Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 01:08 PM

37,051 posts, read 18,956,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Two Democrats voted no. Two. You're reaching with your story to say this was bipartisan in any way except the most liberal (not the political usage of the word here) definition of the word. If it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, go with it, I guess.
And Tulsi Gabbard voted "yes", which cancels one of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 01:09 PM

2,965 posts, read 1,151,449 times
Default BREAKING: NSC Official Testifies He Heard Nothing Illegal On Trump-Zelensky Call, Transcript Accurate

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timoth...urate-n2555688 ( BREAKING: CBS News is reporting that Tim Morrison, the National Security Council's Senior Director for European Affairs, testified before Congress on Thursday that he heard nothing illegal on the phone call between President Donald J. Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Morrison also reportedly testified that the transcript released by the White House was accurate. ) why don't the dem stop this BS already!!

Old 10-31-2019, 01:11 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,889,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Two Democrats voted no. Two. You're reaching with your story to say this was bipartisan in any way except the most liberal (not the political usage of the word here) definition of the word. If it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, go with it, I guess.
Impeachment is a political process, not a legal process. Just as it was back when Bill Clinton was impeached, it was a political process too - in that case driven by Republicans.

There was a debate back in the days of the Constitutional Convention about whether to even allow impeachment. The argument against it was that the people with their vote could impeach the President more effectively and democratically than Congress. The argument for it was that threat of impeachment would tend to curb a sitting President against abuses in office. Back in those naive early days of our nation the founders of course never dreamed that a thug like Donald Trump would one day be the leader of our nation. If so they might have put more teeth into the impeachment process.

Regardless, for better or worse the impeachment process is not subject to the same constraints and rules as a court proceeding.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:12 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,897,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Yes, I have.

Trump is going NOWHERE. I'd bet my house on it.

Can't wait to see all your heads explode next November.
Trump supporters confidence in a pathetically unpopular president is at an all time high. . . Meanwhile, on Planet Earth, the majority of Americans are in favor of the impeachment inquiry and disapprove of his job performance (or lack thereof.)

Old 10-31-2019, 01:14 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,897,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Yes, I have.

Trump is going NOWHERE. I'd bet my house on it.

Can't wait to see all your heads explode next November.
Trump supporters confidence in a pathetically unpopular president is at an all time high. . . Meanwhile, on Planet Earth, the majority of Americans are in favor of the impeachment inquiry and disapprove of his job performance (or lack thereof.) Only 41% approve of the job Trump is doing, not enough to get reelected if the election were held today.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Old 10-31-2019, 01:16 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Impeachment is a political process, not a legal process. Just as it was back when Bill Clinton was impeached, it was a political process too - in that case driven by Republicans.

There was a debate back in the days of the Constitutional Convention about whether to even allow impeachment. The argument against it was that the people with their vote could impeach the President more effectively and democratically than Congress. The argument for it was that threat of impeachment would tend to curb a sitting President against abuses in office. Back in those naive early days of our nation the founders of course never dreamed that a thug like Donald Trump would one day be the leader of our nation. If so they would have put more teeth into the impeachment process.

Regardless, for better or worse the impeachment process is not subject to the same constraints and rules as a court proceeding.
Replace "impeachment" with "coup"

Old 10-31-2019, 01:18 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trump supporters confidence in a pathetically unpopular president is at an all time high. . . Meanwhile, on Planet Earth, the majority of Americans are in favor of the impeachment inquiry and disapprove of his job performance (or lack thereof.) Only 41% approve of the job Trump is doing, not enough to get reelected if the election were held today.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
This is NOT Articles of Impeachment! It is an inquiry(what ever that is suppose to twist)
This is a fishing expedition, only seen before in Soviet Russia and Mao's China.
No Due Process. Show me the man(Trump) and I will find you a crime.
We have the Transcript.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:26 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,889,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Are you saying the Republicans were attempting a coup when they impeached Clinton? As I recall, the argument was that they justified removal of Clinton for corruption of our system of justice through perjury and obstruction of justice.

This is no different, other than there is a lot more information for the inquiry to consider than there was with Clinton.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:28 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,816,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sure you could do that... if you don't understand what the meanings of the words "impeachment" or "coup" are.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:29 PM

8,430 posts, read 4,483,372 times
What a sad day for America. This is however what Trump and his Republican supporters have brought us to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies