? HELL YES!

Does the American people need to know these corruptions irrespective of who did it, HELL TO FREAKING YES!

Old 10-30-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Did Ukraine get their freebies from the American People by way of $400M in aid? Hell YES

Despite Trump's attempts.

Did Ukraine investigate anything President Trump ask them to investigate? Hell NO

Despite Trump's attempts.

So in the end nothing happened, zero, zilch, nada.

Except that Trump TRIED to force a foreign country to investigate one of his potential political opponants.

Did Hunter Biden received millions of dollars from Ukraine and China? Hell YES

So?

Did Hunter Biden profit off of his dad's name? HELL YES!

So?

Does the American people need to know these corruptions irrespective of who did it, HELL TO FREAKING YES!

And they will hear about Trump's corruption. That's pretty much guaranteed now. There is NO evidence of any wrong-doing by the Bidens - NONE.
Ken

Old 10-30-2019, 11:43 PM

18,636 posts, read 7,484,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It's already been clearly established that the process is legal
Twiddling your thumbs is legal too, and almost as productive. And that's all the Democrat are doing here.

BTW, will each person's vote be recorded and displayed with his/her name? Or will the names be carefully hidden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies