Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 09:19 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times

Advertisements

I'm seeing congressional Republicans attacking this guy who was wounded in defense of the country. As a combat vet who lost so many buddies and still bothered by the memories 50 years later, I am disgusted with these people to my very core. They make me nauseous.
What in the hell is going in America when an entire political party can insult and denigrate a wounded American veteran? Republicans, not all of course but most who put their party above their country, are truly despicable people unworthy of our freedoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 09:23 AM

996 posts, read 378,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm seeing congressional Republicans attacking this guy who was wounded in defense of the country. As a combat vet who lost so many buddies and still bothered by the memories 50 years later, I am disgusted with these people to my very core. They make me nauseous.
What in the hell is going in America when an entire political party can insult and denigrate a wounded American veteran? Republicans, not all of course but most, are truly despicable people unworthy of our freedoms.
Of course you recall just last Week Hillary attacking Tulsi , calling her a Russian asset , right ? And then others backing Hillary within the Party ?

Old 10-29-2019, 09:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
What in the hell is going in America when an entire political party can insult and denigrate a wounded American veteran? Republicans, not all of course but most who put their party above their country, are truly despicable people unworthy of our freedoms.
Reps to you.

Being a war-wounded vet doesn't mean you can do no wrong, but it should certainly earn you the benefit of the doubt, especially when it comes to the question of having America's best interest at heart!

Old 10-29-2019, 09:26 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
Quote:
Vindeman is the third witness now that contradicts Sondland. Clearly Sondland lied under oath. He could be the next in a long line of Trump associates who will end up with his reputation destroyed or even in prison for having rubbed elbows with Trump.
If Vindman's and Hill's testimony contradicting Sondland concerning his pressuring Zelenskyy to investigate Biden is memorialized in a complaint to the lead attorney for the NSC, then yes he perjured himself.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Of course you recall just last Week Hillary attacking Tulsi , calling her a Russian asset , right ? And then others backing Hillary within the Party ?
If anyone agreed with that assertion, they're simply out to lunch and can be dismissed out of hand.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:27 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF you had any FACTS of WHY he's the "Most overrated colonel ever" as you allege, you'd KNOW why he didn't make general, eh?

And just curious, what color is your purple heart?

That was sarcasm.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
How dare Trumpers call a military veteran a Ukrainian asset.

That's hypocrisy!
So, "only as bad as Hillary" is the bar you're going to choose? Really? Really?

Old 10-29-2019, 09:30 AM

2,264 posts, read 971,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, "only as bad as Hillary" is the bar you're going to choose? Really? Really?
Who said anything about Democrats?

Old 10-29-2019, 09:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He confirmed the transcript..... okay, so how is this big ‘gotcha’ news?

So, is the guy seriously saying that if the Ukraine investigated Burisma for corruption and they find it involved Biden’s son the Democrats would punish the Ukraine or withdraw support from the Ukraine? Because, that’s what it sounds like to me. Why is this not considered troubling?
The guy is seriously saying that a US President should not be asking a foreign leader to initiate an investigation into the US President's political rivals. It is self-serving, and it compromises the office of the President of the United States as well as any diplomatic efforts the United States might want to put forth.

It is indeed troubling that President Trump did this, and that his supporters don't understand why it is wrong.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:37 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,043 times
We’ve all read the call colonel, you may of been concerned, others were not concerned. It’s a matter of opinion at this point, we can debate whether Trump should or shouldn’t of made the call but calling for impeachment and saying this is a high crime is laughable. Thankfully impeachment has 0% chance and we have an election next year to let the people decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies