Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 09:28 AM

996 posts, read 378,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
You need to keep up, Vindman has said that certain details of the conversation regarding pressuring Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden, or at least put out the pretense of doing so, have been omitted from the script turned over by the White House. Now, he's just one guy, so I'll grant you its not conclusive, but if the entirety of the call is ever revealed and he is correct, that is a clear cut example of obstruction of justice.

Considering the constant lies told by Trump and his allies, I believe Vindman. Despite republican's shameful attempts to smear him, there has been no shred of evidence that so far impinges his character or paints him as dishonest. Trump, on the other hand...

" he said"

Show me evidence, not opinion, that agrees with what " he said "

I think this is around the fifth time I have asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 09:33 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This is what Trump followers are forced to pretend to believe now. Imagine willingly stripping off one's dignity to this degree.
Willful ignorance and putting their fingers in the ears while screaming "La La La" whenever negative facts are revealed regarding their pseudo god king is the Trump supports' way.

After supporting him this long, they are in it all the way now. Otherwise they'd have to admit how gullible they've been. The went tribal on the wrong tribe, now they will stick with that tribe no matter what until the very end. As for any pesky negative facts regarding their leader, they can easily dismiss them with some sort of illogically twisted conspiracy theory.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” ― Soren Kierkegaard

Old 10-30-2019, 09:49 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Willful ignorance and putting their fingers in the ears while screaming "La La La" whenever negative facts are revealed regarding their pseudo god king is the Trump supports' way.

After supporting him this long, they are in it all the way now. Otherwise they'd have to admit how gullible they've been. The went tribal on the wrong tribe, now they will stick with that tribe no matter what until the very end. As for any pesky negative facts regarding their leader, they can easily dismiss them with some sort of illogically twisted conspiracy theory.

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” ― Soren Kierkegaard
Dead on. This is what explains the increasingly crazed tenor of the responses from the Trump supporters here and elsewhere. When inconvenient facts get in the way, their only alternative is to resort to convoluted pretzel logic, or simple minded ad hominem attacks, or to change the topic - the old familiar "but Obama!" "but Hillary!" distractions.

That's an amazing quote, had never heard it before but that says it all.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:50 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
City-Data Trump voters, let's get you on record (not that I expect any of you to have the guts to answer):

Do you think that Lt Col Vindman, 20+ years served in the United States Army, 3 tours in Iraq, and Purple Heart recipient, is a liar?
Seems you're getting a little mad....

But I'll answer, who knows, we can always speculate, the same way you continue to post "tweets" from people who familiar with the situation....

But for your reading pleasure:

Quote:
Aldrich Ames is a 31-year CIA veteran turned KGB double agent. In 1994, he was arrested by the FBI for spying for the Soviets along with his wife, Rosario Ames, who aided and abetted his espionage. Following his arrest and guilty plea, Ames revealed that he had compromised the identities of CIA and FBI human sources, leading some to be executed by the Soviet Union.
And then you can read here about these other Soldiers....if you have the guts...

https://www.dhra.mil/PERSEREC/Espionage-Cases/army2/

Old 10-30-2019, 09:54 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This is what Trump followers are forced to pretend to believe now. Imagine willingly stripping off one's dignity to this degree.
This is some funny ass stuff right here...

You on the left believed a person who did not know when, where, who was at the party, how she got to the party, how she got home form the party....to strip the dignity of a nominee for the SC....because she knew that she hand been sexually abuse...and you still believed her after the witnesses who said they were there, said they don't remember...

Good god talk about the hypocrisy....

Old 10-30-2019, 09:54 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
My "creepo-meter" shoots sky high every time I look at this guy Vindman. He reminds me of someone who sits in his mother's basement, with just his boxer shorts on, staring at the internet all day. He may be decorated but I suspect he is sympathizing with the Democrats. Whenever you follow the Democrats, you follow all the dirt.

There is more to this story. It reminds me of the Kavannah investigation where the very unbelievable Blasey-]Ford testified

Old 10-30-2019, 09:55 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
City-Data Trump voters, let's get you on record (not that I expect any of you to have the guts to answer):

Do you think that Lt Col Vindman, 20+ years served in the United States Army, 3 tours in Iraq, and Purple Heart recipient, is a liar?
I think that he's a partisan who picked party over country. I simply can't trust or respect anyone like that.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Vindman was on the call, so what? We got the word for word conversation of what President Trump said.. Vindman has an opinion.. so do you and I.. but the letter speaks for itself .. a big nothing burger.

Innuendo goes a long way when your feelings are put into play.
You DON'T have the word for word conversation of what President Trump said. That's part of Vindman's testimony. He was privy to the conversation, and he was there when they were producing the ROUGH transcript of the conversation. He argued when they were producing that rough transcript that some things were being left out. They might or might not have been important, but you definitely do not have a word for word record of that conversation.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:57 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:

I voted for Trump. I'm inclined to believe LTC Vindman, pending future testimony/information from others.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I think that he's a partisan who picked party over country. I simply can't trust or respect anyone like that.
Based on what, exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies