Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 05:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Quite frankly, I have a hard time believing an O5 was in the inner circle to have the means to even be listening on that call live. In my experience, military officers detailed to the White House posts are 2-3 rings away from POTUS, unless they have stars on their collars.
He was on the call because he speaks Ukrainian. Your incredulity is irrelevant. I know E-6s that were assigned to White House Comms that interacted with the President and VP on a fairly regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You were complaining that the Whistle Blower didn’t have first hand information, now you have it and you are claiming he might be a spy. It’s amazing to watch Trump supporters explain everything in irrational conspiracies.
Indeed. Not "amazing" in a good way, either.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, let me ask you, the people who were there provided a 5-6 page transcript, and this whistle blower, provides 7-9 pages based off 3rd and 4th hand information?
Who is talking about the Whistleblower? We're talking about Vindman and he was on the call. Why don't you sit the next couple of plays out there, champ. You're confusing yourself.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Read post 215, then get back with me.
I didn't need to read post 215, I was in the Army and I know full well what those awards are for. I have some of them also. I, like you, do not have a Purple Heart.

What is there to "get back to you" about? Congrats on knowing what very normal, common military awards are?

Old 10-30-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
'concern' over a difference in policy does not constitute a crime.

Charles whitman was a fine marine, he shot people from the tower on a college campus.

many have led an exemplary life and later committed a crime or exceeded the speed limit or parked in a handicap spot.

Like a heart attack, you feel fine up until the minute you don't.

Vindman's past does not protect him from scrutiny and suspected motivation for his behavior today.

Ask any priest!

Protection? No. What it absolutely should do, is earn him some benefit of the doubt with just about every American, and especially with other veterans.

What makes you suspicious of Vindland's motivations, other than he had concerns about how your guy was acting?

Old 10-30-2019, 05:38 AM

996 posts, read 378,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
He was on the call because he speaks Ukrainian. Your incredulity is irrelevant. I know E-6s that were assigned to White House Comms that interacted with the President and VP on a fairly regular basis.
However he has stated that he never had any actual contact or interaction with the POTUS. On this, or any other subject.

Lets' remember how this all came about. An unknown " whistle blower " brought his concerns to the CIA. Alleged to be CIA connected and having had connections to the Democrats. The " whistle blower" didn't like the CIA response, the IG said no Laws were broken, so he next went to the friendly confines of Adam Schiff.
First we heard Schiff was clueless regarding the " Whistle Blower" then later to find out there was contact.
Schiff lied.

Along with Democratic Lawyers, the " whistle blower" now had an audience and assistance. Schiff rounds up the boys and starts digging for anyone and everyone that can speak regarding their versions, opinions, and how foreign relations should be done. Diplomats, Military , Government Employees, trot them all in . Let's here from the Gallery how the country should be run.

Maybe we should have gotten the transcripts of the communications and telephone calls when pallets of cash were being flown to Iran.

Now there apparently is a question of the validity of the transcript of the call.It isn't enough that there wasn't anything regarding " high crimes and misdemeanors" so it is time for the Dems to make more stuff up. We saw it for 2 1/2 years with Russian Collusion Hysteria Hoax. I know, the correct version of the transcript is what Adam Schiff said when the entire embarrassing display started. You know, his Screen Test talking like a mob boss. That's it.

The Trump Tower meeting, CONTACT ! Front page bombshell, remember?

And at the end , after $ 30 million taxpayer dollars, the Dems usher in their Savior to speak in Public , who turns out to be a nearly feeble old man that can't even recall certain details.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:43 AM

57,231 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's not what the NYT said. Maggie Haberman of the NYT says Vindman said there was a reference to Burisma that did not show up in the transcript. There's nothing "key" about that, if true.
We don't know if that is the only change but removing a reference to Burisma is significant, are there not other corrupt companies in Ukraine deserving of investigation like Fraud Guarantee, how about the RosUkrEnergo gas company or all the banks that enable these oligarchs. I never heard any other specifics other than requests to investigate Biden or Burisma.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:44 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Someone needs to point out in the US Constitution where Vindman and others testifying are granted the same powers of the POTUS regarding foreign affairs.What a bunch of nonsense. Who cares what Vindman’s testimony is ? It is his opinion. Who cares what was” doctored” or not?

He is not elected by the people. He is just another paid Government employee. Should the country be led by POTUS, an elected Official , or by the opinions of anyone else that can testify?
That’s the country Democrats want. They lost the election in 2016, so the 1/2 of the 1/3 of the Government should now take over the Oval Office ? As a Judge recently ruled that the Executive Branch can’t dictate to the Legislators, it works both ways.
Nancy and her pals should be working on saving California. She now reminds me of Nero.
Now you're just sounding desperate. I suggest you quit while you're ahead. Never mind: it's too late for that. But this argument is still ridiculous.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:48 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Who is talking about the Whistleblower? We're talking about Vindman and he was on the call. Why don't you sit the next couple of plays out there, champ. You're confusing yourself.

No, it seems that you need to take the break....you cannot even remember your own post that I responded to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan
You do realize that the "official transcript" was just based on "notes and recollections" of other people on the call, yes? It was not a letter for letter documenting of everything that was said.
Run along skippy....

Old 10-30-2019, 05:50 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
That's what you're going to go with? Really? What does this LTC have in common with Nidal, besides not a damned thing?

Sit back and think about it? Take your own advice, man, you are so far out in left field it's not even the same sport anymore.

Loyalty to their country.....sit back skippy, like I said, think about it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies